Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This COULD happen
This COULD happen...and I would be pretty pumped if it did. Although many teams rave about him, many teams drafting ahead of the Bengals have bigger needs and this would be seen as a luxury item. If Derwin James fell to #21, the Bengals would have to deny the temptation likely to come from other teams (hang up on pissburgh) to trade out and draft him.

I would be thrilled if this happened. In 10% of the Mocks I have read on NFL.com, he slid to 21.

"So you're saying there's a chance"

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21: James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14: Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (B-)
Round 3 Pick 13: Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 36: Dawson, Duke, CB, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12: Christian, Geron, OT, Louisville (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Pineiro, Eddy, K, Florida (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (B-)
Round 5 Pick 33: Nickerson, Parry, CB, Tulane (A)
Round 7 Pick 31: Ostman, Joe, DE/OLB, Central Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34: ValdesScantling, Marquez, WR, South Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35: McCray, Mike, OLB, Michigan (A+)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marquez ValdezScantling is a guy I really really would like to see them pick late. 6’5” receiver that ran a 4.37 40? In the 7th round, sign me up.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 08:52 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Marquez ValdezScantling is a guy I really really would like to see them pick late. 6’5” receiver that ran a 4.37 40? In the 7th round, sign me up.

Slim 2.0?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 08:52 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Marquez ValdezScantling is a guy I really really would like to see them pick late. 6’5” receiver that ran a 4.37 40? In the 7th round, sign me up.

With the hands of a defensive back...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This COULD happen...and I would be pretty pumped if it did.  Although many teams rave about him, many teams drafting ahead of the Bengals have bigger needs and this would be seen as a luxury item.  If Derwin James fell to #21, the Bengals would have to deny the temptation likely to come from other teams (hang up on pissburgh) to trade out and draft him.

I would be thrilled if this happened.  In 10% of the Mocks I have read on NFL.com, he slid to 21.  

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21:  James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14:  Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (B-)
Round 3 Pick 13:  Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 36:  Dawson, Duke, CB, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12:  Christian, Geron, OT, Louisville (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14:  Pineiro, Eddy, K, Florida (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21:  ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (B-)
Round 5 Pick 33:  Nickerson, Parry, CB, Tulane (A)
Round 7 Pick 31:  Ostman, Joe, DE/OLB, Central Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34:  ValdesScantling, Marquez, WR, South Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35:  McCray, Mike, OLB, Michigan (A+)
Would love Derwin James on this team but I really think he goes top 10. A lot of people think he is better than Minkah. I know crazy things happen in the draft but this would be shocking to see him fall all the way until 21. The Ravens would probably even pass out McGlinchey to get Derwin at 16 if it came down to that option for them. I am still good with your 2nd rounder being our 1st rounder and I think Brown will be a good Right Tackle regardless of what he did at the Combine, tape matters.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:13 AM)Synric Wrote: With the hands of a defensive back...

He has issues but here is a quote about him:

“His issues look coachable to me. You don't know what he was being taught, but he's big and can run so you take that and then just get those routes right." -- Former NFL Pro Bowl receiver

Like Lap said in his and Hoards podcast, with your picks at the End of the 7th round, take guys with potential in order to keep them from going undrafted elsewhere. Having 3 7th round picks is a luxury that allows us to take a flyer on a guy like this.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This COULD happen...and I would be pretty pumped if it did.  Although many teams rave about him, many teams drafting ahead of the Bengals have bigger needs and this would be seen as a luxury item.  If Derwin James fell to #21, the Bengals would have to deny the temptation likely to come from other teams (hang up on pissburgh) to trade out and draft him.

I would be thrilled if this happened.  In 10% of the Mocks I have read on NFL.com, he slid to 21.  

Your Picks:

If we got Derwin in the first and Ragnow in the 2nd, I'll be waking up my kids Friday night from yelling "Super bowl, Super bowl!" at my tv like the Browns fans at the end of Draft Day.
Reply/Quote
Have you been able to talk with your guy about the draft this year?
Reply/Quote
If James is the pick, he could turn into an elite versatile safety. However, he's not a completely safe prospect, which is why he might slip. He could make sense though for this team with the addition of Austin as the DC. If James can be properly groomed, he can become a game-changing defender. Or he could end up being just another guy out there. Luckily, the Bengals have two solid safeties so James wouldn't need to get a TON of snaps immediately and has time to be properly groomed. He reminds me of Taylor Mays, Matt Elam, or Jabrill Peppers. Guys who had/have a ton of potential but haven't (yet) emerged as that elite player that people hoped/thought.

But...do people want to risk the possibility he doesn't develop properly when the Bengals could take a different guy who can be a safe, very solid Day 1 contributor?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:15 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Would love Derwin James on this team but I really think he goes top 10. A lot of people think he is better than Minkah. I know crazy things happen in the draft but this would be shocking to see him fall all the way until 21. The Ravens would probably even pass out McGlinchey to get Derwin at 16 if it came down to that option for them. I am still good with your 2nd rounder being our 1st rounder and I think Brown will be a good Right Tackle regardless of what he did at the Combine, tape matters.

If I trusted the coaches to actually develop a player that had elite potential, I'd go James. However, I've seen a decent number of players not develop properly under coaches in the Marvin Lewis era, so I have my doubts, and therefore I would go Minkah Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick may have a slightly lower ceiling than James, but his floor is higher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Frank Ragnow and Ronnie Harrison is much more likely and i would love it.
Reply/Quote

Me, too. HERE  I don't like the way he catches a lot of balls, but he can get coached up on that. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

Your Picks:

I love Dawson.  I really do.  I also love Pineiro.  Of course I love Frank "Rag-Doll" Rangow...   Shocked
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote