Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Rudy G. Says ‘BLM’ Is ‘Inherently Racist’
(07-12-2016, 01:49 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yep.... expecting you to get it was definitely asking for a lot.

Asking me to accept your comparison of someone with an unregistered firearm to mass murderer was asking for a lot.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-12-2016, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey maybe they are not racist; but it appears they don't want homosexuals getting any publicity about their issues.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7166/left-vs-left-black-lives-matter-shut-down-pride-harry-khachatrian

Because Black Live Matter, not Homosexual Lives.

I read the link that http://www.dailywire.com cited. Unsurprisingly, it told a different story. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pride-parade-toronto-1.3662823

BLM Toronto protested Pride Toronto's apparent disregard for people of color WITHIN the LGBT community. 

Not that I agree with their tactics, but you should probably not rely on a third party news source.

(07-12-2016, 07:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is false and ignores my point about Philando Castile. 

Why is my statement false?  People generally obeying laws don't typically get pulled over. 

As to your point about Castile, didn't see where any of it was directed to what I originally said about RG's statement.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-12-2016, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why is my statement false?  People generally obeying laws don't typically get pulled over. 

As to your point about Castile, didn't see where any of it was directed to what I originally said about RG's statement.

You may want to rephrase that as "get pulled over" and not "interact" then. 

With regards to Castile, you stated that removing a criminal element will end police shootings. I asked about law abiding citizens who are killed by police (like Castile). 

(07-12-2016, 07:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I read the link that http://www.dailywire.com cited. Unsurprisingly, it told a different story. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pride-parade-toronto-1.3662823

BLM Toronto protested Pride Toronto's apparent disregard for people of color WITHIN the LGBT community. 

Not that I agree with their tactics, but you should probably not rely on a third party news source.
Yeah, the first paragraph of your source tells me all I need  to know:

Quote:Members of the Black Lives Matter Toronto group briefly halted the Pride parade today, holding up the marching for about 30 minutes. 
The parade didn't re-start until after Pride Toronto executive director Mathieu Chantelois signed a document agreeing to the group's demands.

Thanks for the link. Not sure how it refutes what I said. "My life matters more than yours". If we are being honest that's a bigoted sentiment.  I wonder what would have happened if the gays had not of given into their demands. Do you have a guess? You're usually pretty vocal about such things.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Edit: apparently it erased what I actually wrote. Disregard this post.

(07-12-2016, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the link. Not sure how it refutes what I said.

Quote: Hey maybe they are not racist; but it appears they don't want homosexuals getting any publicity about their issues.

In the link, it said they wanted to bring to light the issues of LGBT people of color, so your point about them not wanting LGBT issues publicized is refuted.

Quote:Because Black Live Matter, not Homosexual Lives

Again, in the link it said that they wanted to bring awareness to an apparent marginalization of gay and trans people of color, so this is also refuted. More accurately may be "Because Black Lives that are Gay or Trans matter too". 

Next time, read the article your blog post is trying to report on.

(07-12-2016, 07:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You may want to rephrase that as "get pulled over" and not "interact" then. 

With regards to Castile, you stated that removing a criminal element will end police shootings. I asked about law abiding citizens who are killed by police (like Castile). 

True, as most sensible folk will engage a LEO with a kind word, or showing of appreciation for what they do. 

But, how do you consider Castile law abiding?  Have you not seen his record?  Have you not listened to the officer speaking with dispatch?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-12-2016, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: True, as most sensible folk will engage a LEO with a kind word, or showing of appreciation for what they do. 

But, how do you consider Castile law abiding?  Have you not seen his record?  Have you not listened to the officer speaking with dispatch?

Sure he had a surprisingly large number of minor traffic violations, but are we calling people who don't wear their seat belts and don't carry proof of insurance "criminals"?

From what I have read, the officer said to dispatch "he looks like a robbery suspect". Looking like a black man with a "wide set nose" isn't a crime.

(07-12-2016, 07:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In the link, it said they wanted to bring to light the issues of LGBT people of color, so your point about them not wanting LGBT issues publicized is refuted.

Again, in the link it said that they wanted to bring awareness to an apparent marginalization of gay and trans people of color, so this is also refuted. More accurately may be "Because Black Lives that are Gay or Trans matter too". 

Next time, read the article your blog post is trying to report on.

Hell, I read the first paragraph of the link you posted. Did you miss the part where BLM would not let the parade continue until they agreed to their demands?

Hell, here's another link:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kirchick-gay-pride-black-lives-matter-20160705-snap-story.html

Quote:The chutzpah here is contemptible. Gay groups honored Black Lives Matter with prominent roles at their pride events, and Black Lives Matter returned the favor by hijacking those events to further their own anti-cop agendas. Condemning the police as an inherently racist, homophobic institution is not only false and counterproductive, it denigrates the many LGBT officers whose participation in these festivities would be annulled if the activists got their way. “The support that I have from my peers and supervisors has been unwavering,” gay Toronto policeman Chuck Krangle wrote in an open letter after the parade flap. “Police officers are significantly represented in the LGBTQ community and it would be unacceptable to alienate and discriminate against them and those who support them.” (The chief of Toronto’s police department, for what it’s worth, is black, a fact I recognize will be utterly lost on BLM activists.)

I get that you've made your bed and that you must know lie in it, but this sounds a whole lot like the "intolerant of my intolerance" bumper sticker you quoted earlier.

You have refuted absolutely nothing. You have tried to excuse discrimination and overt racism, but you have done nothing more that illustrate the hypocrisy of the left libertarian. 

(07-12-2016, 08:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sure he had a surprisingly large number of minor traffic violations, but are we calling people who don't wear their seat belts and don't carry proof of insurance "criminals"?

From what I have read, the officer said to dispatch "he looks like a robbery suspect". Looking like a black man with a "wide set nose" isn't a crime.

Absolutely, those laws were made for a reason.  Wearing seat belts reduces injuries and death, thus saving money paid out by insurance companies, thus saving the general public that all pays for insurance money.  Proof of insurance, it's also a law for a reason.  Heck, most States even automatically suspend ones license for driving with no insurance, just because of the burden it places on the general public when they get into crashes.

Was the Castile death a tragedy?  Yes.  Could it have been avoided?  Likely so.  Should the officer be vilified and convicted in the court of public opinion, before all of the facts are determined and released?  Hell no.  However, I will say that reaching down towards one's waist, while having an open weapon sitting on one's thigh, while being stopped by an officer is never a good idea. (no matter what race you are)

But, as for my reaction to Giulliani's statement still stand.  If the Black community wants to see a reduction of their young males getting shot (mostly by each other, btw) they need to quit allowing them to grow up as criminals, thinking that a life of running "game", or funning a "hustle", or being a gang banger, having fatherless children, or working the system, is an acceptable way to live one's life.

When White guys get shot by police, the White community barely bats an eye.  Why do you think this is so?  Likely because we know that he had it coming...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-12-2016, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I read the first paragraph of the link you posted. Did you miss the part where BLM would not let the parade continue until they agreed to their demands?

Hell, here's another link:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kirchick-gay-pride-black-lives-matter-20160705-snap-story.html

I get that you've made your bed and that you must know lie in it, but this sounds a whole lot like the "intolerant of my intolerance" bumper sticker you quoted earlier.

You have refuted absolutely nothing. You have tried to excuse discrimination and overt racism, but you have done nothing more that illustrate the hypocrisy of the left libertarian. 

With this post, you've officially become the P&R Brad. 

(07-12-2016, 09:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely, those laws were made for a reason.  Wearing seat belts reduces injuries and death, thus saving money paid out by insurance companies, thus saving the general public that all pays for insurance money.  Proof of insurance, it's also a law for a reason.  Heck, most States even automatically suspend ones license for driving with no insurance, just because of the burden it places on the general public when they get into crashes.

Was the Castile death a tragedy?  Yes.  Could it have been avoided?  Likely so.  Should the officer be vilified and convicted in the court of public opinion, before all of the facts are determined and released?  Hell no.  However, I will say that reaching down towards one's waist, while having an open weapon sitting on one's thigh, while being stopped by an officer is never a good idea. (no matter what race you are)

But, as for my reaction to Giulliani's statement still stand.  If the Black community wants to see a reduction of their young males getting shot (mostly by each other, btw) they need to quit allowing them to grow up as criminals, thinking that a life of running "game", or funning a "hustle", or being a gang banger, having fatherless children, or working the system, is an acceptable way to live one's life.

When White guys get shot by police, the White community barely bats an eye.  Why do you think this is so?  Likely because we know that he had it coming...

I don't know any who would paint someone as a criminal for a history of minor traffic violations, but I guess you do.

That aside, how was he not law abiding when he was killed? Did he "have it coming"?

(07-12-2016, 09:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know any who would paint someone as a criminal for a history of minor traffic violations, but I guess you do.

That aside, how was he not law abiding when he was killed? Did he "have it coming"?

He matched the description of a suspect that was wanted in connection to an armed robbery. 

I never said "he had it coming".  Shame on you for attempting to put words in my mouth.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-12-2016, 09:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: With this post, you've officially become the P&R Brad. 

Assuming you consider that a bad thing. Folks can read and decide for themselves. You never did answer what you thought would happen if the gay pride marchers didn't give in to the BLM demands. 

As I have said "we have become warped". The left  libertarian support BLM's motives to discriminate and put their cause above all others, because of discrimination and bigotry. 

I must ask what would be the reaction if a Christian organization had stopped a Gay Rights Parade and expressed their concerns about Christians INSIDE the gay community and only allowed the parade to continue if they agreed to their demands. (Anybody feel free to actually answer a question)

Apparently some would be OK with it, because they are worried about folks INSIDE their community;  however, I would not.

(07-12-2016, 09:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely, those laws were made for a reason.  Wearing seat belts reduces injuries and death, thus saving money paid out by insurance companies, thus saving the general public that all pays for insurance money.  Proof of insurance, it's also a law for a reason.  Heck, most States even automatically suspend ones license for driving with no insurance, just because of the burden it places on the general public when they get into crashes.

There is no white community.

There is no reason for there to be one, as we have never been considered "other" or "lesser" in this country. You have to remember, not that long ago, police were firehosing and releasing German Sheppards on law abiding black "citizens". Surely you can see where a distrust may come into play.

I'm not taking sides on this. I respect the police, and the job they do. My brother's a cop. My cousin was a cop, and was killed in the line of duty. The older I get I just get really tired of senseless killing. I wish I, or someone had the answer.

This is an election year, our military is still deployed overseas, the Olympics are ahead, terrorists are hitting the US and our allies. The media has plenty to report without making up shit about cops shooting black dudes. I don't buy the angle that this is all made up by the media.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-12-2016, 10:02 PM)jason Wrote: There is no white community.

There is no reason for there to be one, as we have never been considered "other" or "lesser" in this country. You have to remember, not that long ago, police were firehosing and releasing German Sheppards on law abiding black "citizens". Surely you can see where a distrust may come into play.

I'm not taking sides on this. I respect the police, and the job they do. My brother's a cop. My cousin was a cop and was killed in the line if duty. The older I get I just get really tired of senseless killing. I wish I, or someone had the answer.

What do you consider "not that long ago"? It was over 50 years ago, but the fact that folks always bring it up make it seem as if it were yesterday. How many people walking, marching, protesting were actually affected by Jim Crow?

Respect to your brother and condolences for your cousin, but there are many whites in this country that have been made to feel "lesser". They just don't get to say "It's because of my skin".  

(07-12-2016, 09:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He matched the description of a suspect that was wanted in connection to an armed robbery. 

What was the description? A black male? Was there a description of an old Buick?
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(07-12-2016, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must ask what would be the reaction if a Christian organization had stopped a Gay Rights Parade and expressed their concerns about Christians INSIDE the gay community and only allowed the parade to continue if they agreed to their demands. (Anybody feel free to actually answer a question)

Apparently some would be OK with it, because they are worried about folks INSIDE their community;  however, I would not.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/christian-taunts-and-violence-mar-arab-festival-in-michigan/

Or tell that to the many of abortion clinics threatened, attacked and or bombed.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]