Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cops pay for meal for a couple who don't want to sit next to them in diner
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pa-police-officer-buys-meal-man-refused-sit-officers-article-1.2708972

Four cops were enjoying dinner at a diner outside Pittsburgh when two diners were about to be seated next to them. The man refused to sit near cops. One of the cops told him it was ok, they're there to help the community, but the man still refused.

So the cop decided to pay the man's $28 bill and tip $10. He left a knowing letting the man know he took care of it for him.

Trust goes both ways. I've been fortunate to have had mostly positive encounters with cops, but if you want them to treat you better, you have to be willing to do the same thing.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2016, 09:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pa-police-officer-buys-meal-man-refused-sit-officers-article-1.2708972

Four cops were enjoying dinner at a diner outside Pittsburgh when two diners were about to be seated next to them. The man refused to sit near cops. One of the cops told him it was ok, they're there to help the community, but the man still refused.

So the cop decided to pay the man's $28 bill and tip $10. He left a knowing letting the man know he took care of it for him.

Trust goes both ways. I've been fortunate to have had mostly positive encounters with cops, but if you want them to treat you better, you have to be willing to do the same thing.

This has been making the rounds around here, obviously.

And it kind of ties into the article I shared about the UK police and how they are trained and how they handle situations.  There's a LOT to be said about being nice to each other on both sides.

(Note to SSF: No, that will not end ALL violence.  Nor will EVERYONE do it.  I am NOT speaking in absolutes but just making an observation that being is nice is better than being angry and each other for preconceived reasons.  And YES that can go without saying but sometimes it needs to be said to reinforce it while having a conversation on line where intent and meaning can get misconstrued.)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-13-2016, 09:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pa-police-officer-buys-meal-man-refused-sit-officers-article-1.2708972

Man...There's so much ignorance in this world. Hopefully, the man felt embarrassed or ashamed afterwards but I doubt it.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Meanwhile in Houston.....cops eating at two separate restaurants had their meals paid for by grateful customers one writing on the receipt thanking them for their service.

In another "incident" a lady spent 300$ and two days making goodie bags of candy and treats for the entire Fort Bend County Police department.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2016, 09:28 AM)GMDino Wrote:  There's a LOT to be said about being nice to each other on both sides.

Yep. Not excusing the unjustified shootings by cops, but how many of them would be lessened if EVERYONE were respectful to cops when interacting with them (even if into a forced interaction through no fault of their own)? Add how many less there'd be if COPS were more polite/respectful and, in many cases, better trained and would we even HAVE unjustified shootings? (Probably, but still ...)
[Image: giphy.gif]