Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudolph's game....all you need to know to eliminate any remaining hope
Rudolph: 24/28 229 yards and 2 TDs

He threw one pass more than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

That's enough for me. Zero defense. Zero offense to go with it.

Oh, and then Huber punts it 29 yards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's good to know that even with a different coaching staff, this team makes rookie QBs look like world beaters.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The worst part is Pittsburgh kept running the same handful of plays and we still couldn’t stop them. Truly pathetic.

The one thing I absolutely do not understand is how our DL is not better than this? Geno has 1 sack on the season. Dunlap has 1 sack on the season. When Billings is outplaying your star players something is wrong.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The worst part is Pittsburgh kept running the same handful of plays and we still couldn’t stop them. Truly pathetic.

The one thing I absolutely do not understand is how our DL is not better than this? Geno has 1 sack on the season. Dunlap has 1 sack on the season. When Billings is outplaying your star players something is wrong.

Outside 

They ran a ton of little stuff outside and it goes for 6, 8, 12 yards nearly every time. We have no sideline to sideline speed at all. 49ers exposed us
Reply/Quote
Amazing that a backup Tackle from Division II Bloomsburg (PA) can shut out our "stud" Defensive Ends.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:42 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Amazing that a backup Tackle from Division II Bloomsburg (PA) can shut out our "stud" Defensive Ends.

"stud" defensive line. give the money back atkins and carlos.
Reply/Quote
How is it not obvious to all of you that Dunlap and Geno have quit?

All you need to see is that play from Dunlap last week, in the 3rd quarter, when Allen scrambled out to his right and Dunlap loafed over to the general area like he'd rather be anywhere else than there.

These guys need to be traded.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I knew going in that last night would be his breakout game. Pretty confident Sunday will be Murrays breakout game.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:30 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's good to know that even with a different coaching staff, this team makes rookie QBs look like world beaters.

Looking like crap in prime-time, losing to the Steelers, making new QBs look great....all things we hoped left with Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
I like Lou but I have no idea what that strategy was last night.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Steelers did what I have been saying we should do for a while now.

They moved the pocket and then got their RBs the ball as much as they could in a variety of ways. Wildcat, flip passes (that count as passes, but operate more like runs) moving the pocket and throwing to the RBs on a screen after moving the pocket.

We keep doing the same things over and over. Our screen passes are televised and are the same ones.

As much as I am not impressed with Mixon, but if he is the supposed to be this great player, then you need to get him involved more and more. Instead of hand offs and the screen plays, how about moving the pocket, and then throwing the screen? The Steelers did it, but it hasn't even occurred to our coaches to do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:39 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Outside 

They ran a ton of little stuff outside and it goes for 6, 8, 12 yards nearly every time. We have no sideline to sideline speed at all. 49ers exposed us

Yup. We may need to start looking at some big nickel sets (2 CB's, 3 S's) to pair with the 5 man DL to get more outside speed on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:42 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Amazing that a backup Tackle from Division II Bloomsburg (PA) can shut out our "stud" Defensive Ends.

Matt Feiler is the 4th rated T in the NFL this year with an 80+ grade. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think the hope switched to 0-16
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:58 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I think the hope switched to 0-16

Not necessarily. Oh how the world has changed with people giving up so easily in the eyes of defeat. Back in my day, oh never mind, it is what it is.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Rudolph: 24/28 229 yards and 2 TDs

That's enough for me. Zero defense. Zero offense to go with it.

That’s right! We didn’t let him beat us deep! ? #Winning!

It truly is sickening just thinking about it. Maybe we can bring Dahani Jones and Rey Oh hell either Ray back.
Reply/Quote
There were times when we only had two guys rushing on Monday, our Dline is missing three key players in Wynn( Although Brown is better), Glasgow, and of course Lawson, and the Steelers game plan was to get the ball out of Ruldolph hands and throw it short( average target was about 3 yards).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Rudolph:  24/28 229 yards and 2 TDs

That's enough for me.  Zero defense.  Zero offense to go with it.  

The 1 pass more than 5 yards was crazy part. People said the defense played well against Pittsburgh, but that fact kind of seals the fact that they didn't. They played a really limited offense and lost.

And the Steelers started a Tackle from a D2 school that was filling in for an injured starter in Gilbert. And they somehow make it work with him as he started games last year and this year.
Reply/Quote