Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it
On Facebook that center James Daniels has been telling people he's coming to Cincinnati ,looks like I got to make a new mock draft.
Reply/Quote
Fine with me if Daniels is Pollack's guy. Daniels will be ready to go come OTA's, is a great techinician, extemely young
and can put on that core strength in the weight room that is needed. He might just fit what Lazor and Pollack are trying
to run better than Ragnow who knows.
Reply/Quote
Not speaking about the validity of this, but Daniels is built for a zone blocking scheme and that's the plan with Pollock apparently so it would make sense. They met with all the top Centers so whatever the decision is I trust they did their homework.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:06 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: On Facebook that center James Daniels has been telling people he's coming to Cincinnati ,looks like I got to make a new mock drafts
So some random guy on Facebook said that Daniels has told people he is 100% coming to Cincinnati even though he could be drafted before pick #21 and the fact that the Bengals don't have a clue who could slide and still be available? I get throwing out some names and hearing some people in the know saying there is a strong chance they take him if he is on the board but this seems like the normal silly season stuff that comes out from left field.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not speaking about the validity of this, but Daniels is built for a zone blocking scheme and that's the plan with Pollock apparently so it would make sense. They met with all the top Centers so whatever the decision is I trust they did their homework.

I agree, whatever they pick i am fine with it. Sounds like it is between Ragnow or Daniels right now.

Daniels is more built for a ZBS so this does correlate. This is only Facebook though so take it with a grain of salt.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:24 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: So some random guy on Facebook said that Daniels has told people he is 100% coming to Cincinnati even though he could be drafted before pick #21 and the fact that the Bengals don't have a clue who could slide and still be available? I get throwing out some names and hearing some people in the know saying there is a strong chance they take him if he is on the board but this seems like the normal silly season stuff that comes out from left field.
It was some sports guy on Twitter they got the info from ,I'm going with it. Where there's smoke there's fire,and I got a screenshot of some other sports guy from a couple weeks ago saying Bengals LOVE daniels. So I'm all in.
Reply/Quote
Just looked at the name,the guys name is a Waldo_Roren I'll check him out myself and see if he's some beat writer
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:42 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Just looked at the name,the guys name is a Waldo_Roren I'll check him out myself and see if he's some beat writer

Where’s Waldo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's one of the "big 3". Just really young. Hard to imagine a 20 year old handling the likes of the big NT's in the division.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Cincyjungle mentioned the same thing
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/4/24/17275078/nfl-draft-rumors-bengals-offensive-line-strategy-ragnow-price-mcglinchey-miller-daniels-wynn
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's one of the "big 3". Just really young. Hard to imagine a 20 year old handling the likes of the big NT's in the division.

Who are the "big NT's" again? That is a dated view of the division that people keep throwing out and it isn't reality anymore. Browns don't run a 3-4 anymore and the Steelers use a 305 pound nose tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:24 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: So some random guy on Facebook said that Daniels has told people he is 100% coming to Cincinnati even though he could be drafted before pick #21 and the fact that the Bengals don't have a clue who could slide and still be available? I get throwing out some names and hearing some people in the know saying there is a strong chance they take him if he is on the board but this seems like the normal silly season stuff that comes out from left field.

all that means is of all the interviews he went too it seemed the bengals were the most interested
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Cincyjungle mentioned the same thing
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/4/24/17275078/nfl-draft-rumors-bengals-offensive-line-strategy-ragnow-price-mcglinchey-miller-daniels-wynn

Wasn't it some weatherman in Alabama that started the rumor about 'Tez getting traded to the Raiders, and a lot of people ran with it?  Just sayin' that it sounds a bit contrived, like typical draft week bullshit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wasn't it some weatherman in Alabama that started the rumor about 'Tez getting traded to the Raiders, and a lot of people ran with it?  Just sayin' that it sounds a bit contrived, like typical draft week bullshit.

I imagine it is.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Who are the "big NT's" again? That is a dated view of the division that people keep throwing out and it isn't reality anymore. Browns don't run a 3-4 anymore and the Steelers use a 305 pound nose tackle.

B. Williams (Baltimore). Cleveland did trade their big one, and I thought Hargraves was bigger than that. Point taken.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Who are the "big NT's" again? That is a dated view of the division that people keep throwing out and it isn't reality anymore. Browns don't run a 3-4 anymore and the Steelers use a 305 pound nose tackle.

305 is big enough.  I know plenty of 300 guys that can pull a semi with a harness, and no hand rope assistance.  The point is, some Centers don't do well when covered by a large man head up on them.  Daniels is likely one of those guys.  He's going to be great at doubling down with a Guard, and chipping off to the next level type of stuff, even has the agility for Center pulls.  But, put a big man in his face, and he's going to look like Bodine out there.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 07:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: B. Williams (Baltimore). Cleveland did trade their big one, and I thought Hargraves was bigger than that. Point taken.

Brandon Williams looks like a big sumbitch out there no doubt and the Stains run a hybrid Defense.

Could change though, still, have to be prepared for the big uglies in the AFC North. Don't care if it is dated.

(04-24-2018, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 305 is big enough.  I know plenty of 300 guys that can pull a semi with a harness, and no hand rope assistance.  The point is, some Centers don't do well when covered by a large man head up on them.  Daniels is likely one of those guys.  He's going to be great at doubling down with a Guard, and chipping off to the next level type of stuff, even has the agility for Center pulls.  But, put a big man in his face, and he's going to look like Bodine out there.

Agreed and this is my concern with Daniels as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brandon Williams looks like a big sumbitch out there no doubt and the Stains run a hybrid Defense.

Could change though, still, have to be prepared for the big uglies in the AFC North. Don't care if it is dated.

Agreed and this is my concern with Daniels as well.

And, for the record, the Bengals will face a 3-4 front 8 times this season.  You can find the link on Wiki, via google search.  They list all the 3-4 teams.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh x 2
Indianapolis
Oakland
Kansas City
Denver

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, for the record, the Bengals will face a 3-4 front 8 times this season.  You can find the link on Wiki, via google search.  They list all the 3-4 teams.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh x 2
Indianapolis
Oakland
Kansas City
Denver

So, half the time. That is it, i want Ragnarok.

You hear me people! Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So, half the time. That is it, i want Ragnarok.

You hear me people! Wink

Me too!  Frank The Tank in stripes!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote