Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-16-2016, 01:41 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: It took us long enough to get a backup QB here that we can count on when needed. Why on earth would we want to trade him away, and weaken our team? We will have enough to worry about without creating another need.

This.

We got spoiled with how healthy Dalton was his first four years.  Back up QB is a pretty important position.
Reply/Quote
ditto. pass
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2nd rounder or bust.

Would also do McCarron for Haden, straight up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade him within the division. I wouldn't trade him at all. But you have to think, with so many FA this year, does the value of additional draft picks outweigh the luxury of having a viable backup QB?
Reply/Quote
Nothing other than a 1st rounder...

Sorry.. I actually like AJMC.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade him within the division for a 3rd, but I have to admit Hue and AJ going from second-bananas to top dogs (dawgs?) in Cleveland would be pretty interesting.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Nothing other than a 1st rounder...

Sorry.. I actually like AJMC.

That would be the 2nd pick in the draft. You wouldnt take a 2nd from them?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:59 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: That would be the 2nd pick in the draft. You wouldnt take a 2nd from them?

Nah, we'd somehow still waste the pick... Better to keep a reliable backup.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Nah, we'd somehow still waste the pick... Better to keep a reliable backup.

Back to back tackle? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:04 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Back to back tackle? Ninja

back to back long snappers Ninja Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2nd rounder or bust.

Would also do McCarron for Haden, straight up.

Haden has been trash for 2 years now
Reply/Quote
The Browns got rid of Farmer, but they still haven't used a 1st rounder well in years. If this team dropped the 22nd overall on Weeden, Manziel, and the 3rd overall on T-Crap they should give us their 2nd rounder for AJ. Personally, I'd be interested to see Hue and AJ as a starting duo (sucks they'd be in the division...unless they sweep the Steelers or something) so if we get some sahhweeettt compensation for it, I'd say it's a win-win.

I might get too attached to players, but I'd really like to see AJ as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Haden has been trash for 2 years now

Haden has made AJ Green his ***** for eternity now. Also was a Pro Bowler in 2014.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would take their #2 pick.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, right.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:33 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: If they would offer anything more dont you think they would at least try at Dalton?(not just the browns btw)

The Bengals aren't trading their franchise QB who is coming off a season where he was an MVP candidate with the 2nd best passer rating in the NFL. The odds of that happening are similar to me winning the powerball while being struck by lightning.

As for McCarron, I've said I'd only trade him for a 2nd rounder, but the Browns 3rd rounder is obviously very early in the round. Throw in a 5th and I think it's at least fair. Before that freak thumb injury, Dalton was an iron-man. If we're being honest, McCarron isn't likely to take another meaningful snap before his contract is up. So what's worth more? A player on the bench who is destined to leave in 2 years? Or a couple solid draft picks? I would say that I don't I don't want him with the Browns, but honestly...

I don't fear McCarron with the Browns. Our offense was severely limited with McCarron (never had more than 294 yards in 4 starts) and I don't think he's nearly as accurate or physically gifted as some on here think. He really lacks pocket awareness and takes too many sacks. He's a top-tier backup, but a bottom-tier starter. So how much is that worth? If Hue really thinks McCarron can be the franchise QB in Cleveland, he'd offer more than a 3rd. If the Bengals think McCarron can light them up, they won't trade McCarron for any amount of picks to the Browns.

We'll see, but I think some folks on here have overvalued McCarron to an extent. We could find another solid backup and take the draft picks. I won't be mad if we keep McCarron though, because he is a very good backup. I'm just saying that trading him is worth considering. I doubt the Bengals actually do this though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The odds of that happening are similar to me winning the powerball while being struck by lightning.
Wouldn't that be a ***** if it happened. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would take their #2 pick.

That's the 32nd pick, which is essentially a 1st rounder.

McCarron isn't worth a 1st rounder. Hell, people have argued that Palmer wasn't worth a first rounder when Hue traded for him.

McCarron isn't on the same planet as Palmer as far as skill, pocket awareness or any measure of QB play.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:23 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Wouldn't that be a ***** if it happened. 

Yeah, we'll see. I have a feeling I won't be a billionaire anytime soon and Dalton will be wearing stripes for a long time, no matter how much that irks people.
Reply/Quote
They offered a third, they'll give more, probably the 2nd and 4th people are talking about. However, the fact that Hugh wants him tells you something about his potential. The powers that be would have to closely examine our needs, along with who's available in this draft, all weighed against the value of our solid backup QB. It's not a call I could make without knowing a lot more about the total picture.
Reply/Quote