Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster update 12/3
Drue Chrisman, as expected, has been elevated from the PS for Sunday's game

This is Drue's 3rd and last "free" elevation. Next week he will have to be signed to the 53 or risk him to waivers when he is elevated again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Might be Kevin Huber's last week as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised they keep sending him back to the practice squad. He could be poached if any NFL team suddenly needs a punter. With as good as Chrisman has been punting, I think he could be a prime target if some team suddenly needs a punter. How mad would fans be if Chrisman is poached and we are left with Huber continuing with his struggles.
Reply/Quote
Yes it's curious why they don't just put Chrisman on team and get it over with?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think FO is sensitive to Huber's legacy and maybe the reason for the crawl to elevate Drue
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 07:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I'm surprised they keep sending him back to the practice squad. He could be poached if any NFL team suddenly needs a punter. With as good as Chrisman has been punting, I think he could be a prime target if some team suddenly needs a punter. How mad would fans be if Chrisman is poached and we are left with Huber continuing with his struggles.

It's amazing how little people know about the PS rules...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 08:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's amazing how little people know about the PS rules...

He could have been poached the last few Mondays.

And to be honest; I don't find it amazing at all that folks don't know all the PS rules.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He could have been poached the last few Mondays.

And to be honest; I don't find it amazing at all that folks don't know all the PS rules.

The team is allowed to protect up to 4 practice squad players each week.  Drue has been one of those players protected each week.  So no he could not have been poached

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 11:02 PM)pally Wrote: The team is allowed to protect up to 4 practice squad players each week.  Drue has been one of those players protected each week.  So no he could not have been poached

Correct. He’s been protected for quite awhile 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He could have been poached the last few Mondays.

(12-03-2022, 11:02 PM)pally Wrote: The team is allowed to protect up to 4 practice squad players each week.  Drue has been one of those players protected each week.  So no he could not have been poached

Case in point.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/30/23325681/how-it-works-nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-and-more
More protection
The NFL also added a new wrinkle to the practice squad that provides teams with some limited protections for keeping practice squad players. Teams can designate four players every week that are protected from being signed by other teams. This protection starts on Tuesday each week, so every practice squad player is still available to be signed to the regular roster of another team after their team’s game that week until the deadline on Tuesday.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 07:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I'm surprised they keep sending him back to the practice squad.  He could be poached if any NFL team suddenly needs a punter.  With as good as Chrisman has been punting, I think he could be a prime target if some team suddenly needs a punter.  How mad would fans be if Chrisman is poached and we are left with Huber continuing with his struggles.

As far as i remember, teams can only offer a PS player a spot on their 53. They're not necessarily "claimed" off of a PS. The player can decline at his discretion. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

This was a rule that started because of the pandemic right? Or was it around before then? If the former, it would make sense that some people don't know the change in rule.
Reply/Quote
Also, the fact the that no WR was called up means Chase is a-go. They’ve called up a WR every week he hasn’t played.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 12:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This was a rule that started because of the pandemic right? Or was it around before then? If the former, it would make sense that some people don't know the change in rule.

We'll have to ask the PS "experts"  to be sure, but as I understand it:

Prior to the Pandemic, the only way you could protect a PS player was to sign him to your 53. Recently a rule was changed where you could protect 4 players starting on Tuesday after the game. A PS call-up automatically reverts back to the PS on Monday, therefore any player on the PS could be poached on Monday. 

WTS, it's PS rules; it's not amazing everyone doesn't know all of them. 

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 12:34 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Also, the fact the that no WR was called up means Chase is a-go. They’ve called up a WR every week he hasn’t played.
Perhaps, but remember Irwin was usually a call-up but we recently added him to the 53. 

Reply/Quote