Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruler of the Jungle for Sunday Night....
(01-11-2023, 09:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why, is that a RULE? The Bengals should just come out in the all whites for the Super Bowl, and when the ref says something Zac should tell them, "Well, we thought about that, but we flipped a coin and the white tiger won."  What's the league going to do at that point, make them forfeit the Super Bowl? Doubtful.

I mean, they could retroactively remove the win and force a forfeit no matter the outcome. Not like it hasn't happened in other levels of the sport (main example i can think of is Bush with Heisman).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why, is that a RULE? The Bengals should just come out in the all whites for the Super Bowl, and when the ref says something Zac should tell them, "Well, we thought about that, but we flipped a coin and the white tiger won."  What's the league going to do at that point, make them forfeit the Super Bowl? Doubtful.

Because the uniforms are part of the NFL's branding.  It's logical for them to want to have their most recognizable branding on the field for their biggest events.   As much as they like to market those alternates during the season to move merchandise, they want the most recognizable product on the field for the biggest audiences.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:39 PM)Roland Wrote: Because the uniforms are part of the NFL's branding.  It's logical for them to want to have their most recognizable branding on the field for their biggest events.   As much as they like to market those alternates during the season to move merchandise, they want the most recognizable product on the field for the biggest audiences.

No, I get that. I was expressing Taylor should say, "Why, is it a rule?" because I didn't think we follow those anymore.
Reply/Quote