Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun rising in the east bother anyone else?
(10-09-2018, 11:51 AM)McC Wrote: That's what I figured.  What is Sun City like?  It used to look like a green oasis had fallen out of the sky and landed in the desert.  One more question--do you have a colored rock "lawn?"

Probably not, his lawnmower is set to low and throws his colored rocks over the adobe walls into the neighbors rocks..... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 11:51 AM)McC Wrote: That's what I figured.  What is Sun City like?  It used to look like a green oasis had fallen out of the sky and landed in the desert.  One more question--do you have a colored rock "lawn?"

Sun City is now surrounded by massive subdivisions, including two other huge 'Sun City developments (Sun City West and Sun City Grand). The city of Surprise topped 100,000 people about 10 years ago.

Yes. Xenoscaping they call it. Rocks, with a few bushes and small trees here and there. Haven't mowed a lawn in over 14 years!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
no grass means its' easier to find snakes that aren't on a plane
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My bedroom window faces east and it bothers me that the sun always rises in the east.  I understand that the earth can't just stop and then start spinning the opposite direction, but it seems like it could turn upside down every so often so that the sun would rise in the west for a while.

Anyone else bothered by this?
It's curtains for you Fred.. Apparently curtains on windows have been banned where you live. Oh woe is you..  Cry
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:02 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: no grass means its' easier to find snakes that aren't on a plane

OMG! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ! Those flying snakes are now a thing ! Luckily most of them can't pass the exam to become licensed pilots. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My bedroom window faces east and it bothers me that the sun always rises in the east.  I understand that the earth can't just stop and then start spinning the opposite direction, but it seems like it could turn upside down every so often so that the sun would rise in the west for a while.

Anyone else bothered by this?

it bothers me a lot I have the same issue and cant go back to sleep when the sun is up..

But I think black out curtains could help.

But if we cant get the earth to change its ways we should at least be able to rotate our houses at will.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:39 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sun City is now surrounded by massive subdivisions, including two other huge 'Sun City developments (Sun City West and Sun City Grand). The city of Surprise topped 100,000 people about 10 years ago.

Yes. Xenoscaping they call it. Rocks, with a few bushes and small trees here and there. Haven't mowed a lawn in over 14 years!

hmmmm... Xenoscaping.... this is what you humans call man scaping?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 12:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hmmmm... Xenoscaping....   this is what you humans call man scaping?

LOL!

I wondered if you were still lurking around out there. You fell for my trap!

It is actually called 'xeriscaping'... LOL!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote