Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
I would take Joey Bosa and their second round pick for Andy

That is the only trade with the Browns that I would consider.

I think Andy is a great young man but I think McCarron may have more upside.

Interesting to see how the Bengals see things. They know better than me. But it is real interesting that Jackson wants McCarron.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's the 32nd pick, which is essentially a 1st rounder.

McCarron isn't worth a 1st rounder. Hell, people have argued that Palmer wasn't worth a first rounder when Hue traded for him.

McCarron isn't on the same planet as Palmer as far as skill, pocket awareness or any measure of QB play.

True.  Flipping the 164th round pick for the 32nd overall going into the 3rd year of his contract sounds like something the Patriots might do.  If the Browns actually offer the 32nd pick I say we pull the trigger in a second.  Who knows, AJ and Hue might actually be enough of a thorn in the Steelers and Ravens' collective sides for it to pay double dividends.

See?  And people say I can't be optimistic!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bengals aren't trading their franchise QB who is coming off a season where he was an MVP candidate with the 2nd best passer rating in the NFL. The odds of that happening are similar to me winning the powerball while being struck by lightning.
Thats what Im saying. If you would offer a 1st round for McCarron you would at least try at Dalton I think. It would never happen though. But stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote
Tell Hue its going to cost him a 1st and 2nd rounder....just like last time. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:36 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Thats what Im saying. If you would offer a 1st round for McCarron you would at least try at Dalton I think. It would never happen though. But stranger things have happened.

Maybe Hue can "door in the face" technique Mike Brown.  

HUE:  How about our 3rd round pick for Dalton?
MB:  No way!
HUE:  Bah, I knew you'd be too smart and handsome to fall for that.  Fine, you got me.  3rd for McCarron...hell, you got me...make it a 4th.
MB:  DEAL!  Sucker.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:41 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: It took us long enough to get a backup QB here that we can count on when needed. Why on earth would we want to trade him away, and weaken our team? We will have enough to worry about without creating another need.

Not a fan of trading him at all. Unh Unh, no way Jose.

I would not allow him to get away for any draft picks.College players are so unproven and Marvin will not play rooks anyways and Mac Man is money.He is as good as a starting qb in most camps.WE NEED HIM BIG TIME,ANDY could get hurt this season,then what? No way do you allow a player like him to leave,especially to a divisional rival.That would be so stupid.I so hope this does not happen.It would be the dumpest move of 2016 besides allowing Hue to go to the stinkin browns.
Reply/Quote
No way. I think it's a terrible idea to trade him to a division rival. If the Browns get AJM plus josh Gordon back next year, they won't be a pushover by any means. Not to mention we might lose Marvin jones as well.

So far, I'm not liking our offseason one bit. We let hue go and our team starts to get purged. Thanks Mike brown.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

We got spoiled with how healthy Dalton was his first four years.  Back up QB is a pretty important position.

Do you believe AJ McCarron will re-sign to be a back up QB when his contract expires in 2 years ?

More than likely he will leave us empty handed for a starters job elsewhere. Would not blame him either.

Love the kid and would never except a 3rd rounder for him. 

But if good value is offered ? Believe Duke Tobin can fill the spot adequately enough. 

Was on fence before this season on Dalton but am fully supportive of him as the Bengals starting QB now. 

There will be holes to fill this season and a early extra 2nd and 4th would be sweet. 

Not sure they will give this though. But they better do something because they are the worst at drafting QB's. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A 2nd this year and a conditional 3 next year based on playing time.

There is a premium the Browns need to pay when trading in the division.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Do you believe AJ McCarron will re-sign to be a back up QB when his contract expires in 2 years ?

More than likely he will leave us empty handed for a starters job elsewhere. Would not blame him either.

Love the kid and would never except a 3rd rounder for him. 

But if good value is offered ? Believe Duke Tobin can fill the spot adequately enough. 

Was on fence before this season on Dalton but am fully supportive of him as the Bengals starting QB now. 

There will be holes to fill this season and a early extra 2nd and 4th would be sweet. 

Not sure they will give this though. But they better do something because they are the worst at drafting QB's. 

Not to mention that we've been bragging about our A++++ drafting abilities for the past few years.  Are we so sure we couldn't flip the 164th pick we got 2 years out of into an immediate, high-ish drafted starter who can immediately contribute when our starting QB is on the field?

If you have faith in our front office, you believe we can trade a guy who should be on the bench for a guy who is going to help us get over this 25 year hump.  Plus, trading QBs to Hue leads to upwswings!  Duh!
Reply/Quote
As soon as Hue was hired, it was announced Johnny Football was OUT......so I can see Hue wanting AJ McCarron who threw the TD to win play-offs for Bengals in decasdes...only to have a few players act stupid and give the game away. ...McCarron did his part and he had won that game, Steelers did nothing to mount a comeback, we just gave them 30 yards in dumb penalties to make game winning kick. ....McCarron should be first Play-off win QB since Esiason...I can see Hue wanting him.

McCarron looks pretty good, and I don't like the idea of playing him twice a year...I would not trade him inside the AFC North for even a 1st round pick. He will come back and beat our brains in and make us regret trading him inside the AFC North.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
McCarron will eventually be better than Dalton...no thanks. McCarron has better poise and arm strength then Dalton...he just needs the game to slow down for him which will come. My hope is the Bengals keep both in 2016 and trade Dalton leading into the 2017 season.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I would take Joey Bosa and their second round pick for Andy

Interesting to see how the Bengals see things. They know better than me. But it is real interesting that Jackson wants McCarron.

Oh...wow....
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:07 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: McCarron will eventually be better than Dalton...no thanks. McCarron has better poise and arm strength then Dalton...he just needs the game to slow down for him which will come. My hope is the Bengals keep both in 2016 and trade Dalton leading into the 2017 season.

Oh make it stop. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Haden has made AJ Green his ***** for eternity now. Also was a Pro Bowler in 2014.

Reputation goes a long way, and there are 14 other games you should watch Haden in. Not impressive at all. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I would take Joey Bosa and their second round pick for Andy

I would say offering a third is kinda wanting him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:12 PM)McC Wrote: I would say offering a third is kinda wanting him.

Like I said, if the Bengals say no to a 3rd, Hue will offer more if he thinks McCarron can be a franchise QB.

Offering a 3rd doesn't say a whole lot though. He could just want insurance in case he can't find something better right away.

Manziel is history and McCown will be 37 soon. They need something at QB now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would do it for a third try for a 2nd. Maccaron last 3 games he averaged under 6 yards attempt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What about this....

The Bengals swap 1st round positions with the Browns for AJ McCarron and get a 4th rounder.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like I said, if the Bengals say no to a 3rd, Hue will offer more if he thinks McCarron can be a franchise QB.

Offering a 3rd doesn't say a whole lot though. He could just want insurance in case he can't find something better right away.

Manziel is history and McCown will be 37 soon. They need something at QB now.

3rd probably is just an opening offer.  The Browns MAY really be all-in on Hue and let him up the ante, but  how much?  Someone pointed out a 3rd and a conditional based upon playing time (er...I think it was Lucie) sounds fitting.  
Reply/Quote