Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 1 Winners/Losers
Would be interested to get everyone's opinion on this. My favorite/least favorite picks of the first round:

Winners

- Bengals, of course. We needed a QB, and got the best QB prospect to come out in the last few years. If he continues his upward trajectory, Burrow has Tom Brady upside. No brainer pick.
- Redskins. Young would have gone No. 1 any other year. Most talented non-QB in the draft who fills a need for them.
- Bucs. In Wirfs, got potentially the best OT at 13. Probably didn't need to trade up, though.
- Broncos/Cowboys. Getting Jeudy and Lamb at 15 and 17 are steals. Both of these guys could have gone top-10.

Losers

- Dolphins. I was in the camp that if someone offered us enough draft capital for 1OA, we would have to take it. BUT in hindsight I'd much rather have Burrow than Miami's first round haul of Tua, Jackson, and Igbinoghene. I think Tua was a good pick at 5, even with his injury history, but the other two were reaches. The way the draft fell, I'm glad we didn't make this trade (assuming it was even on the table ...)
- Raiders. I like both Ruggs and Arnette, but I think better WRs and CBs were available at those picks.
- Falcons/Eagles. I don't really like Terrell or Reagor, and I think better WRs and CBs were available at those picks as well. I really think Philly will regret taking Reagor over Jefferson (and Murray, for that matter).
- Packers. Nothing against Love, but Rodgers has a few good years left. He must be really pissed that they got him zero help.
- Seahawks. Biggest reach in the first round. I like Brooks, but in late 2/early 3.
Reply/Quote
No, the DB Miami took was the biggest reach. Seattle always takes someone people aren't expecting, and I was hearing chatter that Brooks could slip into 1. That said, I didn't see him going ahead of Queen.
Reply/Quote
I'm really really happy that the Seahawks took the Brooks bullet for us.

I want a LB that can cover, not stop the run.

Brooks may be able to develop his pass coverage skills but I'm not comfortable with a project with the depth at LB we have. We tried the "athletic freak with no coverage instincts" with Malik Jefferson and it blew up in our faces. Glad we didn't get the opportunity this time around.
Reply/Quote
Can anybody explain to me why TB traded up one spot? Did they have a 4th they didn't want and just wanted to give away?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Winners- Cardinals- They got the 2nd best player in the Draft at #8 that's a hell of a value.
Losers- Chargers- drafting Herbert is laughable guy is going to be a bust.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote