Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rubio: Life begins at conception
(08-10-2015, 10:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, you do realize that I said that, right?

Blood tests that you can use after 1 week are great if you're NOT one of the 54% who used birth control... meaning that if you're one of the 46% who didn't, you'd have reason to believe you might be pregnant.

If you're part of the majority who use birth control, you'd have no reason to believe you were pregnant until past your proposed restriction. 

They said that 14% of women knew that the condom slipped off or ripped, and over 10% of women were inconsistent with taking the pill. They still added them to the "was using birth control" stat. Meaning they should know that they still could get pregnant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-10-2015, 10:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They said that 14% of women knew that the condom slipped off or ripped, and over 10% of the pill users were inconsistent with taking the pill. They still added them to the "was using birth control" stat Meaning they should know that they still could get pregnant.

So 14% of the 56% may have reason to believe they could be pregnant afterwards and another 10% if they realized that inconsistent pill use could cause pregnancy. 

Even if we expect that 24% to take a blood test after 1 week, over 1/3rd  used consistent birth control methods. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-10-2015, 10:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So 14% of the 56% may have reason to believe they could be pregnant afterwards and another 10% if they realized that inconsistent pill use could cause pregnancy. 

Even if we expect that 24% to take a blood test after 1 week, over 1/3rd  used consistent birth control methods. 

According to the study 3205 women (30%) of the 10k women, who were getting abortions, who responded to the survey at specific hospitals, were apparently using birth control in 2000-2001. So maybe that's why birth control is only 99% effective.
(08-10-2015, 11:58 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: According to the study 3205 women (30%) of the 10k women, who were getting abortions, who responded to the survey at specific hospitals, were apparently using birth control in 2000-2001. So maybe that's why birth control is only 99% effective.

So what's that, 360,000 women?

(08-11-2015, 01:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So what's that, 360,000 women?

what? no the survey only had 10k women. There were 144 million women in the USA in 2001, and even if all of them weren't having sex the ones who were having sex was doing it multiple times a year. So that would still make birth control ~99% effective.
(08-10-2015, 10:06 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't really care if you take me seriously. 

You're free to refute my point.  Do you seriously think that the vast majority of abortions are not performed because of the inconvenience?

Inconvenience can tie into many different scenarios, you know?  Woman is too young, woman still in HS, woman doesn't have the money, woman doesn't have a husband/BF, woman doesn't have a job, woman is more focused on her career, etc...

Yeah that's what he does. Just Wait until there is a transexual thread. That's his real soapbox issue and if you don't think its the greatest thing in the world your some kind of -ist
(08-10-2015, 10:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was wrong about the heart starting to beat at 8 weeks. Its actually a little less than 3 weeks that the heart starts to beat. In that point in time it's alive. It meets all of the requirements to be considered alive (brain activity, heartbeat). At that point you are murdering something. That something is a human life. If it's not a human life then what is it, and what magically happens to turn it into a human?

I was under the impression it was 6 weeks. To me if there is going to be abortion. Its gotta happen before it starts beating
(08-10-2015, 10:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So a woman has 2 weeks from when a pee test is capable of determining that she is pregnant to get an abortion?

And that's IF they take the test as soon as they can. Half of pregnant women aren't even getting symptoms by 5 weeks (conception plus your 3 weeks). Oh man, that would be awful to find out your birth control failed and you aren't able to get an abortion.

If your that worried pop a Morning after pill.
(08-11-2015, 01:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was under the impression it was 6 weeks.   To me if there is going to be abortion.   Its gotta happen before it starts beating

there is a lot of conflicting data that I have seen. Some say as early as 18 days and some say 6 weeks.
(08-11-2015, 01:58 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: there is a lot of conflicting data that I have seen. Some say as early as 18 days and some say 6 weeks.

Interesting.
(08-10-2015, 10:38 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'll go hang out next to the local planned parenthood for a month or so, and ask all of the women going in why they're choosing to kill their baby.

I'll report back with my findings.  

They've already done that. Bfine has the link somewhere, brought it out when we were discussing the history of eugenics and PP. 3/4 of women cited unable to afford and/or interference with work, school, or other responsibilities.

It's all economics. Like I've said before, not just making education and birth control more available, but better social services for pregnant women/families. Paid maternity leave, availability of day care, etc. These are things the rest of the developed world has but we fall behind in. These are things that would make abortion numbers drop because those economic situations could help be alleviated.

(08-11-2015, 01:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If your that worried pop a Morning after pill.

But if they believe they have no reason to be concerned then they won't use that pill. Most women don't even know they are pregnant until it is too late for that pill. Mostly because if they are pregnant it is too late for that pill. Once the fertilized egg implants in the uterine lining it is too late, and if a woman had no reason to be worried because she was on the pill, or there was a condom (that even a tiny hole can make irrelevant) then she won't know to get one until the time has passed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-10-2015, 10:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They said that 14% of women knew that the condom slipped off or ripped, and over 10% of women were inconsistent with taking the pill. They still added them to the "was using birth control" stat. Meaning they should know that they still could get pregnant.

They should, but a lot of them don't. Poor sex education in our schools is what we have to thank for that. I seriously know women that will tell me if a condom rips it is fine because as long as it was used some of the time, the spermicide is still in their doing its thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-11-2015, 01:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: what? no the survey only had 10k women. There were 144 million women in the USA in 2001, and even if all of them weren't having sex the ones who were having sex was doing it multiple times a year. So that would still make birth control ~99% effective.

Yea, so in a well done study, you assume the frequency in the sample is close to the frequency in the population.

So about 360,000. Whether that's 1% is irrelevant as its 360,000 women. 360,000 that you're saying to "it doesn't matter that you were responsible and the birth control failed, but my personal views have decided that you cannot abort the rice size embryo inside of you. Just put it up for adoption..."

(08-11-2015, 01:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If your that worried pop a Morning after pill.

Brilliant!

Women of the world: lucie says to take a morning after pill after each time you have sex in case the condom or pill fails.

(08-11-2015, 07:50 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: They should, but a lot of them don't. Poor sex education in our schools is what we have to thank for that. I seriously know women that will tell me if a condom rips it is fine because as long as it was used some of the time, the spermicide is still in their doing its thing.

Unfortunately the same people pushing for abstinence only education are the same who want to ban abortions.

We want kids to not know how birth control works and not able to end s pregnancy when it fails. And then we don't want to help them out when they can't afford the kid. Family values.

(08-11-2015, 09:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, so in a well done study, you assume the frequency in the sample is close to the frequency in the population.

So about 360,000. Whether that's 1% is irrelevant as its 360,000 women. 360,000 that you're saying to "it doesn't matter that you were responsible and the birth control failed, but my personal views have decided that you cannot abort the rice size embryo inside of you.  Just put it up for adoption..."

No, being responsible would be to make sure you did not become pregnant. If it has a 99% success rate then you know that it could fail. Meaning you should take measures to not bring in a life to this world if you don't want one. Once there is another life in the equation you cannot disregard it just because of inconvenience. The right to live in greater than the convenience of anyone else. The only way it's not just a inconvenience is when the woman's personal health is at risk. Then and only then is it acceptable.
(08-11-2015, 10:49 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, being responsible would be to make sure you did not become pregnant. If it has a 99% success rate then you know that it could fail. Meaning you should take measures to not bring in a life to this world if you don't want one. Once there is another life in the equation you cannot disregard it just because of inconvenience. The right to live in greater than the convenience of anyone else. The only way it's not just a inconvenience is when the woman's personal health is at risk. Then and only then is it acceptable.

So you're promoting abstinence? 

lol

(08-11-2015, 11:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're promoting abstinence? 

lol

No, I'm promoting personal responsibility.
(08-11-2015, 11:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, I'm promoting personal responsibility.

via... abstinence?

Also, getting an abortion if you  cannot care for a child in your life is a pretty responsible thing to do. 

(08-11-2015, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: via... abstinence?

Also, getting an abortion if you  cannot care for a child in your life is a pretty responsible thing to do. 

No it's not. Giving it up for adoption is. Getting a abortion after it's alive is murder. Unless you want to say murder is being responsible.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth saying I'm for abstinence. I have never said that, and I have never advocated that. I guess you just cant fathom being responsible while having an active sex life.