Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round of Applause for Tee Higgins
Not a lot of guys had great games today. This dude did. If Burrow hits him on that deep ball he's having a elitle level game. He's been getting better and better.

I'm sure I'll be around the other threads, rightfully trashing Zak Taylor, the OL, the D, etc. But I just wanted to point out a bright spot that I think deserves attention, that I hope doesn't get lost in the negativity.
Reply/Quote
HUBER!
Reply/Quote
Yup he had a great game.... wind definitely screwed over this offense today. The "Pro Steelers" announcers alluded to it a lot today but the Bengals are a pass 1st offense in a division that runs the ball a ton.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
..but yes, Higgins has shown flashes. Hopeful him and Boyd can be a super tandem.
Reply/Quote
Aside from the unforced fumble he looked good. He has to work on ball security.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought Tee showed some mental toughness after that strip fumble. He's been.the Bengals best offensive player all.season
Hes getting better game to.game.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:14 PM)Destro Wrote: HUBER!

I think Adenji at Left Tackle and Spain at Right Tackle both had good games.
Redmond did not have a good game.
Reply/Quote
Higgins is quickly becoming a good one.
Reply/Quote
Solid 2nd round pick for sure has really improved since start of year.
Reply/Quote
Real good game by Higgins. Just needs to remember to protect the ball.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can’t even imagine how bad we’d be had we not taken Tee, and just counted on AJ being back...

He’s arguably our #1 already. Certainly our best big play guy.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup he had a great game.... wind definitely screwed over this offense today. The "Pro Steelers" announcers alluded to it a lot today but the Bengals are a pass 1st offense in a division that runs the ball a ton.

Yet Ben throws for 333 and 4TD. Wind only factors so much....err not at all. Both teams played in the same wind.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup he had a great game.... wind definitely screwed over this offense today. The "Pro Steelers" announcers alluded to it a lot today but the Bengals are a pass 1st offense in a division that runs the ball a ton.

The Steelers are a pass first team. Or at least 50/50
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:42 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Yet Ben throws for 333 and 4TD. Wind only factors so much....err not at all. Both teams played in the same wind.

Ben also had plenty of short yard scenarios due to our crappy special teams + fumbles this game. (Not to mention a better team)

I know you watched the game how often was the Bengals pinned below the 15 yard line? 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:42 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Yet Ben throws for 333 and 4TD. Wind only factors so much....err not at all. Both teams played in the same wind.

There is a ridiculous gap in the talent Ben has surrounding him vs the talent Burrow has surrounding him.  
Reply/Quote
Higgins certainly continues to develop and impress each week. The fumble was annoying, but hopefully something he learns from as he goes forward, it wasn't an issue in college for him nor was it an issue prior to this game.

It's very frustrating to see the talent in some spots that is good enough to start on any team being held back by the absolute void of talent at other positions (I'm looking at you offense and defensive lines.)

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:16 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I think Adenji at Left Tackle and Spain at Right Tackle both had good games.
Redmond did not have a good game.

Redmond is a bum and has proven so in several starting opportunities.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I think the fumble was just an outstanding play by the defender. They showed the play in slow motion, Tee had that ball wrapped with both forearms the way they teach every player to secure a ball when they're going down. The defender just got that perfect torque on it to ricochet it out of there. I have been incredibly pleased with the selection of Tee Higgins at 33. I wanted him since the beginning of the off season but even I did not think he'd be on pace for a 1000 yard rookie season. Not with who was ahead of him. Green and Ross being complete nothings has really helped in that regard, but Tee has been impressive even without the context of who should have been ahead of him on the depth chart. I thought he was a selection for the future once Green and Ross left in 2021, but it turns out he was a selection for the now, with both of them behaving as if they are already off the team.
Reply/Quote
And this kid is only 21. Let that sink in.

Reply/Quote
I wish Higgins had another gear. He gets wide open but isn’t necessarily fast enough to finish it for a TD. Nitpicking on what has been a great rookie season but man if he had burners too he’d be a top 5 wr.
Reply/Quote