Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotoworld Mock
(04-08-2019, 12:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would hate passing on Taylor to take Haskins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be fine. Haskins wont be there at 11. That being said Taylor would be my guy, TE talent is much deeper in this draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 10:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Do we have evidence that Frank Pollack was not a quality OL coach but yet Turner is? I'd argue we had a quality OL coach in Pollack but downgraded to Turner. Guess we'll find out.

He couldn't do a thing for Fisher and CedO and he trotted Redmond out there for fifteen games with zero improvement.  Just exactly what did he do well?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 07:40 PM)McC Wrote: He couldn't do a thing for Fisher and CedO and he trotted Redmond out there for fifteen games with zero improvement.  Just exactly what did he do well?

Valid, but he had a lot of success with DAL line. Maybe there was no way to get good play out of Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Redmond...at least not within just a year.
My point is it’s a bit unfair to criticize someone after just a year when they’ve had so much success prior to that.

What exactly has Turner done better than Pollack? I don’t recall him building an elite OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 07:40 PM)McC Wrote: He couldn't do a thing for Fisher and CedO and he trotted Redmond out there for fifteen games with zero improvement.  Just exactly what did he do well?

I’d say the run blocking improved under Pollack (Mixon seemed upset that he left). I’d also point to Hopkins filling in admirably a C. Anytime a backup can come in a be solid I think a coach should probably get some credit.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Garbage definitely isn't accurate. I think it's safer to say he needs a great OL unless he can improve with handling pressure. Reminds me of Derek Carr in that way when Carr was coming out of Fresno St.

Please,no qb at all unless late in draft,we need Andre Dillard,OT or Ed Oliver a dominate pass rusher and I do not like the devin bush idea,he is small and will get manhandled against the steelers and will be no good in the AFC north.I want the pass rusher from Michigan,I cannot thinkof his name but he is a  super star in the works. We need help at linebacker,OL and DL then a dominate safety.I would hope that ZT is not drinking Duke Tobins cool aid and has some say so.We were the WORST defense in all of nfl last season ,we need pass rushers and a dominate Nose Tackle.I so hope they get it right.I believe they address defense first and with Willie Anderson announcing the pick in the second I am hoping its a stud O-lineman.Two more long weeks to find out,folks. :andy: ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 12:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The new Rotoworld mock has the Bengals landing Haskins, while passing on guys like Hockerson and Taylor. What would your reaction be if this scenario actually played out on draft night?

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/mock-draft/mock-draft-two-weeks-away

I want to stick with Dalton unless the team does something radical like the AJ Trade.  However, if Haskins falls to the Bengals, they have to take him.  He has the perfect opportunity to be groomed behind Dalton and allows for a massive savings in a couple years with 5 years on his rookie deal.

I give this about a 1% chance of happening.  Some team (Miami?) will jump up to take him or the Giants/Broncos will take him.  The Bengals are being set up by the media to be Charlie Brown flying through the air again after Lucy pulls the ball away.  Don't fall for it.  He won't be there.  
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 12:53 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Please,no qb at all unless late in draft,we need Andre Dillard,OT or Ed Oliver a dominate pass rusher and I do not like the devin bush idea,he is small and will get manhandled against the steelers and will be no good in the AFC north.I want the pass rusher from Michigan,I cannot thinkof his name but he is a  super star in the works. We need help at linebacker,OL and DL then a dominate safety.I would hope that ZT is not drinking Duke Tobins cool aid and has some say so.We were the WORST defense in all of nfl last season ,we need pass rushers and a dominate Nose Tackle.I so hope they get it right.I believe they address defense first and with Willie Anderson announcing the pick in the second I am hoping its a stud O-lineman.Two more long weeks to find out,folks. :andy: ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

I'm with you on OL, DL, and LB. I don't want a new QB either, but that's because I don't think any of them are a slam dunk. I also disagree with you about safety, as I think the safeties (both Bates and Williams) played very well last year. Plus, there's not a dominant safety in this draft class IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote