Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 players, who you got?
I feel like Mixon has been their guy from the start, just like Ross could see them pulling trigger regardless of BPA. Would love for them to pick up a second pick in this round.

No Particular order:

Cook, Mixon, McDowell, Cunningham, Obi, Robinson, Bowser, Lawson, Baker, McMillan, Moton, Willams/Anderson, Willis
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:21 AM)phil413 Wrote: 1. Lamp or Cam- For Lamp, even if his best fit is LG, what he an his slightly smaller frame is at LT may be good enough to start on this team. Let that sink in and maybe comfort us tmrw.  If Cam handles himself vs speed rushers at RT you let the young tackles duke it out at LT and embrace depth.

2. Mixon or Cook- Mixon is BPA but we've all seen the tape, not a highlight at all.  Marvin's comparison to Elliott was likely about him. Cook has a litany of issues, wo either troubled runner is in play due to need and how this team justifies overlooking character.

3. McDowell or Willis.  Malik screams Cincy pick with that freakish frame and athleticism. He can play outside and kick inside but has footwork issues.  Willis would be a change of pace pass rusher to sub in Cincys system though he may more sense as a hybrid on another team.

I'll throw in Budda Baker I really like the kid bit don't like the fit on a team that doesn't play a true CF.  My pick is Lamp and then Cam but I could see them taking McDowell and trusting their young OL.

1.  I don;t see taking a tackle in 2nd round.. we have two young tackles are they are going really find out if they are starting material... a full preason and a full year at their correct positions will really gauge where they are...  so i feel they will go DE , possible RB/LB in 2nd round 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon or Lamp would be my guess for our second pick
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:20 AM)Codyc99 Wrote: Mixon or Lamp would be my guess for our second pick

[Image: ce95bef30f0fe1b77135991cac5dfb3c402688c5...1ca9c2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
ANYONE ELSE at all concerend for our pass rush.  Gimme Malik Mcdowell.  Play inside and outside more athletic calias campbell.  we have nothing oppe dunlap
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:35 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: ANYONE ELSE at all concerend for our pass rush.  Gimme Malik Mcdowell.  Play inside and outside more athletic calias campbell.  we have nothing oppe dunlap

Well Billings on the inside could very well help the opposite side pass rush no matter who is there. There is no denying Geno Atkins being next to Dunlap his whole career for the most part has helped him. I think we address DE in round 2 or 3. I have seen DeMarcus Walker falling to the 3rd and would be ecstatic to get him there.
Reply/Quote
I really want Mixon.

Green
Eifert
Boyd
Ross
Bernard
Mixon

Deadly offense right there.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
1. Mixon

2. Cook (Mixon far and away my 1st choice if he is there)'
3. Jordon Willis
4. Cam Robinson

I hope 1 of these 4 guys is available or we trade up to get one of them
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I know the bengals have been looking for a 1st round pick plus for ajm. But if there is a player with a first round grade on them and the bengals can get that player and say a second next year isn't that basically the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: Well Billings on the inside could very well help the opposite side pass rush no matter who is there. There is no denying Geno Atkins being next to Dunlap his whole career for the most part has helped him. I think we address DE in round 2 or 3. I have seen DeMarcus Walker falling to the 3rd and would be ecstatic to get him there.

Agree about Billings, but couple that with michael johnson now in more of a rotational role as opposed to starter helps his game out more as well.  Billings fell to us due to concerns of being an 3 down player so why not negate the concern and grab Mcdowell who can play inside and outisde and get to the qb from either spot.  to me its a no brainer.  LOVE DEMARCUS WALKER!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:44 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I really want Mixon.

Green
Eifert
Boyd
Ross
Bernard
Mixon

Deadly offense right there.

All the skill in the world and a shatty line to block for them... This was the worst draft class possible at OL following losing Z and Whit

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:02 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: All the skill in the world and a shatty line to block for them... This was the worst draft class possible at OL following losing Z and Whit

The ripple effect of the struggles at RT were very pronounced. Fixing RT should be a net gain across the line as a whole.
Reply/Quote
I think we go RB, and i'm ok with that, any of either Mixon,Cook, or Kamara
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:00 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I know the bengals have been looking for a 1st round pick plus for ajm.  But if there is a player with a first round grade on them and the bengals can get that player and say a second next year isn't that basically the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ship may have sailed on trading AJM in 2017. But, still possible a team could package a 2nd in 2017 and a 4th or 5th in 2018 to get him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Demarcus walker, Malik McDowell, Tarbell basham, pat elflien, joe mixon, etc. this is why we should have traded mccarron for a second round pick. It's so deep this year
Reply/Quote
My wish list in round 2:

1. McDowell
2. Willis
3. Basham
4. Lamp
5. Elflein
Reply/Quote
I have seen quite a few people say we won't take a OT in this spot because we have 2 young ones etc but where was that logic when we have Green, re-signed Lafell, and drafted 2 young ones Boyd and Core to go and reach for a WR with the #9 selection when the team has other needs. heh We may not take one but how comfortable can they really feel about the LT spot when they tried to re-sign Whitworth and C.O. graded out at less than 40 for the season. I don't care for the argument about him playing RT or whatever. If they had moved Whitworth to RT last season, he would not have magically turned into a turnstile.
Reply/Quote
Dalvin Cook, even though i think he will go to the Packers at 33.
Mixon
Jordan Willis
McDowell
Walker
Lamp
Cam Robinson
Basham
Elflein
Pocic
Kamara

Would be happy with any of these guys.
Reply/Quote
I please ask everyone not to freak out in the 2nd if a guy you like is there and we pass. There is still a ton of talent on the board and some of it will fall to the 3rd. Remember last year with Billings? People lost their mind each round we passed, then we still got him.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: I please ask everyone not to freak out in the 2nd if a guy you like is there and we pass. There is still a ton of talent on the board and some of it will fall to the 3rd. Remember last year with Billings? People lost their mind each round we passed, then we still got him.

Yeah, i was probably the worst.
Reply/Quote