Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Business Owner: How Trump Ripped Me Off and Threatened Me With Lawyers
https://www.facebook.com/GavinNewsom/videos/10154413500788117/

One of the first attack ads I've watched this cycle. Small business owner discussing how he agreed to construct a clubhouse for a Trump golf course. When he sent the invoice to Trump, he was told he was only going to pay a third of that price. When he then went to meet with Trump, he said he only wanted to pay half of the new invoice. A Trump lawyer told the man he'd win in court, but they would make sure that it would take so long and cost so much that it wasn't worth it for the man to fight.

He ended up maxing out his credit lines, spending his savings, and making no money for years to recover from this set back.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-12-2016, 12:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/GavinNewsom/videos/10154413500788117/

One of the first attack ads I've watched this cycle. Small business owner discussing how he agreed to construct a clubhouse for a Trump golf course. When he sent the invoice to Trump, he was told he was only going to pay a third of that price. When he then went to meet with Trump, he said he only wanted to pay half of the new invoice. A Trump lawyer told the man he'd win in court, but they would make sure that it would take so long and cost so much that it wasn't worth it for the man to fight.

He ended up maxing out his credit lines, spending his savings, and making no money for years to recover from this set back.

Saw one last night from the NRA (yes they say they sponsored it in the ad) with a man who "fought in Benghazi" telling me that a vote fr Clinton is a vote in favor of the dead people in Benghazi I guess.

it was pretty awful.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Ah, the time of year that I am glad I don't watch much television or listen to much radio, and when I do it is mostly public broadcasting.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Given how ugly the republican primary race was, I expect this to be one of the worst campaigns ever when it comes to mudslinging. Debates will be rough to watch.
(07-12-2016, 10:13 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Given how ugly the republican primary race was, I expect this to be one of the worst campaigns ever when it comes to mudslinging. Debates will be rough to watch.

Perhaps I'm just being optimistic BUT if Gary Johnson gets enough exposure to be granted a place in the debates I can see Trump and Clinton actually having to stay on point and talk about politics and the issues rather than how smelly each of them are.  I'm truly wondering what Trump and Clinton would do in that situation.
(07-12-2016, 11:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps I'm just being optimistic BUT if Gary Johnson gets enough exposure to be granted a place in the debates I can see Trump and Clinton actually having to stay on point and talk about politics and the issues rather than how smelly each of them are.  I'm truly wondering what Trump and Clinton would do in that situation.

like every election I don't expect a 3rd party to gain enough support to be relevant.
(07-12-2016, 11:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps I'm just being optimistic BUT if Gary Johnson gets enough exposure to be granted a place in the debates I can see Trump and Clinton actually having to stay on point and talk about politics and the issues rather than how smelly each of them are.  I'm truly wondering what Trump and Clinton would do in that situation.

I just said the other day that if I was Clinton every time Trump went off on a tirade or name calling I'd take the first ten seconds of my response time to just stare at him with a look of pity/bewilderment then answer the question and not respond to Trump at all.

There are a few things that the GOP and Democrats agree on. One of those things is that getting a third party into the debate is bad for both of them. I don't see Gary getting his voice out unfortunately.

Clinton is a much more polished politician than Trump. Everything logical points to Trump's penchant for tirades/jokes/insults/nonsensical behavior working in Clinton's favor. But Cruz, Jeb, Rubio were all more polished politicians and they succumbed.
(07-12-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: I just said the other day that if I was Clinton every time Trump went off on a tirade or name calling I'd take the first ten seconds of my response time to just stare at him with a look of pity/bewilderment then answer the question and not respond to Trump at all.

It's not unlike internet trolls. If you don't respond to it, they scream and shout how they won. If you refute it your way, they repeat themselves louder. And if you try to roll around in the mud with them, they're probably better at it than you.

And with the debates, you know that no matter which path the politicians take, each party will have their respective spin doctors on it from the get go.
(07-12-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: I just said the other day that if I was Clinton every time Trump went off on a tirade or name calling I'd take the first ten seconds of my response time to just stare at him with a look of pity/bewilderment then answer the question and not respond to Trump at all.

A narcissist can never do that.  Since this is what they both are, neither of them will ever be able to show restraint.  It's in both of their personalities that when they are attacked, they will lunge back twice as hard.  That is pretty much the common trait of a politician.  They all think they're better than they actually are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-12-2016, 05:27 PM)McC Wrote: A narcissist can never do that.  Since this is what they both are, neither of them will ever be able to show restraint.  It's in both of their personalities that when they are attacked, they will lunge back twice as hard.  That is pretty much the common trait of a politician.  They all think they're better than they actually are.

Agreed that she WON'T...but she should.   Smirk
(07-12-2016, 05:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Agreed that she WON'T...but she should.   Smirk

They all should.  We just need a better brand of individual in politics.  But the nature of the occupation means that will never happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-12-2016, 05:30 PM)McC Wrote: They all should.  We just need a better brand of individual in politics.  But the nature of the occupation means that will never happen.

I disagree. There are things that can be done to reduce this type of behavior in elected officials because it would disincentivise the positions. The problem is that it would require them to get rid of their own incentives, and that ain't happening.

That and the naivete and ignorance of the general public makes any sort of change difficult.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

10 seconds of silence from Clinton = 10 more seconds of Trump talking
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]