Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-20-2018, 10:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: Stacy Andrews was garbage here.....not sure what your point is.

No he was not.

Garbage players don't get $40 million contracts in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 10:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not "spinning" anything.  That's what the scouting reports said. Mellow   I've linked NUMEROUS reports calling him a 2nd to 3rd round pick, NUMEROUS times.  I'm not going to do it again.

I don't care how many "projections" you post.  It is clear that NFL teams thought he was not worth more than a fourth round pick.

Doesn't matter if he was the second rated OG.  He was a fourth round pick.

Doesn't matter if he was a tweener.  He was a fourth round pick.

And as I already showed, among the 172 O-linemen taken in the fourth round or later since Boling was drafted in 2011 only one other player has more starts.  In fact Boling has TWICE as many starts as 155 of the 172.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 10:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: I said the Free Agent contracts given Stacy Andrews and Nate Livings earned their teams ridicule - which they did.

But only with the benefit of hindsight.  At the time they were signed those contracts were fair market value, just because a player does not work out with a new team does not mean he sucked before that.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't care how many "projections" you post.  It is clear that NFL teams thought he was not worth more than a fourth round pick.

And as I already showed, among the 172 O-linemen taken in the fourth round or later since Boling was drafted in 2011 only one other player has more starts.  In fact Boling has TWICE as many starts as 155 of the 172.

Right, because he was a very good player in college, quite polished, and his game has translated well at the next level.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No he was not.

He and Livings are living proof it happens.  Sometimes garbage players sign big deals, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Brock Oswieler, Nate Livings, Stacy Andrews, Matt Cassell, Matt Flynn, etc,etc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Yeah okay.....
Reply/Quote

(02-20-2018, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't care how many "projections" you post.  It is clear that NFL teams thought he was not worth more than a fourth round pick.

(02-20-2018, 11:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But only with the benefit of hindsight.  At the time they were signed those contracts were fair market value, just because a player does not work out with a new team does not mean he sucked before that.

fredtoast, you're not going to baffle anyone with bullshit in this thread, I'd say that's pretty evident by now.

Any NFL fan knows that garbage players get great contracts, just about every year.  You're obviously smart enough to know this, why pretend otherwise?

Most NFL fans also realize that some highly rated players drop in the draft, for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with their talent level.  Boling likely went in the 4th, because Guards weren't in high demand that particular year.

"Only with the benefit of hindsight"??  C'mon man, are you drunk, or just being lazy?  We all know that you're smarter than that.

My point in all of that is to simply say that the majority of the Bengal fan base feels much better, now that Paul Alexander has been shown the door.  History shows that the vast majority of his "projects" never really amounted to much in the NFL.  (regardless of any post-Bengals contract) 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 08:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: He and Livings are living proof it happens.  Sometimes garbage players sign big deals, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Brock Oswieler, Nate Livings, Stacy Andrews, Matt Cassell, Matt Flynn, etc,etc.

:troll:
Reply/Quote