Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 3 Audric Estime
Based on scouting he fits what we need at RB like a glove:

Audric Estimé Scouting Report

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/audric-estime-draft-scouting-2024/

Strengths

Bowling ball of a back at 227 pounds, with overwhelming mass, density, and leg churn.
Can use his frame and smooth weight redistributions to shrug off direct contact.
Forward-charging broken-tackle machine with high-level balance and aggression.
Uses his dense midsection to absorb direct hits and stay on his feet.
Incredibly instinctive at recollecting his feet amidst contact and re-accelerating.
Shows off eye-catching explosiveness and accelerative capacity upon entering space.
Possesses enough flexibility to bend upfield and sustain acceleration moving vertically.
Flashes good one-cut agility behind the line of scrimmage for his size.
Has the strength to pry through solo tackles and drive his legs vertically.
Shows good patience and discipline between the tackles, following blockers closely.
Possesses the baseline interior vision to snake through lanes with lateral adjustments.
Has the instincts to plant outside, then redirect inside to tug defenders off-course.
Can roll his shoulders to evade early contact threats and slide to outside gaps to adapt.
Flashes excellent body control and focus as a receiver catching away from his frame.
Physical pass blocker who lowers his shoulder into contact.

His weaknesses are mostly easily covered by not having him dance in the backfield.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like him a lot he's just not very good at pass blocking at all.
Reply/Quote
Interesting. I had heard his pass blocking wasn’t bad just kinda violent.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 07:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Based on scouting he fits what we need at RB like a glove:

Audric Estimé Scouting Report

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/audric-estime-draft-scouting-2024/

Strengths

Bowling ball of a back at 227 pounds, with overwhelming mass, density, and leg churn.
Can use his frame and smooth weight redistributions to shrug off direct contact.
Forward-charging broken-tackle machine with high-level balance and aggression.
Uses his dense midsection to absorb direct hits and stay on his feet.
Incredibly instinctive at recollecting his feet amidst contact and re-accelerating.
Shows off eye-catching explosiveness and accelerative capacity upon entering space.
Possesses enough flexibility to bend upfield and sustain acceleration moving vertically.
Flashes good one-cut agility behind the line of scrimmage for his size.
Has the strength to pry through solo tackles and drive his legs vertically.
Shows good patience and discipline between the tackles, following blockers closely.
Possesses the baseline interior vision to snake through lanes with lateral adjustments.
Has the instincts to plant outside, then redirect inside to tug defenders off-course.
Can roll his shoulders to evade early contact threats and slide to outside gaps to adapt.
Flashes excellent body control and focus as a receiver catching away from his frame.
Physical pass blocker who lowers his shoulder into contact.

His weaknesses are mostly easily covered by not having him dance in the backfield.

I really like Estime, hope Pulses is exaggerating a touch on his pass protection, but if he is a physical pass blocker like it says in your post it
sounds like Estime would be a perfect fit here. I heard Braelon Allen isn't a good pass protector either but he is still my favorite RB prospect
for us in this Draft. It is something you can learn after all. As long as you are a willing pass protector I can live with it.

The problem I have had for years with Mixon is his lack of effort at times in pass protection. He wasn't as bad with his willingness this last 
season but he still wasn't a good pass protector. 

I love that Estime has explosiveness and he is very physical when running the ball driving his legs forward and he can break tackles.

How is Estime at catching the ball out of the backfield is my question? I don't remember this aspect of his game when I watched him play
at Notre Dame?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like Estime, hope Pulses is exaggerating a touch on his pass protection, but if he is a physical pass blocker like it says in your post it
sounds like Estime would be a perfect fit here. I heard Braelon Allen isn't a good pass protector either but he is still my favorite RB prospect
for us in this Draft. It is something you can learn after all. As long as you are a willing pass protector I can live with it.

The problem I have had for years with Mixon is his lack of effort at times in pass protection. He wasn't as bad with his willingness this last 
season but he still wasn't a good pass protector. 

I love that Estime has explosiveness and he is very physical when running the ball driving his legs forward and he can break tackles.

How is Estime at catching the ball out of the backfield is my question? I don't remember this aspect of his game when I watched him play
at Notre Dame?
Has a tendency to fumble more than usual and his pass catching and route running needs development. not very good in pass pro.

Scouting Report: Summary

Audric Estime, from Notre Dame, is a prototypical power back, ideal for a ground-and-pound offensive scheme. His tape shows a back with the physicality to break tackles and consistently make positive yardage, even in goal-line situations. Estime's north-south running style and ability to churn out tough yards between the tackles make him a reliable option on early downs and in clock-management scenarios. However, his limited burst and top-end speed restrict his ability to stretch plays outside or break off long runs, especially against more athletic NFL defenses.

His vision and patience in finding and attacking lanes are noteworthy, but there's a tendency for him to over-rely on these traits, leading to some hesitation and missed opportunities. Estime's lateral agility, while sufficient, doesn't currently extend to making him a dual threat in the backfield. His pass-catching and route-running are areas for development in the hope he can transition into a more versatile three-down back

Estime is best suited for a rotational role in a committee backfield, bringing a physical, downhill rushing style. His frame and skill set show potential in pass protection but is an area needing refinement if he's used on third-down. Ball security has been a concern and needs tightening up to avoid turnovers at the next level. Overall, Estime is a downhill bruiser with a straightforward approach, offering immediate value as a traditional back that's able to grind out those tough yards.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:46 PM)pulses Wrote: Has a tendency to fumble more than usual and his pass catching and route running needs development. not very good in pass pro.

Scouting Report: Summary

Audric Estime, from Notre Dame, is a prototypical power back, ideal for a ground-and-pound offensive scheme. His tape shows a back with the physicality to break tackles and consistently make positive yardage, even in goal-line situations. Estime's north-south running style and ability to churn out tough yards between the tackles make him a reliable option on early downs and in clock-management scenarios. However, his limited burst and top-end speed restrict his ability to stretch plays outside or break off long runs, especially against more athletic NFL defenses.

His vision and patience in finding and attacking lanes are noteworthy, but there's a tendency for him to over-rely on these traits, leading to some hesitation and missed opportunities. Estime's lateral agility, while sufficient, doesn't currently extend to making him a dual threat in the backfield. His pass-catching and route-running are areas for development in the hope he can transition into a more versatile three-down back

Estime is best suited for a rotational role in a committee backfield, bringing a physical, downhill rushing style. His frame and skill set show potential in pass protection but is an area needing refinement if he's used on third-down. Ball security has been a concern and needs tightening up to avoid turnovers at the next level. Overall, Estime is a downhill bruiser with a straightforward approach, offering immediate value as a traditional back that's able to grind out those tough yards.

Thanks Pulses. Still like the guy a lot, but sounds like he needs to work on pass pro, routes, catching the ball out of the backfield and 
most importantly ball security. We do need a physical power Back especially if Mixon is cut like we think and Estime fits the bill here.
Reply/Quote
And Goodberry in his mock today (Bengals on the brain) took Estime in the third precisely because he is a big power back who breaks tackles and does not go down easy.
Reply/Quote