Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotoworld Ranks 2016 GM's
The Lewis/Tobin/Brown team ranks 5th. I would have chosen Katie not Mike. It wasn't so long ago they would have invented a new catagory because 32nd wasn't low enough.

rotoworld

Quote:5. Marvin Lewis/Duke Tobin/Mike Brown, Bengals
Last Year’s Ranking: 6

How do you rebuild from the ruins of one of the worst stretches in NFL history? Apparently the answer is not having a general manager at all. Owner Mike Brown used to pay himself an annual $1 million bonus for the duties but has slowly ceded more control to his coaching staff and director of player personnel Duke Tobin. The result has been the NFL’s most mysterious power structure, but also one of its steadiest rosters. The Bengals draft and develop, so much so that their two most recent first-round picks, Darqueze Dennard and Cedric Ogbuehi, combined for only 19 appearances and zero starts as rookies. The Bengals have signed a mere two outside free agents this spring, waiting three weeks to pay Brandon LaFell and Karlos Dansby a combined $4.5 million. Second contracts are common, but only at the right price. Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu were both allowed to walk and be overpaid by other teams in free agency even though it left the receiver corps with little depth. This disciplined-to-the-point-of-fanatical approach has yet to produce a playoff victory. What it has done is turn the league’s loudest laughingstock into its quietest annual contender.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
However it works it's working. The playoff wins will come as long as they keep drafting and developing right. Even if it doesn't I'll still be a Bengals fan.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3 way tie for 6th place.  Que up "We are the Champions" for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 09:48 PM)pally Wrote: The Lewis/Tobin/Brown team ranks 5th.  I would have chosen Katie not Mike.  It wasn't so long ago they would have invented a new catagory because 32nd wasn't low enough.

rotoworld

In the 90's Mikey was worst GM in all of professional sports, globally. Katie has some Paul in her where as Mikey just doesn't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote