Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1
(01-21-2016, 08:22 PM)6andcounting Wrote: the fact that coaches are allowed to be on the field during an injury time out

Not over amongst the opposing team's players talking shit in an attempt to bait them.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 06:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Not over amongst the opposing team's players talking shit in an attempt to bait them.

[Image: beakerfail.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 05:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The popular video out there (cant link it right now--on my ipad) shows one ref in the middle of the players for 5 full seconds before pacman bumps the third ref that steps in. That means the first ref stepped in before those five seconds and started to try and separate the group. All of this happened after Brown was walking off the field and Porter stayed behind.

He could have flagged Porter for unsportsmanlike conduct at least five seconds before Pacman stepped in, for hanging back and engaging the players. Granted, that would have been a little sketchy because separating the group first is the logical thing to do. Pacman made it moot by flying in and doing what he did. Still, a flag there would have been justified due to the atmosphere of that and the previous game.
And he could have flagged Gillberry for bumping Porter before that. 

At that point Im sure the refs aren't looking to throw flags and their thinking is to just get everyone separated, and then Jones runs into the official. 

All of these fines that are deemed to be admissions of missed penalties (rightly so) are going back after the fact and looking at everything that happened in a matter of seconds on the field and then sorting it out. I think from the NFL's perspective though they are to curtail any further shennanigans. 

Anyways, the point of this thread is that the Bengals weren't robbed because the Jones/Porter penalties should have washed out if they didn't miss a penalty on Porter. Admittedly it can get murky if he was indeed fined for being on the field and then your earlier scenario comes into play. But the NFL never stated specifically what his fine is for and honestly it isn't obvious as it could have just as easily been for his verbal jousting with Burfict. 

If the NFL comes out (or did and I missed it) and says he was fined for being out there, then I'll admit to the murkiness of the situation. 

The most "official" statement that I could find from the NFL is this video on NFL.com that says that he was fined for "instagating" which really could be either of the two. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000623166/article/adam-jones-fined-29k-steelers-porter-fined-10k
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 07:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And he could have flagged Gillberry for bumping Porter before that. 

At that point Im sure the refs aren't looking to throw flags and their thinking is to just get everyone separated, and then Jones runs into the official. 

All of these fines that are deemed to be admissions of missed penalties (rightly so) are going back after the fact and looking at everything that happened in a matter of seconds on the field and then sorting it out. I think from the NFL's perspective though they are to curtail any further shennanigans. 

Anyways, the point of this thread is that the Bengals weren't robbed because the Jones/Porter penalties should have washed out if they didn't miss a penalty on Porter. Admittedly it can get murky if he was indeed fined for being on the field and then your earlier scenario comes into play. But the NFL never stated specifically what his fine is for and honestly it isn't obvious as it could have just as easily been for his verbal jousting with Burfict. 

If the NFL comes out (or did and I missed it) and says he was fined for being out there, then I'll admit to the murkiness of the situation. 

The most "official" statement that I could find from the NFL is this video on NFL.com that says that he was fined for "instagating" which really could be either of the two. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000623166/article/adam-jones-fined-29k-steelers-porter-fined-10k

Stop it right now. Mellow

It's pretty clear if he was fined for "instigating", then the league feels he was in the wrong to be out there doing what he was. 

I don't feel they were robbed. Any robbery claim can always go back to a player keeping their head and playing smarter. 

And again i'll point out that if the ref throws the flag for unsportsmanlike, there is a high probability there is no Pacman foul. 

Regardless, this has all run it's course for me. I'm more than happy to put it to bed. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 04:52 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Eh....kinda.
If you read the rules Porter was actually allowed to be out there. The refs are allowed give permission to a coach and it's often a courtesy that they extend. It's not common, but coaches have gone to the injured players side in that situation before.

I will give you that they should have been aware of Porter being a firecracker and made him leave. They dropped the ball on that one. And likewise they probably should have recognized the potential volatility regardless of Porters presence and made the 5 Bengals who were mulling around the injured Brown move as well. 

I disagree that they let him out there, otherwise he wouldn't have been fined.

As others have said, the league gave him a fine for being out there illegally and it not being caught.

Shit happens and the refs are only human, so it's hard to fault them 100%. Given the way the last game had gone, they should've had a new crew with instructions to flag everything anyways. If I recall, the head referee was the one who shit the bed last month as well.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 11:21 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I disagree that they let him out there, otherwise he wouldn't have been fined.

As others have said, the league gave him a fine for being out there illegally and it not being caught.

Shit happens and the refs are only human, so it's hard to fault them 100%. Given the way the last game had gone, they should've had a new crew with instructions to flag everything anyways. If I recall, the head referee was the one who shit the bed last month as well.

The officials were OBVIOUSLY doing all they could do to NOT throw flags.  

