Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster updates 10/22
Tyler Shelvin is elevated from the practice squad. This was anticipated with both Reader and Tupou injured. This Tyler's 2nd elevation. He has one more "free" elevation before having to be signed to the 53.

Joe Bachie has been activated from the PUP list. He replaces Khalid Kareem on the roster who was activated and waived last week. Joe was activated to help fill the holes left by Logan Wilson in the LB group as well as Stanley Morgan who will be out on special teams. Joe showed some skills on special teams last season before he was injured

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update!
Reply/Quote
I’m worried about that run D..
No Reader and no Logan Wilson means some guys are going to have to step up big time.
Shelvin was awful in preseason so let’s hope he figured something out while on the practice squad (like how to prevent 350lbs from being pushed back 5 yards on every play).

Hopefully they will put up some points so they can get a W this week and then get some guys back before they play against the Browns rushing game.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 03:25 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m worried about that run D..
No Reader and no Logan Wilson means some guys are going to have to step up big time.
Shelvin was awful in preseason so let’s hope he figured something out while on the practice squad (like how to prevent 350lbs from being pushed back 5 yards on every play).

Hopefully they will put up some points so they can get a W this week and then get some guys back before they play against the Browns rushing game.

I have a feeling our best run defense this week will come from Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. Against a weak secondary, we need to put up some points and that will hopefully force Atlanta to abandon the run or we’ll score enough to where it doesn’t matter.

Joe said he likes the version of himself where he throws for 400yds best, so let’s see that Joe this week! LFG!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 03:25 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m worried about that run D..

Everyone forgets that he had a broken wrist or whatever in the PS and that's probably why he was SO crappy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 03:25 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m worried about that run D..

Jay Tufele step up! This dude was a stud in limited snaps against the Saints in stopping the run, has only played football
a couple years and was a standout at USC. We wanted this guy over Shelvin I read and he knows how to use his leverage 
well while keeping his eyes on the RB in the backfield while he sheds his guy. Saw it multiple times against the Saints in 
the Star is Born thread by JJ22. Go watch it.

I am more worried about our edge run D with Wilson out. Pratt, ADG, Bailey, Johnston and Bachie along with our Safeties
need to really watch the Saints tape and see how bad they were stopping the run on the edge. This is where I am more 
concerned, not as much in the middle if Tufele continues to play like he did against the Saints.

(10-22-2022, 05:32 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: I have a feeling our best run defense this week will come from Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. Against a weak secondary, we need to put up some points and that will hopefully force Atlanta to abandon the run or we’ll score enough to where it doesn’t matter.

Joe said he likes the version of himself where he throws for 400yds best, so let’s see that Joe this week! LFG!

Joe seems about ready for that breakout game against the 2nd worst Defense against the pass...

(10-22-2022, 06:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Everyone forgets that he had a broken wrist or whatever in the PS and that's probably why he was SO crappy.

Didn't know Shelvin had a broken wrist in PS. That sure would make sense on why he was crappy. Thanks Truck. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 03:25 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m worried about that run D..

Tyler played many snaps vs the Titans and did well.

Reply/Quote
Tufele will have a chance to make a name for himself this week.

Hoping he does

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 05:32 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: I have a feeling our best run defense this week will come from Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. Against a weak secondary, we need to put up some points and that will hopefully force Atlanta to abandon the run or we’ll score enough to where it doesn’t matter.

We have not seen 400 plus in a long time
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: Tyler Shelvin is elevated from the practice squad.  This was anticipated with both Reader and Tupou injured.  This Tyler's 2nd elevation.  He has one more "free" elevation before having to be signed to the 53.

Joe Bachie has been activated from the PUP list.  He replaces Khalid Kareem on the roster who was activated and waived last week.  Joe was activated to help fill the holes left by Logan Wilson in the LB group as well as Stanley Morgan who will be out on special teams.  Joe showed some skills on special teams last season before he was injured

Bachie's first snap on defense was a poor read by him, he went into the wrong hole and the RB cutback into his vacated area for a big gain. I remember yelling "Who the Hell was that? Oh, great! The new off-the-street FA. This is going to be a long day."

Pretty much every snap from that point on until his injury, he played damn good football and did not look like a liability out there at all. I remember saying after his injury . . . "he's earned a shot next year, for sure." and I would not be surprised if his brief stint last year was why they didn't bother drafting a LineBacker this year.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 09:18 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bachie's first snap on defense was a poor read by him, he went into the wrong hole and the RB cutback into his vacated area for a big gain. I remember yelling "Who the Hell was that? Oh, great! The new off-the-street FA. This is going to be a long day."

Pretty much every snap from that point on until his injury, he played damn good football and did not look like a liability out there at all. I remember saying after his injury . . . "he's earned a shot next year, for sure." and I would not be surprised if his brief stint last year was why they didn't bother drafting a LineBacker this year.

He was really good at Michigan State too and was surprised people were writing him off when we grabbed him.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 07:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have not seen 400 plus in a long time

Burrow threw for 400+ in the last 2 regular season games he started last year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 07:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have not seen 400 plus in a long time

He threw for 525 yds against the Ravens and followed that up the next week with 446 yds against the Chiefs (weeks 15 & 16).

When the media asked him what Joe he likes best, he said he likes the Joe who throws for 500 yds. I don’t have the exact quote and don’t really have the time to find it, but you get the gist.

That’s the Joe we need this week to neutralize their run game.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know Shelvin had a broken wrist in PS. That sure would make sense on why he was crappy. Thanks Truck. ThumbsUp

Maybe it helped prevent him from shoveling more food in his mouth...
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe it helped prevent him from shoveling more food in his mouth...

He needs it lol

But seriously if you have a broken wrist it doesn't matter how strong you are and that was my concern with Shelvin.

He just wasn't showing strength like he did at LSU, makes sense with a broken wrist. Him being way overweight though 
is not an excuse. Tufele could end up taking his future job here if he doesn't really show up. I predict this to be the case
too, Tufele as our future backup to Reader and boy are we stacked at DT if Zach Carter starts to show as well.
Reply/Quote