Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster observations
As I normally do this time of year, I pulled up the current roster on Bengals.com and sorted by position.

There were a few things I found interesting.

Some are just trivial, some I question if there is meaning.
  • Westerman does not have a position assigned to him.
  • All of our draft picks are ageless wonders, as they have no age at all
  • William Jackson doesn't have a number yet.  Could he be trying to buy one off a teammate?
  • Dansby and Vigil are listed as ILB.  All others just say LB.  Are we possibly going to run more 34 base?  Or kick 58 back to SAM and have Dansby play MIKE?
  • Pat Sims is currently listed at 340
  • We have 5 WRs that stand 6' 3" or greater
  • Eric Winston is no longer listed as a tackle.  He is now listed as a guard
  • Huber and Clark Harris are the only guys without any competition
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're so weird
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: We're so weird

We gotta do SOMETHING to pass the time until Training Camp, and we're running out of topics around here!
Reply/Quote
Don't leave us hanging! What did you find interesting?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 10:33 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Don't leave us hanging! What did you find interesting?

I had trouble reading it too, am using my iPhone. I'll see if I can quote it below.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As I normally do this time of year, I pulled up the current roster on Bengals.com and sorted by position.

• William Jackson doesn't have a number yet.  Could he be trying to buy one off a teammate?
  • Dansby and Vigil are listed as ILB.  All others just say LB.  Are we possibly going to run more 34 base?  Or kick 58 back to SAM and have Dansby play MIKE?

Maybe we can read it now
Reply/Quote
Interesting.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:

This year's draft did seem a little thin at the long snapper position.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:
Nick Vigil will compete for ALL positions. Marvin, Mikey, Katie, and Duke aren't even safe.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 06:05 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Nick Vigil will compete for ALL positions. Marvin, Mikey, Katie, and Duke aren't even safe.

He will be number 2 on the depth chart at all positions while being the starting MLB and kicker.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 06:05 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Nick Vigil will compete for ALL positions. Marvin, Mikey, Katie, and Duke aren't even safe.

I've heard the NFL is having an emergency rules committee meeting to declare that Nick Vigil counts as two players both on the roster and in terms of players on the field.
Reply/Quote
fischer is getting reps at ll 5 spots on the line... and has been working on long snapping (emergency for harris i guess?)
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 02:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: fischer is getting reps at ll 5 spots on the line... and has been working on long snapping (emergency for harris i guess?)
Did you know Justin Smith was the emergency long snapper when he was here?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 01:53 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I've heard the NFL is having an emergency rules committee meeting to declare that Nick Vigil counts as two players both on the roster and in terms of players on the field.

Paulie G is working on packages with 4 down linemen and a lone Nick Vigil behind them.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 02:17 PM)jason Wrote: Did you know Justin Smith was the emergency long snapper when he was here?

maybe i dont even remember if i knew lol... its been a long time now what 10 years?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As I normally do this time of year, I pulled up the current roster on Bengals.com and sorted by position.

Jackson did get #22 at his press conference, but I guess it remains to be seen if he is going to keep it.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 03:16 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Jackson did get #22 at his press conference, but I guess it remains to be seen if he is going to keep it.

He's listed as #22 now.

Maybe they were stalking the thread and realized the error...
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:25 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: This year's draft did seem a little thin at the long snapper position.

Lions snagged one in the 6th round.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I hope this is the case (Rey M back at SAM).  It makes too much sense.  I doubt we see more 3-4 though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

The most meaningful part is that on my phone nothing on your list shows up until I clicked on the quote button. It has to be an omen. Good or bad is yet to be determined. I suspect it's not as good as some may believe being the list tag doesn't work.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote