Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
I would think that Mason Cole from Michigan would be a target for the Bengals. He's listed as a Center and Tackle, both dire positions of need for the Bengals.

I think they are judging the last two games of the year way too much. That said, if Pollack likes Bodine, we may have to eat that shit sandwich and hope he can turn him into a serviceable starter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 04:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In yet another unsurprising move, it's being reported that Marvin Lewis and the Bengals want to re-sign Russell Bodine.
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?ls=roto:nfl:gnav

FML. Continuity will be the death of this organization.

ONE- Bengals have a new offensive line coach with different plans

Two- Bengals new offensive coordinator Lasor says changes to offense coming. 

Three -  NFL Teams are play Bluff Poker going into Free Agency and Draft and all teams are hiding their cards. 

Last- Bodine could be signed but a center like Price drafted and Bodine moved to guard. Not having to snap ball, he might make a good guard and back-up center.  Of course if Bodine wants a huge free agent contract, Mike Brown will wave bye-bye. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Funny how he didn't fix his snapping issues until his contract year. I'm all for signing the dude for backup/very low end starter money because he would be a good backup if nothing else. I just hope that they don't get Kirkpatricked again, paying for sudden competency in a contract year and then left wondering where all of their money went.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown must have sent word down that the team will not spend a decent draft pick on a center.

More bull shit from the front office.

Reply/Quote
Bodine is the worst starter on the worst unit in the NFL. Fml
Reply/Quote
This is Rey Maualuga all over again...and Rey was a better a backer than Bodine is a center.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
when will this team demand more from their starters instead of being content with horrible players as long as we can keep them on the cheap. Bodine may absolutely be the worst player on this team but hey, he's on the field up every Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 06:41 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bodine is the worst starter on the worst unit in the NFL.  Fml

This pretty well sums it up.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I am willing to give Bodine another shot with a competent line coach as long as it is team friendly deal and it doesn’t last more than two years. Alexander was really bad and the Cowboys are going to see that
Reply/Quote
With all the bitching about Alexander and his schemes now that he's gone perhaps it's time to see if these guys are even capable of improvement under a new coach.
I dunno.. With Bodine we haven't seen a whole lot of botched snaps with fumble after fumble at the line of scrimmage so there is some hope.. I'm not going to freak out over it.. Whenever I hear someone say that it can't get any worse..Oh yes it can. Things can ALWAYS get worse. That doesn't mean they can't get better, but they can always get worse too.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I saw this pop up on my phone yesterday, and i immediately had to resist the urge to drive my car head on into a telephone pole.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why? Seriously why would anyone be fine with this. It doesn't matter if we resign him cheap or a 1-2 year deal. He is a liability as a starter and even just as depth. This is a horrible sign of what's to come. Marvin coming back is a complete joke but everyone is buying into this cause we replaced a couple position coaches and a DC that was leaving anyway. Now we are making excuses to justify keeping this clown as well. If he is resigned he will be the starter for the next 2 years. So tell me how does keeping Bodine as our starting C make this team better?

2 months ago things were looking pretty bright, Marvin was out, we robbed Cleveland of draft picks for AJ and it was a givin that Bodine would be gone. But now it's the same ole shit. Maybe Bodine will become a quality starter his 16th year. Gotta love that continuity.

Meanwhile the Vikings draft a C that most of us wanted and another Olineman or two (ya know from that weak Oline draft class) and they make a SB run with a 3rd string journeyman QB. Bet if they just had a little more continuity they probably would have won that last game. Sorry for the rant, this just pissis me off.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:17 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Why? Seriously why would anyone be fine with this. It doesn't matter if we resign him cheap or a 1-2 year deal. He is a liability as a starter and even just as depth. This is a horrible sign of what's to come. Marvin coming back is a complete joke but everyone is buying into this cause we replaced a couple position coaches and a DC that was leaving anyway. Now we are making excuses to justify keeping this clown as well. If he is resigned he will be the starter for the next 2 years. So tell me how does keeping Bodine as our starting C make this team better?

2 months ago things were looking pretty bright, Marvin was out, we robbed Cleveland of draft picks for AJ and it was a givin that Bodine would be gone. But now it's the same ole shit. Maybe Bodine will become a quality starter his 16th year. Gotta love that continuity.

Meanwhile the Vikings draft a C that most of us wanted and another Olineman or two (ya know from that weak Oline draft class) and they make a SB run with a 3rd string journeyman QB. Bet if they just had a little more continuity they probably would have won that last game. Sorry for the rant, this just pissis me off.

Yep. I've never understood why fans bemoan the fact MB is cheap, then want to re-sign a guy or sign a FA at as little a price as possible just to keep him around. 

Making someone a backup on a lesser contract doesn't magically make them serviceable. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I've never understood why fans bemoan the fact MB is cheap, then want to re-sign a guy or sign a FA at as little a price as possible just to keep him around. 

Making someone a backup on a lesser contract doesn't magically make them serviceable. 

Problem isn't with signing him on the cheap really IMO.  Problem is, I don't get the feeling that they'll sign him on the cheap.  They'll give him more than he's worth on the open market and cite locker room presence and continuity as they did with Rey M and MJ.  My guess is that he'd get a league average (at his position) or better deal to stay in Cincinnati. 

He wouldn't be given that deal to "compete for the starting spot".  He'd be handed the job for the next 4 or 5 seasons with little to no fear of losing it to anyone on the roster or anywhere else.  This is what I expect to happen.  

Only way they cut bait is if he gets into a Kyle Cook situation and is just too banged up to trot out onto the field any longer.  

Ride or die with the rust bucket because Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 04:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote:  frankly grow into a guy you can count on."

Yeah, count on getting pushed into Dalton's lap.  Whatever

(01-26-2018, 06:17 PM)McC Wrote: Andy Dalton read this and shit a brick.

And promptly threw it out of bounds. Huh? Am I right? Huh? HUH?

Mellow
(01-27-2018, 12:19 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think they are judging the last two games of the year way too much. 

I honestly think that's ALL Mike is looking at. The rest of the season doesn't matter. Only those last 2 games against teams that didn't even make the playoffs.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 11:07 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, count on getting pushed into Dalton's lap.  Whatever

And promptly threw it out of bounds. Huh? Am I right? Huh? HUH?

Mellow

I honestly think that's ALL Mike is looking at. The rest of the season doesn't matter. Only those last 2 games against teams that didn't even make the playoffs.  Whatever

Because the heat was coming right up the middle, again?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 06:33 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Mike Brown must have sent word down that the team will not spend a decent draft pick on a center.

More bull shit from the front office.

This is exactly the feeling I get. Bodine has consistently ranked out near the bottom of PFF rankings for his position, but Mike doesn't look at performance (he really doesn't know how). Mike looks at starts. Mike can get a lot of starts out of Bodine at a cheap price. Remember the goofy forehead-slapping quote from Mike about how Marv "deserved credit for the 15 years he's put in"?

He probably feels the same way about Bodine's 4 years. Nevermind if the coach/player ain't getting it done.

These guys deserve credit because some inept guy above them keeps them employed, and the same inept guy thinks they deserve credit for that.

[Image: 9Cfrqoq.png]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 12:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is exactly the feeling I get. Bodine has consistently ranked out near the bottom of PFF rankings for his position, but Mike doesn't look at performance (he really doesn't know how). Mike looks at starts. Mike can get a lot of starts out of Bodine at a cheap price. Remember the goofy forehead-slapping quote from Mike about how Marv "deserved credit for the 15 years he's put in"?

He probably feels the same way about Bodine's 4 years. Nevermind if the coach/player ain't getting it done.

These guys deserve credit because some inept guy above them keeps them employed, and the same inept guy thinks they deserve credit for that.

[Image: 9Cfrqoq.png]

Exactly how I see it.

I'm trying very hard to keep the faith and hold out hope that things are gonna change. But deep down in I know it most likely won't.

I fully expect us to bargain bin FA, retain all the dead weight, stick with the bulk of the putrid O-line, and on and on ! 

Mike Brown isn't going to change - period.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 12:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly how I see it.

I'm trying very hard to keep the faith and hold out hope that things are gonna change. But deep down in I know it most likely won't.

I fully expect us to bargain bin FA, retain all the dead weight, stick with the bulk of the putrid O-line, and on and on ! 

Mike Brown isn't going to change - period.

Mike Brown doesn’t change...he tweaks. He has the same stubborn arrogance that Marvin and Paul Alexander have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They say they are trying to resign Bodine and only interviewing receivers that will go on the first 2 days of the draft at the Senior Bowl.

I gots to say it does look a wee bit strange.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote