Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it
(04-24-2018, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 305 is big enough.  I know plenty of 300 guys that can pull a semi with a harness, and no hand rope assistance.  The point is, some Centers don't do well when covered by a large man head up on them.  Daniels is likely one of those guys.  He's going to be great at doubling down with a Guard, and chipping off to the next level type of stuff, even has the agility for Center pulls.  But, put a big man in his face, and he's going to look like Bodine out there.

300 is average for DTs if that’s the barometer then he can’t block anyone and wouldn’t be a first round pick. There is this assumption the guy can’t block anyone, it’s kind of getting out of hand.
Reply/Quote
He's my favorite prospect so I fully expect us to pass on him if he's available. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:06 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: On Facebook that center James Daniels has been telling people he's coming to Cincinnati ,looks like I got to make a new mock draft.

I would not be disappointed at all.  We could get price at guard in 2nd. 
Griffin at linebacker and donte Jackson cb, in 3rd
Jamarco Jones at tackle in 4th

That gives us starting center, guard, linebacker help for 1st four games, Griffin would be a damn good safety too. 

And another top corner back prospect for the secoundary.
Reply/Quote
I think we go Daniels or Ragnow.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing Daniels is saying that the highest team that has showed him the strongest interest is Cincy.

The draft is littered with players who say that "team X has told me Im their pick if im there"

And 90% of the time they are wrong.
Reply/Quote
I found the following tweet. Is this all smoke and mirrors. Just thought this was interesting if true.

James Daniels has been telling everyone that he’s going to Cincinnati, per source. Not specified if he was just predicting based off interest or they told him they would pick him at 21, but that’s what Daniels has been saying to people.

10:42 AM - Apr 24, 2018
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So, half the time. That is it, i want Ragnarok.

You hear me people! Wink

Ragnow is the dancing Polar Bear the Bengals need. Price would be the consolation prize in round 2, if Alexander is there at 21.

But Alexander will be gone by 21, so Ragnow!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fine with me if Daniels is Pollack's guy. Daniels will be ready to go come OTA's, is a great techinician, extemely young
and can put on that core strength in the weight room that is needed. He might just fit what Lazor and Pollack are trying
to run better than Ragnow who knows.

Not me.  I want bigger, stronger, not faster out of my center.  When I hear: "needs to add strength", I don't think immediate starter for our offensive line.  That makes me think of what we are trying to eliminate, that is, people getting shoved back in to Dalton's lap.  

I don't see Daniels as the Bengals choice.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 01:16 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I found the following tweet. Is this all smoke and mirrors. Just thought this was interesting if true.

James Daniels has been telling everyone that he’s going to Cincinnati, per source. Not specified if he was just predicting based off interest or they told him they would pick him at 21, but that’s what Daniels has been saying to people.

10:42 AM - Apr 24, 2018

I understand the kids excitement, but he really shouldn't tweet rumors. He won't know until he knows. Someone could grab him ahead of us, or we could take someone else.
Reply/Quote
Source of tweet?

Players can say what teams have the seemed to show the most interest, but they have no way of knowing what team is going to pick them.

Even if the Bengals were ga-ga for Daniels they probably would not tell him he was their pick. They like to keep that info secret.

Sounds more like Danials is trying to get a team to move ahead of the Bengals to take him, but I don't see him as being so exclusive that a team would trade up for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 07:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not me.  I want bigger, stronger, not faster out of my center.  When I hear: "needs to add strength", I don't think immediate starter for our offensive line.  That makes me think of what we are trying to eliminate, that is, people getting shoved back in to Dalton's lap.  

I don't see Daniels as the Bengals choice.  

I don't either, just saying if he is Pollack's choice i am all for it.

But he won't be, it will be Ragnow i am pretty damn sure.

Or McGlinchey if he falls.
Reply/Quote
My guess is, one of the best ways to not get drafted by an NFL team is to get on social media and tell everyone that team is drafting you.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:43 PM)Benton Wrote: My guess is, one of the best ways to not get drafted by an NFL team is to get on social media and tell everyone that team is drafting you.

Daniels is out, Ragnow is in. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:43 PM)Benton Wrote: My guess is, one of the best ways to not get drafted by an NFL team is to get on social media and tell everyone that team is drafting you.

Remember the Whole Sanu being drafted by us (in the First)    but we just waiting till the 3rd lol
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't either, just saying if he is Pollack's choice i am all for it.

But he won't be, it will be Ragnow i am pretty damn sure.

Or McGlinchey if he falls.

Ragnow Probly with price as the 2nd option for OC...

Just interested if someone else falls   to they
1. Take a trade back a few spots and still get one of the OC's
2.  Take the player(that Fell) and hope one of the OCs is still there in 25 picks

we make a lot of our roster from day 2 picks.... so another one of those wont hurt... (and all the day 3 picks help us move a little if we want on day 2 at least)
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 03:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ragnow Probly with price as the 2nd option for OC...

Just interested if someone else falls   to they
1. Take a trade back a few spots and still get one of the OC's
2.  Take the player(that Fell) and hope one of the OCs is still there in 25 picks

we make a lot of our roster from day 2 picks....  so another one of those wont hurt... (and all the day 3 picks help us move a little if we want on day 2 at least)

I think if someone like Quenton Nelson or Edmunds falls to us we take them and try to trade up tomorrow and get Price.

Ragnow will be gone today pretty sure to either us, the Patriots, Panthers, Falcons or Vikings.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think if someone like Quenton Nelson or Edmunds falls to us we take them and try to trade up tomorrow and get Price.

Ragnow will be gone today pretty sure to either us, the Patriots, Panthers, Falcons or Vikings.

seen the patriots linked to Lamar Jackson
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: seen the patriots linked to Lamar Jackson

Really? Kind of surprises me.

Mason Rudolph seems much more likely in my eyes.

Could be wrong though, maybe they think Lamar has a higher ceiling.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really? Kind of surprises me.

Mason Rudolph seems much more likely in my eyes.

Could be wrong though, maybe they think Lamar has a higher ceiling.

wait maybe I got it wrong it was the Ravens for Lamar...   Patriots for that OT no one here wants Kolton Miller?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wait maybe I got it wrong it was the Ravens for Lamar...   Patriots for that OT no one here wants Kolton Miller?

Makes more sense. Miller actually fits the Pats, he is a good pass protector and they are a pass first Offense and just
lost Solder. Kolton Miller just does not fit us, he is a LT that has little bend and is not a good run blocker.

McGlinchey is the guy at 21 if he is there he can run block, if not, it should be Ragnow.
Reply/Quote