Porter on the field, Gilberry bumping him, the Bengals surrounding him jawing...through ALL OF THAT the refs tried to just get everybody back.

Then Pacman did a Pcaman thing and bumped the ref from behind....and who know what he SAID while he was doing it.

The people reporting on the fine also said a head coach isn't allowed on the field during injuries...but it happens all the time.  You know it does.

I don't care if Porter was yelling "we dey" in some guys face...which he wasn't...the officials we not going to affect the game by throwing another flag.

Until Jones crossed the last line.

So moan, *****, complain, sign petitions...whatever.  It was two weeks ago and nothing changed:  The Bengals players lost their composure and blew the game.

End of chapter.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 09:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop it right now. Mellow

It's pretty clear if he was fined for "instigating", then the league feels he was in the wrong to be out there doing what he was. 

I don't feel they were robbed. Any robbery claim can always go back to a player keeping their head and playing smarter. 

And again i'll point out that if the ref throws the flag for unsportsmanlike, there is a high probability there is no Pacman foul. 

Regardless, this has all run it's course for me. I'm more than happy to put it to bed. 

The link in the post you quoted says nothing about "instigating".
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 06:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Let's just ignore Rule 13 Section 1 Article 2 that states:

Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute

and assume that Porter was out there to stir up shit illegally. I'm still waiting for you to show me the rule that states that once a player commits a foul, other players are free to commit fouls against that player without incurring a penalty themselves.

Again I have done nothing but quote rules and you haven't been able to cite a single rule to support your assertions. 

So please, show me the rule. 

Your quoting rules and then playing make believe and then want to argue about it.

Porter had no business being on the field.

You keep calling Porter a player and he isn't a player.(Even though he became part of your game plan.)

Porter broke the rules by being on the field.

Porter broke the rules by a coach purposely inciting the others teams players. (coaches conduct)

Porter broke the rules every time a coach (not player) instigated against a player on the other team.(Gilberry, Jones)

So if we are playing make believe Porter should have had at least 4 penalties against him. Not one like your saying.

My point is Porter could have been called on multiple penalties.

What Porter did was became an acting participant in the field of play by his actions. I actually can't believe Goodell isn't freaking out about this because it is a big deal. I guess next year everybodys coaches (not players) will be pushing and pulling hair to instigate the other team into penalties.

The game was built on integrity and will be ruined due to the lack of integrity. 

The game is supposed to be 11 v 11 playing within the rules. Not coaches trying to find ways around the rules and manipulation of the rules.

Doing this should be considered rules being broken that are against the "spirit of the game".

Someone needs to tell Tomlin. 

P.S. Your playing make believe and then acting like your some rules expert.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 11:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: The officials were OBVIOUSLY doing all they could do to NOT throw flags.  

Porter on the field, Gilberry bumping him, the Bengals surrounding him jawing...through ALL OF THAT the refs tried to just get everybody back.

Then Pacman did a Pcaman thing and bumped the ref from behind....and who know what he SAID while he was doing it.

The people reporting on the fine also said a head coach isn't allowed on the field during injuries...but it happens all the time.  You know it does.

I don't care if Porter was yelling "we dey" in some guys face...which he wasn't...the officials we not going to affect the game by throwing another flag.

Until Jones crossed the last line.

So moan, *****, complain, sign petitions...whatever.  It was two weeks ago and nothing changed:  The Bengals players lost their composure and blew the game.

End of chapter.

You're missing my point - everyone is saying how the refs lost control of the first game in Cincinnati. The league responds by putting the same head ref in charge of the playoff game. 

The league knew this was going to happen. They were banking on it and it's paying off big time because people are still talking about it.

Had the league been serious about the games being under control as the letter they sent out prior to Wild Card weekend suggests, the refs would've been under orders to flag everything.

Instead the league sent that letter out, assigned a head ref with zero back bone, and let the explosive situation do what it was inevitably going to do one way or another.

It makes for great ratings and even more website clicks which leads to extra revenue.

It's not a conspiracy - it's the way of the world.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 02:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You're missing my point - everyone is saying how the refs lost control of the first game in Cincinnati. The league responds by putting the same head ref in charge of the playoff game. 

The league knew this was going to happen. They were banking on it and it's paying off big time because people are still talking about it.

Had the league been serious about the games being under control as the letter they sent out prior to Wild Card weekend suggests, the refs would've been under orders to flag everything.

Instead the league sent that letter out, assigned a head ref with zero back bone, and let the explosive situation do what it was inevitably going to do one way or another.

It makes for great ratings and even more website clicks which leads to extra revenue.

It's not a conspiracy - it's the way of the world.

You just hypothesized a conspiracy then concluded it wasn't a conspiracy. You clown.
Reply/Quote
Why are Steelers fans still talking about this? I hate to bring up old smack strategy but beating the Bengals was the Steelers' Superbowl. Steelers' fans everywhere celebrate this as a good season because they beat the Bengals. Look at how much they want to relive it!

The standard is not the standard. At the end of the day, the Steelers are happy to move down a few spots in the draft order, not even sniff the Superbowl, and end up with a worse overall record than the Bengals. Great season! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:17 PM)TRsome Wrote: Why are Steelers fans still talking about this? I hate to bring up old smack strategy but beating the Bengals was the Steelers' Superbowl. Steelers' fans everywhere celebrate this as a good season because they beat the Bengals. Look at how much they want to relive it!

The standard is not the standard. At the end of the day, the Steelers are happy to move down a few spots in the draft order, not even sniff the Superbowl, and end up with a worse overall record than the Bengals. Great season!  ThumbsUp

We're trying to calm the overly-emotional Bengals fans down for two weeks now.  They should be on the 3rd or 4th stage of grieving by now and it just ins't happening.

*I* think it is because the NFL is conspiring to keep them from getting over it.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:17 PM)TRsome Wrote: Why are Steelers fans still talking about this? I hate to bring up old smack strategy but beating the Bengals was the Steelers' Superbowl. Steelers' fans everywhere celebrate this as a good season because they beat the Bengals. Look at how much they want to relive it!

The standard is not the standard. At the end of the day, the Steelers are happy to move down a few spots in the draft order, not even sniff the Superbowl, and end up with a worse overall record than the Bengals. Great season!  ThumbsUp

No, beating the Cardinals was our Super Bowl and beating Seattle was our Super Bowl before that.

Avenging the playoff 2005 loss to the Steelers after a superb 2015 season would have been the bengals Super Bowl.
But they failed
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 04:34 PM)Vlad Wrote: You just hypothesized a conspiracy then concluded it wasn't a conspiracy. You clown.

God damn you're dumb.

It's not even worth the time trying to explain my post to you dumb **** yinzers.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 11:41 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im not sure what you are asking but I'm just addressing what I've seen written and heard on talk shows about how Joey Porters penalty should have offset (or canceled out) Jones penalty, if they had called one on JP; and how JPs fine is an admission that one should have been called. 

The only thing that aggravated me there was, if Porter is flagged, and flagged early, there is no Adam Jones penalty, and he offsets Burfict.....still a 65 yard or so FG at that point.  Still yet, the damn fumble lost us the game.....and three shitty quarters leading up to the 4th.

The Shazier hit?  Yeah, still illegal.  Outside of the tackle box, and lowered his head and hit Gio squarely in the jaw.  If the penalty on Williams was legit, that one definitely was a foul.  

Bottom line, we beat ourselves when we had taken the lead.  There were some bad calls at very inopportune times for us in that game, yes.....and the Bernard no call REALLY pissed off the players and the rowdy bleacher drunks....but we lost it ourselves.

Now I'm done with the topic.  Welcome to the boards.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 09:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop it right now. Mellow

Yep.....and he was talking shit from the sidelines and out at mid field during the ruckus the prior game.  He should have been flagged the instant he came on the field for "prior reputation".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 06:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....and he was talking shit from the sidelines and out at mid field during the ruckus the prior game.  He should have been flagged the instant he came on the field for "prior reputation".

He should be flagged every day for being an ugly douchebag.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
lmao....I started to read this thread, then I realized the bungals still suck and this is nothing more then the usual whining.

You'll win something that matters when your fans, team, coaches and players stop being whining bitches. Maybe - I mean we all saw Carson Palmer last week.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 08:59 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The refs were allowing him to be on the field, the same why 9 Bengals coaches were allowed on the field. Serious question ,in the history of the NFL, has what you are asking be flagged ever actually been called even just once?

Stop with this nonsense.

"Bengals coaches were allowed on the field." durrr....drool....

No shit, and guess what they did, they TENDED TO AN INJURED PLAYER.

Porter went out on the field and did what? Oh...he went and found a group of players from the opposing team, ran his useless mouth and got a game ball for being a douchebag.

Are you really too dumb to see the difference?

I'm serious dude, are you not able to see the difference in coaches from any team that rush to an injured player and the refs leave it alone and there is no fine because they are concerned with the player's health vs a known jackass walking out not caring about the player instead strolling over to the other team to start shit. 

I know you are a steeler fan but Christ try to show some education and common sense.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 04:55 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: lmao....I started to read this thread, then I realized the bungals still suck and this is nothing more then the usual whining.

You'll win something that matters when your fans, team, coaches and players stop being whining bitches.  Maybe - I mean we all saw Carson Palmer last week.

Remember after the Bengals beat the steelers in the first meeting this year? The "we don't like what Burfict did. He hurt our player and celebrated" whining? That wasn't Bengals players coaches or fans. Just in case you think its all coming from one side.
Reply/Quote