Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-16-2016, 03:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like I said, if the Bengals say no to a 3rd, Hue will offer more if he thinks McCarron can be a franchise QB.

Offering a 3rd doesn't say a whole lot though. He could just want insurance in case he can't find something better right away.

Manziel is history and McCown will be 37 soon. They need something at QB now.

Let the haggling begin.

AJ filled in admirably, given the circumstances, but he hardly seemed irreplaceable.  He's a lot like Andy was as a rookie and it took Andy four more years to get where he is now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What about this....

The Bengals swap 1st round positions with the Browns for AJ McCarron and get a 4th rounder.

[Image: 20024028.jpg]

Anywho, call me an optimist but I think it's MORE likely we can draft someone who can be a full-time starter and help us out than it is that AJ fills in to keep a meaningful run alive in the next 2 years. Get picks now, or watch him walk in 2 years...I wanna live in the now!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Mike Brown will get close to maximum value for AJM.

We won't get a 1 for him. Not enough work on tape.

But it's reasonable to get 2 picks for a franchise Qb. And a 2nd being one of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 3rd probably is just an opening offer.  The Browns MAY really be all-in on Hue and let him up the ante, but  how much?  Someone pointed out a 3rd and a conditional based upon playing time (er...I think it was Lucie) sounds fitting.  

I'm iffy on a 3rd. If he offers their 32nd overall pick, I think we'd be fools to say no.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm iffy on a 3rd. If he offers their 32nd overall pick, I think we'd be fools to say no.

There's enough QB talent in this draft you can get a similar player to AJM 5-7 anyways. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm iffy on a 3rd. If he offers their 32nd overall pick, I think we'd be fools to say no.

I think 2 in 2016 and conditional 3rd in 2017.

Both sides improve. But for a franchise Qb that may even be a little light.

I hope the Rams reach out about him. He would fit the type of Qb fisher likes.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think 2 in 2016 and conditional 3rd in 2017.  

Both sides improve.    But for a franchise Qb that may even be a little light.

I hope the Rams reach out about him.   He would fit the type of Qb fisher likes.

Bad? 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: xffy9.jpg]

Off-topic here, but your signature has a 9th place and 6th place ribbon...sadly, not once in the Mike Brown era has our team finished that high.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think 2 in 2016 and conditional 3rd in 2017.  

Both sides improve.    But for a franchise Qb that may even be a little light.

I hope the Rams reach out about him.   He would fit the type of Qb fisher likes.

I'd rather see him end up on the Browns with Hue.  I feel like Hue would pay more because he obviously wants AJ and it's an in division trade.  Plus, if we are worried about the Browns becoming "too good" we aren't going all the way, anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Bad? 

Bad is way too harsh.  Undeveloped is more fitting.  If you closed the book on any QB who looked bad after 5 starts, you not might have many around.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:54 PM)McC Wrote: Bad is way too harsh.  Undeveloped is more fitting.  If you closed the book on any QB who looked bad after 5 starts, you not might have many around.

I assumed he was ripping more on Fisher than AJ.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assumed he was ripping more on Fisher than AJ.

This is correct.
Fisher isn't exactly known for his QB evaluating abilities. He ruined Vince Young
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There's enough QB talent in this draft you can get a similar player to AJM 5-7 anyways. 

Or he could get a qb similar to dalton in round 2 by that logic. No sense trading anything.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:14 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Or he could get a qb similar to dalton in round 2 by that logic.  No sense trading anything.

Actually, by that logic we could trade AJ to the Browns for a high 3rd round pick and draft another Dalton to be the backup.
Reply/Quote
Since no trades can take place until the new league year begins in March, why would the Browns be offering anything in mid January? Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This is correct.
Fisher isn't exactly known for his QB evaluating abilities. He ruined Vince Young

My bad.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Since no trades can take place until the new league year begins in March, why would the Browns be offering anything in mid January?  Mellow

Teams talk all the time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What about this....

The Bengals swap 1st round positions with the Browns for AJ McCarron and get a 4th rounder.

I would do that trade in a second. If we get anything like this they might call the police for robbing them.
Reply/Quote
phhh a 3rd. no way. we are a pretty deep team. a 3rd rounder does us no good. we learned this year the backup qb is valuable.
Reply/Quote
A lot of you guys are asking for more then a third which is good but still not enough. This is a division trade, lack of promising QBs on the market this year and a lack of promising QBs in the draft and we should be asking for a lot.

A 1st this year and a 3rd next year.
Reply/Quote