Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron

I wouldn't do it.
Reply/Quote
Ludwig:

Hot rumor: The Cleveland Browns are offering their third-round pick to the Bengals in exchange for AJ McCarron. No way should the Bengals trade McCarron, who is under contract through the 2017 season. You need two good QBs to survive in the NFL. Browns had a good QB in Derek Anderson, who is Cam Newton's backup in Carolina. They should try to get him back.
Reply/Quote
No thanks.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nope
Reply/Quote
With Hue as HC now, maybe we can get at least a first round. We got a first AND second for Palmer at Oakland! Wink
Reply/Quote
Hilarious A third rounder? That's insulting we can get more then that.
Reply/Quote
No way. I think it's a terrible idea to trade him to a division rival. If the Browns get AJM plus josh Gordon back next year, they won't be a pushover by any means. Not to mention we might lose Marvin jones as well.

So far, I'm not liking our offseason one bit. We let hue go and our team starts to get purged. Thanks Mike brown.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Would do it for a 1st round selection, or a 2nd and 4th.

Come on Hue ante up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:12 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote:

I wouldn't do it.
We would be idiots to accept this offer. Try a 1st round Hue in 2016 and a 4th in 2017 for starters.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nope. Somebody (Rams?) will offer more.

Reply/Quote
I'd take their 2nd rounder for him (basically a first #32 overall with pats forfeit of their pick). Also make them throw in that Davis kid, he looked good imo. Then we have our backup qb or at least someone for the competition and an extra pick. If all we get is a 3rd rounder tho we'd probably have to use that on a qb to get a decent replacement so there is no point. Also needs to have an extra conditional pick based on his playing time.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We would be idiots to accept this offer. Try a 1st round Hue in 2016 and a 4th on 2017 for starters.

No way they give up #2 overall pick for aj. Maybe if they trade way down on draft day then trade for him, I think their 2nd/4th would be a really good get for him tho.
Reply/Quote
If they would offer anything more dont you think they would at least try at Dalton?(not just the browns btw)
Reply/Quote
Nothing less than a 2nd. Especially in the division. McCarron can't carry a team right now, so he's no threat in Cleveland. He could however come into a stronger foundation elsewhere and develop.

2nd round from Cleveland, 3rd round from anyone outside the division. McCarron deserves his shot (so they should be open to trading him) and it's going to be hard for him to get it here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:22 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: No way. I think it's a terrible idea to trade him to a division rival.   If the Browns get AJM plus josh Gordon back next year, they won't be a pushover by any means.  Not to mention we might lose Marvin jones as well.  

So far, I'm not liking our offseason one bit.  We let hue go and our team starts to get purged.  Thanks Mike brown.

...and don't forget that VJ is the new DC in Miami. I see some of our defensive FA heading south to a warmer climate...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:34 PM)JSR18 Wrote: ...and don't forget that VJ is the new DC in Miami. I see some of our defensive FA heading south to a warmer climate...

I see Nelson as a lock for Miami unless we offer something better.
Reply/Quote
I like Mccarron and his attitude as a backup, I would not get rid of him. I think we expect to play about .500 ball with our backup QB in.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:34 PM)JSR18 Wrote: ...and don't forget that VJ is the new DC in Miami. I see some of our defensive FA heading south to a warmer climate...

Yeah I could see Nelson head back home to Florida and don't forget they have no state tax so likely he is gone. Who knows about the rest, but the good news is I would see no reason why a player would not consider staying or coming here now. MB honors contracts and has built a winning franchise.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:26 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Nope. Somebody (Rams?) will offer more.

I agree with this. I believe the average NFL salary for a backup QB is around 3 million also and AJ makes less than 1 million. So in short, AJ is not only a very good backup, he is very inexpensive so it will take a ton for the Bengals to trade AJ right now. As his current contract expires, then everything changes, but even then fi he leaves as free agent, we would get a minimum of a 3rd round pick for compensation as his 2nd contract will be a 10 million a year plus deal.

Reply/Quote
It took us long enough to get a backup QB here that we can count on when needed. Why on earth would we want to trade him away, and weaken our team? We will have enough to worry about without creating another need.

Not a fan of trading him at all. Unh Unh, no way Jose.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote