Poll: Would YOU Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick in 2024 ?
Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick for 2024 and beyond
Retain Zac as Head Coach for the 2024 Season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubber meets the Road - POLL (Bill Belichick or Zac)
Bad idea. Zac's clothes would not fit Bill, and you know Mike isn't going to spring for a whole new wardrobe.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 05:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: As HC maybe but would he get interest as an OC or will everyone credit Burrow. Winning without Burrow would do wonders for his OC chops (if his OC rep without Burrow isn't already too far damaged).

It'd do wonders for his HC chops, too.  I'll accept that 2019 and 2020 and now in 2023 we have pointless years because Burrow wasn't in the NFL yet, Burrow got his knee caved in, and Burrow's wrist snapped.  But there may come a point in 2024 or the rest of ZT and Burrow's 10+ years here joined at the hip where Burrow is injured on the short-term and ZT and the FO need to have a backup and plan in place to keep the team afloat until Burrow comes back...not shrug and say "Don't worry, things will be back to normal in 275 days!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see fans say Zac's success is reliant on Joe Burrow. I would say if you look at Belichick's early years in coaching, Zac had more success. Belichick's success started when he got Brady, then when he loses Brady, he suffers again.

To answer the question, no I do not think we need BB over ZT, but I would consider him as a DC over Lou. He has always been a great defensive mind.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor and Bill Belichick are basically the same coach at two different ages. Both men rely on a superstar quarterback to cover up their faults.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 06:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bad idea. Zac's clothes would not fit Bill, and you know Mike isn't going to spring for a whole new wardrobe.

Bill would just cut the sleeves off a Bengals hoodie and call it good.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
lulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
His name is Bill Belicheat for a reason, him & the entire organization cheated & knew opposing teams playcalls for his entire career before he got caught. Brady benefitted from it, it's the reason he is a HOF guy. WTS no way I want a cheater. Zac can stay head coach for as long as he wants just as long as he stops calling plays & fires Pollack.
Reply/Quote
Oh hell no.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Absolutely not. While I might entertain the idea of MB telling Zac he needs to let the OC call the plays, I do not think there is a better head coach in the league when it comes to being a Head Coach.

This ^^^^^

except would not just entertain idea but would welcome MB bringing in a OC that calls plays and lets Zac just concentrate at what he is best at, which is being the HC.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:36 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Zac can stay head coach for as long as he wants just as long as he stops calling plays & fires Pollack.

Let's face facts, ZT can do neither of these things and still be the HC for as long as he wants. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 10:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor and Bill Belichick are basically the same coach at two different ages. Both men rely on a superstar quarterback to cover up their faults.

One of them thinks he's an awesome GM. The other thinks he's some sort of offensive guru.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This ^^^^^

except would not just entertain idea but would welcome MB bringing in a OC that calls plays and lets Zac just concentrate at what he is best at, which is being the HC.

Has ZT been calling the plays the entire time he's been the HC here?  If so, we made it to the SB and the AFC championship game with ZT calling the plays, so if we are talking about not rocking the boat, why do we want to change things?

What if ZT gives up playcalling duties and Burrow regresses? 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 10:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor and Bill Belichick are basically the same coach at two different ages.  Both men rely on a superstar quarterback to cover up their faults.

That's one of the most disrespectful horrible takes I have seen.

Belichick is a defensive coach, check out the defensive scoring rankings of those Patriots teams when Brady won the SBs. 6th, 1st, 2nd, 8th, 1st, 7th, which were higher ranked than the offense in 4 of the years. His team still went 7-9 with a super washed Cam Newton and went to the playoffs with a rookie Mac Jones. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. He won a playoff game with Vinny Testaverde and the Browns because they had the 1st scoring defense.

Zac Taylor is an offensive guy who has never had a successful offense without Joe Burrow (and even 2 unsuccessful ones WITH him) who has a 4-28-1 record without Burrow. They are not he same coach. It's not even close.

That said, if they hired Belichick, they'd still need to hire a good OC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 01:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's one of the most disrespectful horrible takes I have seen.

Belichick is a defensive coach, check out the defensive scoring rankings of those Patriots teams when Brady won the SBs. 6th, 1st, 2nd, 8th, 1st, 7th, which were higher ranked than the offense in 4 of the years. His team still went 7-9 with a super washed Cam Newton and went to the playoffs with a rookie Mac Jones. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. He won a playoff game with Vinny Testaverde and the Browns because they had the 1st scoring defense.

Zac Taylor is an offensive guy who has never had a successful offense without Joe Burrow (and even 2 unsuccessful ones WITH him) who has a 4-28-1 record without Burrow. They are not he same coach. It's not even close.

That said, if they hired Belichick, they'd still need to hire a good OC.

This thread has been devoid of reality, and disrespectful to an all time great coach. Even in his worst season Bill is within shouting distance of Zac Taylor with the "Super Bowl contending" roster.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 10:22 AM)jason Wrote: This thread has been devoid of reality, and disrespectful to an all time great coach. Even in his worst season Bill is within shouting distance of Zac Taylor with the "Super Bowl contending" roster.

I get the "devoid of reality" part since very, very unlikely Zac gets Fired and Bill comes to Cincy.

I can also get the "disrespectful to an all time great coach" part to some degree but should the Thread be blamed for the responses ?

Fire Zac and bring in Bill Belichick for 2024 and beyond  - has 8 votes or 25.81%

Retain Zac as Head Coach for the 2024 Season  -  has 23 votes or 74.19%

*Most would pass on a Hall of Fame caliber Head Coach in favor of Zac for various reasons. 

**At a minimum it makes for an interesting discussion and perhaps a puzzling Vote outcome.
Reply/Quote
If i knew we could get him for 4 years, i would in a heartbeat.
Bill + Lou would be a killer combo for an annual top 10 Def . Then ofc Bill will actually find us an OC.
And turn the team over to Lou when he retires if Lou's stil here.

But that's a pipe dream. Bill likely would just retire, his age is the only thing that would make me not want to rock the boat we have currently.
Reply/Quote
Let me get this straight...

We want to fire a guy that's been to the afc championship the past two years and bring in the guy who's had back to back dumpster fires of a season and is the head coach of the team with the worst record in the AFC and who has been an absolute nobody since his star QB left?

Got it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 12:22 PM)depthchart Wrote: I get the "devoid of reality" part since very, very unlikely Zac gets Fired and Bill comes to Cincy.

I can also get the "disrespectful to an all time great coach" part to some degree but should the Thread be blamed for the responses ?

Actually yes, yes it should.  What you are posting isn't Bengals news, or even sports rumor, but just some whacky hypothetical situation that is likely never to occur. In my opinion it has about as much weight as those endless "proposed trade" articles that low brow sportswriters use to encourage clicks when news is slow, in other words 'clickbait'.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 01:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually yes, yes it should.  What you are posting isn't Bengals news, or even sports rumor, but just some whacky hypothetical situation that is likely never to occur. In my opinion it has about as much weight as those endless "proposed trade" articles that low brow sportswriters use to encourage clicks when news is slow, in other words 'clickbait'.

You should actually blame me instead of the Thread since it didn't create itself, so I blame myself for creating such a Monstrous thing.

After DEEP self reflection and sorrow I regret daring to think that this was a Discussion Board and that various Threads could be created

to discuss News, rumors, hypothetical situations etc.

If people are interested in a Thread's topic they discuss it and the Thread lives for a while until interest in it finally dies out.

If people are not interested in a Thread's topic it will quickly drop to the bottom of the Page of Threads it is on and die out.

*No one person decides if or how long a Thread lives. Poster interest decides and anyone not interested can get into TONS of other Threads.  

Posters may enjoy discussing a SPECTRUM of topics and having you create a LIMITED BOX of appropriate Topics for them to discuss could

prove Boring at times.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 01:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Let me get this straight...

We want to fire a guy that's been to the afc championship the past two years and bring in the guy who's had back to back dumpster fires of a season and is the head coach of the team with the worst record in the AFC and who has been an absolute nobody since his star QB left?

Got it.

I voted yes.  BB won 6 SBs with Brady, so I bet he could win at least 3 with Burrow.  Is Burrow less than half the QB Brady was?  Also, our defense just helped the Steelers break their 3+ year streak of totally sucking on offense, so I can see why folks might think a defensive minded HC could help that side of the ball.

But it's a total moot point, because BB has coached for many a year without Brady and ZT will probably never coach without Burrow.  We will never know the what ifs of this one, so even by internet bs-ing this is empty and pointless.
Reply/Quote