Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotoworld Mock
The new Rotoworld mock has the Bengals landing Haskins, while passing on guys like Hockerson and Taylor. What would your reaction be if this scenario actually played out on draft night?

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/mock-draft/mock-draft-two-weeks-away
Reply/Quote
I would hate passing on Taylor to take Haskins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
QB of the future....I would suspect Mike Brown would have input on this. So far they have stopped short of an extension for Andy.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 01:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: QB of the future....I would suspect Mike Brown would have input on this.  So far they have stopped short of an extension for Andy.

Not sure I am sold on Haskins. Read the other day he struggles throwing unless his feet are planted and not very accurate with the deep ball.

Reply/Quote
I would be pretty upset. I loved Haskins in college, but I have such an issue with drafting a 1-year college starter. They never justify their top 10-15 draft status.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't like this at all, Haskins struggles when his feet aren't set and without a decent O-line he will struggle all the time. He is only a 1 year starter, i like Murray more, atleast he can run if there is pressure and he has a quick release and a very accurate arm. I take Taylor or Hochenson over Haskins everytime.
Reply/Quote
Haskin's is young and unproven. But I am preparing myself for a surprise pick. I personally would go with Hochenson TE then take Stidham in round 3-4. But If Haskins is Taylor's pick, then I have to trust the process and prepare myself for a rebuild year. Haskins will need time to throw and has a stronger arm. One year starter. Hard to calibrate but his TD to INT ratio is insane.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Haskins is overrated and will be garbage as a pro.

We're in win-now mode and we just need to give Dalton the tools to succeed, including a line.

I'm praying this doesn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Haskins is overrated and will be garbage as a pro.

We're in win-now mode and we just need to give Dalton the tools to succeed, including a line.

This. This. This.

This would almost kill me as a fan. Honestly it should be what I expect from this franchise.....knowing as I do. But for F’s sake.......
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Haskins is overrated and will be garbage as a pro.

Agree totally.  We have other needs that have to be addressed NOW!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
We are not drafting a QB in Rd 1.....
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 05:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This.  This.  This.  

This would almost kill me as a fan.  Honestly it should be what I expect from this franchise.....knowing as I do.  But for F’s sake.......
Same here.

I feel like we're run differently now, but I'm so conditioned to expect the worst from us that it just feels like it will happen.

Taylor coming in has me thinking "he's smart......  he won't come and want a new quarterback that will take a year or two to develop and waste what little time AJ has left at a high level," but, once again, I'm conditioned, especially since I don't know what Taylor's thinking.
(04-09-2019, 05:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Agree totally.  We have other needs that have to be addressed NOW!

Exactly, and addressing those needs can make us a contender NOW!
Reply/Quote

I hope we don't a QB, but not sure why you think he will be garbage as a pro?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 02:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I hope we don't a QB, but not sure why you think he will be garbage as a pro?

Just what I'm hearing from experts.
Reply/Quote

Lol if this team were in win-now mode, they should have gone more all-in in FA than what they did. You can't honestly say they are all-in with Bobby Hart as the starting RT, can you?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 02:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I hope we don't a QB, but not sure why you think he will be garbage as a pro?

Garbage definitely isn't accurate. I think it's safer to say he needs a great OL unless he can improve with handling pressure. Reminds me of Derek Carr in that way when Carr was coming out of Fresno St.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Garbage definitely isn't accurate. I think it's safer to say he needs a great OL unless he can improve with handling pressure. Reminds me of Derek Carr in that way when Carr was coming out of Fresno St.

That I can understand, but garbage. Come on, you score 50 TDs and maybe 5 or 6 were rushes.... Yeah not to mention over 4000 with only 9 ints.....  garbage...LMAO
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lol if this team were in win-now mode, they should have gone more all-in in FA than what they did. You can't honestly say they are all-in with Bobby Hart as the starting RT, can you?

We'll take a RT early.

Plus, we now have a quality offensive line coach.
Reply/Quote

(04-10-2019, 02:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just what I'm hearing from experts.

I don't think that he's going to "garbage" as a Pro, but I don't think that he's someone that you want starting as a rookie, either.  Haskins has great physical tools, but will likely require a couple of years of NFL coaching, in order to be able to read and diagnose NFL coverages at NFL speed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 09:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We'll take a RT early.

Plus, we now have a quality offensive line coach.

Do we have evidence that Frank Pollack was not a quality OL coach but yet Turner is? I'd argue we had a quality OL coach in Pollack but downgraded to Turner. Guess we'll find out.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote