Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rumor mill - Cordy Glenn potentially available in trade for late-round consideration

If true, would this make it even more enticing for the Bengals to pursue Glenn? And do you think the Bengals have or would even consider giving up a late-round pick for Glenn?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
If true, would this make it even more enticing for the Bengals to pursue Glenn? And do you think the Bengals have or would even consider giving up a late-round pick for Glenn?

I don't think the pick would be the issue. As you've mentioned in other threads it'll be Glenn's contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Synric Wrote:I don't think the pick would be the issue. As you've mentioned in other threads it'll be Glenn's contract.

Someone did the math considering the bonus money the Bills would be stuck with, dropping Cincy to paying about 9M/yr.  You aren't going to find a starting tackle of his caliber on the market at that cost.  If the ankle is an issue, they cut him after a year with little to no loss.  Other than the "late round" pick.  They need to seriously look at that, still draft youth and figure out where to put them later.  
Reply/Quote
I think this would be a very smart move by us, hence why we are not mentioned and the Colts are.

Cordy Glenn is proven and would free up the early picks a bit so we could get Edmunds or Roquan at 12.

In the 2nd or 3rd pick up Frank Ragnow and we are looking pretty decent. Pollack would have some nice pieces to work with.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are waiting until the new league year to start discussing trades. Too little too late by the way things are going this offseason. These trades are coming fast.

I'm kind of surprised the league is allowing this.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 03:07 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't think the pick would be the issue. As you've mentioned in other threads it'll be Glenn's contract.

We have plenty of late round ammo... to make a move like this.
Reply/Quote
He's good, but he's had a rough 2 years of foot/ankle injuries. His contract is not outrageous, given they offered 10M to Whit and he's only 28.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7482/cordy-glenn

But he is a Bulldog, so that may help.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 06:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's good, but he's had a rough 2 years of foot/ankle injuries. His contract is not outrageous, given they offered 10M to Whit and he's only 28.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7482/cordy-glenn

Well if healthy might be worth the risk....  though don't wanna invest a lot in a potential IR buddy for eifert lol
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 06:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think the Bengals are waiting until the new league year to start discussing trades. Too little too late by the way things are going this offseason. These trades are coming fast.

I'm kind of surprised the league is allowing this.

Why would that matter? Would trading for Glenn before the start of the new league year somehow impact the remaining 2017 cap (which is $11 million)?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nah. these trades aren't official. I just don't remember so many trades being announced this early before the new league year starts.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 06:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nah. these trades aren't official. I just don't remember so many trades being announced this early before the new league year starts.

The NFL offseason has been changing over the course of the past few years. I won't be surprised when we reach the point of having an agreed trade a day after the Super Bowl .
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 01:56 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The NFL offseason has been changing over the course of the past few years. I won't be surprised when we reach the point of having an agreed trade a day after the Super Bowl .

I agree. It's getting aggressive which doesn't fair well for the stagnant Bengals since we really don't do much to begin with.

Reply/Quote
We should be all over this imho, no excuse at all. Salary is fine we can take it and no real risk really in terms of being able to cut in it doesn't pan out. Its too much of a sensible move for the Bengals to ever be on top of imo.
Reply/Quote
If it were me, I'd trade a 5th or even 4th rounder to Buffalo for Glenn assuming they covered the remainder of guaranteed money and therefore the cap hit went down as was outlined in another thread.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 04:09 PM)phil413 Wrote: Someone did the math considering the bonus money the Bills would be stuck with, dropping Cincy to paying about 9M/yr.  You aren't going to find a starting tackle of his caliber on the market at that cost.  If the ankle is an issue, they cut him after a year with little to no loss.  Other than the "late round" pick.  They need to seriously look at that, still draft youth and figure out where to put them later.  

Except for losing (what would be) a key part of the line this season (if the ankle is an issue).
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 11:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If it were me, I'd trade a 5th or even 4th rounder to Buffalo for Glenn assuming they covered the remainder of guaranteed money and therefore the cap hit went down as was outlined in another thread.

Sounds great but will the Bills take that ? 

Was a big fan of drafting him along with several others on here. So am down with it if his injury is not an issue.

If they want more do you take him in trade for swapping 1st round slots with Bills throwing in another later round pick ?

Personally I would if necessary and then draft Wynn at their spot. OL fixed for most part and draft is free to do whatever you want from then on.  

Would rather get him for 4th or 5th as you suggested though. But would still aggressively pursue deal per being our biggest need. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd pass. He's really not very good anymore. There's a reason the Bills are punting on him because his salary isn't terrible.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 01:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sounds great but will the Bills take that ? 

Was a big fan of drafting him along with several others on here. So am down with it if his injury is not an issue.

If they want more do you take him in trade for swapping 1st round slots with Bills throwing in another later round pick ?

Personally I would if necessary and then draft Wynn at their spot. OL fixed for most part and draft is free to do whatever you want from then on.  

Would rather get him for 4th or 5th as you suggested though. But would still aggressively pursue deal per being our biggest need. 

Well if the rumor that they will take "late-round" considerations is true, then yes, they should take a 4th or 5th.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 11:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If it were me, I'd trade a 5th or even 4th rounder to Buffalo for Glenn assuming they covered the remainder of guaranteed money and therefore the cap hit went down as was outlined in another thread.

Same here, i still think this would be our best move. Get Cordy Glenn.
Reply/Quote
Ochocincos, you the man.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote