Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it the Bengals made an appearance
...on the Johnny Manziel Show.

Rant

I've been surfing all day for Bengal love. Between Greg & Jerruh's Bruiseapalooza Slideshow and Lil' Johnny's Special Big Night, the Bengals once again are relegated to the back pages. Unfricking real. Eight-and-oh well. Are they already topped out on Andy's story? Now they're like, "Well, they did beat the Broncos on Monday night." Now? Our guys' story gets flushed for a Browneyes scrub who pirouettes and chest bumps an imaginary friend? Grrr!

Why isn't Andy doing a commercial where he's another Andy? Huh? You think America isn't ready for another lovable redhead? It is. So what's up?

Why ain't Ickey two-steppin' for sammiches no more? Hm?

More Bengals, dammit!
Reply/Quote
I turned on Mike and Mike on the way to work. First words I heard were "Johnny Manziel." That took up a whole segment. THEN, back from commercial, guess the content. Johnny Manziel, and they had the exact conversation about him that they did before the break.
Reply/Quote
Tim Tebow has had more NFL press and love for a player whom has done NOTHING in the league than anybody ever.

Johnny Manziel is in 2nd and may well catch up before it's over. And he's done less than nothing !

Amazing how they latch into a story and pound it into the ground.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a very quick appearance.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't care about media accolades until after we win the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:58 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't care about media accolades until after we win the Superbowl.

Agreed. Let them talk about anyone else.

They have had no reason to talk Manziel all year. They want click bait.
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to genuinely enjoy the hackneyed hate/ignorance/disrespect by the media. It's funny to me. Marvin Lewis could invent a cold fusion reactor, cure cancer, and solve world hunger on the same day...the story would still be some smoke up the ass about the Cowboys or Peyton Manning or whoever.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They have had no reason to talk Manziel all year.   

Well, not since rehab anyway. 

Or his pending domestic violence thingy.

But he did manage to not run his coach's plays. So there's that.
Reply/Quote
I, for one, love it. Let us fly under the radar up until we're one of four or two teams left.

I did love AD giving Dieon a 14 jersey on the post game- even after Dieon said over and over again he won't give him any credit until he wins a championship, that he hoped he did and if he did he'd don a jersey. Andy smiled and gave him a jersey.

Love it all because we're 8-0. Don't care what the media says.
Reply/Quote
Personality, style and scandal will always draw more attention than subbstance. If Andy were a mostly-talentless idiot like Johnny, he'd be getting all the attention. So, Johnny's welcomed to the spotlight. He'll be an afterthought in this game soon enough.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:02 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm starting to genuinely enjoy the hackneyed hate/ignorance/disrespect by the media.  It's funny to me.  Marvin Lewis could invent a cold fusion reactor, cure cancer, and solve world hunger on the same day...the story would still be some smoke up the ass about the Cowboys or Peyton Manning or whoever.

It all depends where you listen  PK and Miller on Sirius NFL radio. Brought up some great that this team is damn good and understands that they have to have 14 to 15 wins fo a home playoff game and they are good enough and mature enough that they need no motivation from Marv to get there

They never mention the win a playoff game garbage.
Reply/Quote
If you don't finally realize that radio and media analysts are going to play to beg markets, you're in for a lifetime of disappointment. I've heard over and over again segments on NFL radio where the hosts announce they are going to talk Bengals, but no one calls in so they take call from the usual teams fans wanting to talk Stoolers, Broncos, Cowboys. It's a numbers game.......
Reply/Quote
Isn't it funny how every week, we stay undefeated, and all they have to say is: "Do you believe in the Bengals?"

EVERY WEEK. It's comical
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I turned on Mike and Mike on the way to work. First words I heard were "Johnny Manziel." That took up a whole segment. THEN, back from commercial, guess the content. Johnny Manziel, and they had the exact conversation about him that they did before the break.

I listened and share your sentiments, but you have to admit that Golic is a bit of a Tyler Eifert jock-rider.  He was saying that Eifert is a better athlete than Gronk yesterday.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 01:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I listened and share your sentiments, but you have to admit that Golic is a bit of a Tyler Eifert jock-rider.  He was saying that Eifert is a better athlete than Gronk yesterday.  

They both went to Notre Dame.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 02:20 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: They both went to Notre Dame.

Gronk has 15 pounds on Eifert, but both are 6'6".
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:40 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: ...on the Johnny Manziel Show.

Rant

I've been surfing all day for Bengal love. Between Greg & Jerruh's Bruiseapalooza Slideshow and Lil' Johnny's Special Big Night, the Bengals once again are relegated to the back pages. Unfricking real. Eight-and-oh well. Are they already topped out on Andy's story? Now they're like, "Well, they did beat the Broncos on Monday night." Now? Our guys' story gets flushed for a Browneyes scrub who pirouettes and chest bumps an imaginary friend? Grrr!

Why isn't Andy doing a commercial where he's another Andy? Huh? You think America isn't ready for another lovable redhead? It is. So what's up?

Why ain't Ickey two-steppin' for sammiches no more? Hm?

More Bengals, dammit!

It does get frustrating Shrimp.

But i guess we have to love flying under the radar as always.

We shouldn't have to with this team but it is what it is until we win the Superbowl.

Which we will very soon.

But i agree, more Bengals damn it, gotta get my fix.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 01:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I listened and share your sentiments, but you have to admit that Golic is a bit of a Tyler Eifert jock-rider.  He was saying that Eifert is a better athlete than Gronk yesterday.  

(11-07-2015, 02:20 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: They both went to Notre Dame.

(11-07-2015, 02:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Gronk has 15 pounds on Eifert, but both are 6'6".

Awesome that we can start comparing Gronk and Eifert now. I honestly think that Eifert runs better routes, is quicker,
faster and has better hands than Gronk. Gronk just weighs more as BG says here. We will see how it goes but these two
should be competing for the #1 TE crown for years to come.

Still early but you have to love the season that Eifert is having right now.

On pace for 18 TD's...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 01:28 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Isn't it funny how every week, we stay undefeated, and all they have to say is:  "Do you believe in the Bengals?"

EVERY WEEK.  It's comical

I hate to say it, but I get it. After dominating their opponents at home in 2013 by going 8-0 with an average score of about 34-17, a lot of people started to believe in this team and they tanked badly. This team will have to prove themselves every week. If they win, they will gain a little more respect and faith. If they lose - especially to any of their remaining opponents outside of Arizona or Denver - they will lose far more of that respect and faith than they have gained in any single week.

Is it fair? No.

Does it matter? No.

This is a hell of a ride and one we should most definitely enjoy it but the lasting legacy of this unprecedented start to the season will be determined by what happens in that first playoff game. Lose and the great swell of pride this regular season has provided will melt away into a hollow shell of itself. Win and this team becomes a part of Bengals lore that we will proudly talk about for decades (even moreso with each win they add thereafter). Until then, let's just continue to have fun with this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:58 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't care about media accolades until after we win the Superbowl.

Don't expect many then Bonnie.

It will be that they won in spite of their weaknesses..... AND/OR .......if they can do this again next year, then I will be a believer.
Reply/Quote