Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1
(02-17-2016, 06:31 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Dude, that just isn't based in reality.  Search this forum for "six rings", "Six Lombardis", "six championships", or any other of the possible ways of expressing it, and you will find (as I have) that most of the occurrences of those types of phrases actually occur in Jungle Noise! And the rest are almost exclusively also from Bengal fans.  

It's in your head so much that you have convinced yourselves that we post about it all the time, when the reality is: we don't!  

Oh wait, I just realized that this sort of factual demonstration probably won't convince you.  

I guess I'm wrong for expecting you to accept objective reality, when you'd rather live in your little fantasy world.  

My mistake!  

One of your poster's blog name is sixandcounting.

You fail.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 05:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: One of your poster's blog name is sixandcounting.

You fail.

You think one example validates your blanket statement.  Sounds about right for you. 

You think that a poster's choice of name = countering all arguments with 'we won six Super Bowls'. Sounds about right for you.  

This is usually the point where other Bengal fans will PM you begging you to stop embarrassing them. Sound about right?  
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 05:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: One of your poster's blog name is sixandcounting.

No it's not.

(02-18-2016, 05:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You fail.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 07:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: No it's not.

If Brad thinks that a person's user name constitutes their argument in every post, I think we should start responding to him using his own logic:

"Oh yeah?  Well, you counter every argument with 'I'm Brad Fritz!'"  
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 09:55 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If Brad thinks that a person's user name constitutes their argument in every post, I think we should start responding to him using his own logic:

While it doesn't constitute their argument in every post they submit, in a roundabout way the user name does fit the description of this particular argument. Roughly 75% of the time this is about what y'all look like bobbing and weaving. 

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 06:54 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You think one example validates your blanket statement.  Sounds about right for you. 

You think that a poster's choice of name = countering all arguments with 'we won six Super Bowls'. Sounds about right for you.  

This is usually the point where other Bengal fans will PM you begging you to stop embarrassing them. Sound about right?  
How many times do Steelers fans on here talk about Bengals fans not knowing what it's like to win a championship or anything related to that?

You fail.
(02-18-2016, 07:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: No it's not.
Um, yes it is.
(02-18-2016, 09:55 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If Brad thinks that a person's user name constitutes their argument in every post, I think we should start responding to him using his own logic:

How many times do Steelers fans on here talk about Bengals fans not knowing what it's like to win a championship or anything related to that?

You fail.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 12:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many times do Steelers fans on here talk about Bengals fans not knowing what it's like to win a championship or anything related to that?

You fail.
Um, yes it is.

You fail.

Nope.  Even if your first sentence made a true accusation (which is iffy), you're trying to win the argument by changing the question. Stick to your original accusation that we use 'six rings' to make our arguments for us.  

And regarding THAT, you have conjured an image in your own head of us that has taken the place of reality in your mind.  You and other Bengal fans have accused us of this so often that you've convinced yourselves that we actually do it.  The thing is, we don't.  

There's an easy way to prove me wrong, but it ain't typing the words 'you fail' over and over. Show me posts where Steeler fans bring it up for the first time in a thread.  I'll bet you that for every one that you find (that is, IF you find any), I can show you five examples of Bengal fans doing it.  

That being said, if you're willing to admit you were wrong about that, then I'll be happy to discuss the new topic you wanted to bring up. One thing at a time.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 03:18 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Nope.  Even if your first sentence made a true accusation (which is iffy), you're trying to win the argument by changing the question. Stick to your original accusation that we use 'six rings' to make our arguments for us.  

And regarding THAT, you have conjured an image in your own head of us that has taken the place of reality in your mind.  You and other Bengal fans have accused us of this so often that you've convinced yourselves that we actually do it.  The thing is, we don't.  

There's an easy way to prove me wrong, but it ain't typing the words 'you fail' over and over. Show me posts where Steeler fans bring it up for the first time in a thread.  I'll bet you that for every one that you find (that is, IF you find any), I can show you five examples of Bengal fans doing it.  

That being said, if you're willing to admit you were wrong about that, then I'll be happy to discuss the new topic you wanted to bring up.  One thing at a time.

Why would I go through thousands of threads (even search words like "Steelers titles" brings up thousands of results) when we've all seen with our two eyes Steelers fans do it over-and-over?

And then there's also when a Bengals fan posts and a Steelers fan replies with "I wouldn't expect a Bengals fan to know what it's like to feel like a champion" or something along those lines.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: (even search words like "Steelers titles" brings up thousands of results)

http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=2714820ed4d329eaae02bf42b2899031&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

Thousands.... Hilarious
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why would I go through thousands of threads (even search words like "Steelers titles" brings up thousands of results) when we've all seen with our two eyes Steelers fans do it over-and-over?

And then there's also when a Bengals fan posts and a Steelers fan replies with "I wouldn't expect a Bengals fan to know what it's like to feel like a champion" or something along those lines.

If it's too much work for you, let me help you out:

http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=e01a988c2bc92e3696ac702e4607257f&sortby=lastpost&order=desc .

That link takes to you a search of this forum for "Steelers titles".  There's exactly one hit.  And it's the post you just wrote. 

You could probably have gotten thousands of hits with a general Google search, but then I have no idea why you'd do that, because we weren't talking about Steeler fans in general.  We were talking about the ones who post on this site. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why would I go through thousands of threads (even search words like "Steelers titles" brings up thousands of results) when we've all seen with our two eyes Steelers fans do it over-and-over?

You're just mad because we have 6 rings and you don't. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 05:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=2714820ed4d329eaae02bf42b2899031&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

Thousands.... Hilarious

(02-18-2016, 05:48 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If it's too much work for you, let me help you out:

http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=e01a988c2bc92e3696ac702e4607257f&sortby=lastpost&order=desc .

That link takes to you a search of this forum for "Steelers titles".  There's exactly one hit.  And it's the post you just wrote. 

You could probably have gotten thousands of hits with a general Google search, but then I have no idea why you'd do that, because we weren't talking about Steeler fans in general.  We were talking about the ones who post on this site. 

Must have been a similar term instead.  I'll look.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 09:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Must have been a similar term instead.  I'll look.

I'm pretty sure you never actually looked anything up.  You thought you could rely on an assumption, and you were wrong.  
Reply/Quote