Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Rudy G. Says ‘BLM’ Is ‘Inherently Racist’
(07-13-2016, 01:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you can't read articles, I hoped you could read a bumper sticker.
I read all of the articles. Both our views on the matter have been documented. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2016, 01:22 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You and yours? Who is mine?

Next time (or last time) you break wire look to your left and look to your right; those are yours. 

(07-13-2016, 02:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well perhaps you've been deployed, but most likely inside the walls of a big FOB or such. I know when I was outside the wire I was required to perform the duties as a cop all the time. Many times in location where they have never seen such regulation. It seems you or yours were not required to fulfill this duty. 

Again if you look at my pic...I'm far from a FOB. I'd never considered my job as policing or being a cop. But that still doesn't answer the question of why our brother/sisters get Swift punished down range and ones on out soil don't 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(07-13-2016, 02:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Next time (or last time) you break wire look to your left and look to your right; those are yours. 

Yep they are my brothers and sisters. For life! 
(07-13-2016, 02:09 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Again if you look at my pic...I'm far from a FOB. I'd never considered my job as policing or being a cop. But that still doesn't answer the question of why our brother/sisters get Swift punished down range and ones on out soil don't 

What type of swift punishment are you talking about? If you are talking about administrative punishment, then I've never seen this swiftness. If you are talking about the ultimate judgment, then that's something completely different.

I respect that you didn't consider your job as policing; but I was required to do that most every time I broke wire. I could have just neglected this duty out of fear someone would suggest I'm doing it wrong; but that's not how I'm made.  

(07-12-2016, 07:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Asking me to accept your comparison of someone with an unregistered firearm to mass murderer was asking for a lot.

No you understanding the point.... which you still don't.  Sad really.
(07-12-2016, 10:02 PM)jason Wrote: There is no white community.

There is no reason for there to be one, as we have never been considered "other" or "lesser" in this country. You have to remember, not that long ago, police were firehosing and releasing German Sheppards on law abiding black "citizens". Surely you can see where a distrust may come into play.

I'm not taking sides on this. I respect the police, and the job they do. My brother's a cop. My cousin was a cop, and was killed in the line of duty. The older I get I just get really tired of senseless killing. I wish I, or someone had the answer.

This is an election year, our military is still deployed overseas, the Olympics are ahead, terrorists are hitting the US and our allies. The media has plenty to report without making up shit about cops shooting black dudes. I don't buy the angle that this is all made up by the media.

There is a white community.  I will assume you are white, if so, you may not wish to be a part of it and that is fine.  However there are whites that are racially aware and refuse to apologize for things we did not commit. 
(07-12-2016, 11:59 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Racism exists just as strong in the gay community. Did you bother to read their list of demands? Wasn't BLM invited to the parade? Also BLM told the LBGT of their plans of a PEACEFUL sit-in? 

No mention of the the parade homophobic people dressed as green aliens who handed out condoms that were actually little pamphlets-of-sorts talking about how being gay is a sin. Hmmmmm

Hatred of Gays exist just as strong in the black community.  So I guess the next BLM "march" should have LGBT members stalling their progress until their list of demands are met, right?
(07-13-2016, 02:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What type of swift punishment are you talking about? If you are talking about administrative punishment, then I've never seen this swiftness. If you are talking about the ultimate judgment, then that's something completely different.

I respect that you didn't consider your job as policing; but I was required to do that most every time I broke wire. I could have just neglected this duty out of fear someone would suggest I'm doing it wrong; but that's not how I'm made.  

Never mind brother. We didn't share the same military experiences. I don't even know what you are trying to say. Neglecting duties? What??
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(07-13-2016, 02:47 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No you understanding the point.... which you still don't.  Sad really.

Was your point that you think a black man having a broken taillight is as bad as a white man mass murdering people?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-13-2016, 03:12 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Hatred of Gays exist just as strong in the black community.  So I guess the next BLM "march" should have LGBT members stalling their progress until their list of demands are met, right?

How often does a KKK or white pride rally talk about animal abuse or the environment?

They don't.

Because they have a specific agenda and are not talking about other things.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-13-2016, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: How often does a KKK or white pride rally talk about animal abuse or the environment?

They don't.

Because they have a specific agenda and are not talking about other things.

Since white separatist are all Southern hicks who **** farm animals, wouldn't animal abuse also be domestic abuse with them?

(07-13-2016, 09:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Since white separatist are all Southern hicks who **** farm animals, wouldn't animal abuse also be domestic abuse with them?

Do they protest domestic abuse too?

Maybe it is on their official website.
(07-13-2016, 03:07 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: There is a white community.  I will assume you are white, if so, you may not wish to be a part of it and that is fine.  However there are whites that are racially aware and refuse to apologize for things we did not commit. 

I refuse to apologize for anything. I just don't need anybody to hold my hand while I'm doing it. In fairness, I don't often (as in never) get asked to give an apology.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-13-2016, 03:07 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: There is a white community.  I will assume you are white, if so, you may not wish to be a part of it and that is fine.  However there are whites that are racially aware and refuse to apologize for things we did not commit. 

The concept of being "white" was created to defend the beliefs of racial superiority. Before that, those who we consider "white" were grouped in communities that reflected what we would call ethnicity or nationality. Creating these "races" allowed proponents of a white supremacy to claim there was a science behind their beliefs. 

Black people in the United States have formed a black community because they were forced to be defined by their race for centuries. All previous identity they had was erased. Where as most white people can tell you the ethnicity of their ancestors, most black people cannot do that, so their culture became a "black culture" because that's all they had.

There is no white community outside of white supremacists circles. 

(07-13-2016, 10:28 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The concept of being "white" was created to defend the beliefs of racial superiority. Before that, those who we consider "white" were grouped in communities that reflected what we would call ethnicity or nationality. Creating these "races" allowed proponents of a white supremacy to claim there was a science behind their beliefs. 

Black people in the United States have formed a black community because they were forced to be defined by their race for centuries. All previous identity they had was erased. Where as most white people can tell you the ethnicity of their ancestors, most black people cannot do that, so their culture became a "black culture" because that's all they had.

There is no white community outside of white supremacists circles. 

Yup. If you look at Asian or Latino/Hispanic communities, they group based on nationality. Same for white people (to a lesser extent in America now, but some still do), and for black people in recent history that have emigrated. But for the black community that was forcefully taken to places there are very few that have that identity beyond being black. It's interesting to see those that do (there is an Igbo Festival nearby here each year that is pretty awesome) but they are few and far between.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-13-2016, 10:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. If you look at Asian or Latino/Hispanic communities, they group based on nationality. Same for white people (to a lesser extent in America now, but some still do), and for black people in recent history that have emigrated. But for the black community that was forcefully taken to places there are very few that have that identity beyond being black. It's interesting to see those that do (there is an Igbo Festival nearby here each year that is pretty awesome) but they are few and far between.

Oy!  In my family just two generations ago if someone married outside of the Italians it was considered shameful!  

But hey, anything over 50 years is ancient history that should be forgotten because everything is better now.   Mellow
(07-12-2016, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do you consider "not that long ago"? It was over 50 years ago, but the fact that folks always bring it up make it seem as if it were yesterday. How many people walking, marching, protesting were actually affected by Jim Crow?

Respect to your brother and condolences for your cousin, but there are many whites in this country that have been made to feel "lesser". They just don't get to say "It's because of my skin".  

Thank you for the kind words.

I think 50 years is only a long time if you are a teen or are facing a jail sentence of that length. Personally if I saw images of that happening to people of my parents age, I would be distrustful. Hell we don't have to go back 50 yrs. Some people are seeing it now. I've been raised to believe that the police are here for my protection. Others with different experience don't see it that way. I'm not saying that I think they are right. I just have enough empathy to see where they are coming from.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-13-2016, 10:54 AM)jason Wrote: I think 50 years is only a long time if you are a teen or are facing a jail sentence of that length.

Not in the perspective of this country. 50 years is about one-eighth of the history of European colonization of this country. If we ignore the time before that (as many people tend to) 50 years is a sizeable chunk of our history. That is why so many people think of it as so long ago. It's about one-fifth of the age of our country itself (whether we use 1776 or 1789, we're on the side to round up to that).

You're right, 50 years isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. But when people think about it in relation to the age of the country it is a long time ago. It's not that I disagree, just explaining why some people feel that way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-13-2016, 10:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. If you look at Asian or Latino/Hispanic communities, they group based on nationality. Same for white people (to a lesser extent in America now, but some still do), and for black people in recent history that have emigrated. But for the black community that was forcefully taken to places there are very few that have that identity beyond being black. It's interesting to see those that do (there is an Igbo Festival nearby here each year that is pretty awesome) but they are few and far between.

Those who are the children of immigrants from Africa or the islands do this too as they know their ancestral origins, but most kids cannot tell you. When we talked about race in the US in class, we asked kids where their family is from. This is anecdotal, but most white, Asian, or latino kids could tell you the nation their family came from a generation to many generation ago. For the black kids, they focused on which state as their defining origin. 

I show this map. Notice that most people in the South say their ethnicity is "American" where as outside of that, you see Irish, Italian, German, etc. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg/2000px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png

(07-13-2016, 10:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oy!  In my family just two generations ago if someone married outside of the Italians it was considered shameful!  

But hey, anything over 50 years is ancient history that should be forgotten because everything is better now.   Mellow

I show this awesome documentary (9500 Liberty) about the immigration debate in Prince Williams  County, Virginia. A woman reads an editorial in the Baltimore Sun from 100 years ago that trashes Italians for living in cramped housing with many people, taking jobs, and not speaking English. The idea of "white" has evolved to include more people as the focus of who to discriminate against has changed. One political cartoon I have from that era has the Italians as rats. My students think they are Mexicans because the caricatures of them are now used for Mexicans. On my Irish great-great grandfather's draft card from WWI, he doesn't have "white" skin, he has "ruddy" skin.