Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rumor mill - Cordy Glenn potentially available in trade for late-round consideration
(03-08-2018, 01:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sounds great but will the Bills take that ? 

Was a big fan of drafting him along with several others on here. So am down with it if his injury is not an issue.

If they want more do you take him in trade for swapping 1st round slots with Bills throwing in another later round pick ?

Personally I would if necessary and then draft Wynn at their spot. OL fixed for most part and draft is free to do whatever you want from then o
n.  

Would rather get him for 4th or 5th as you suggested though. But would still aggressively pursue deal per being our biggest need. 

Hopefully called it if Wynn is picked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hopefully called it if Wynn is picked

Think we'll take Hernandez before Wynn. 
Reply/Quote
Great trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 02:09 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Think we'll take Hernandez before Wynn. 

Do you think Hernandez lasts until 21. 

That is part of the equation, either way I would take Wynn still but would be happy either way.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The trade value for 12 overall was 1200 points. 21 overall was 800 points. Difference 400 points.
Then the Bengals got BUF 5th rounder and BUF got Bengals 6th rounder. 27.8 points vs 16.2 points. Difference of 11.2 points.

400-11.2 = 388.8 points for Cordy Glenn, the equivalent of around 50th overall pick.

While not quite the late rounder that was being rumored, I think the Bengals still got a good value if he can remain healthy because it seems to be harder and harder to find a good LT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The trade value for 12 overall was 1200 points. 21 overall was 800 points. Difference 400 points.
Then the Bengals got BUF 5th rounder and BUF got Bengals 6th rounder. 27.8 points vs 16.2 points. Difference of 11.2 points.

400-11.2 = 388.8 points for Cordy Glenn, the equivalent of around 50th overall pick.

While not quite the late rounder that was being rumored, I think the Bengals still got a good value if he can remain healthy because it seems to be harder and harder to find a good LT.

Yep, picked up a former 1st round selection at a position of need to us while still getting a 1st round pick 9 spots later. Moved from 6th to 5th round as well. 

Think Bengals got great value if he is healthy. 

Dalton is already sleeping better. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The trade value for 12 overall was 1200 points. 21 overall was 800 points. Difference 400 points.

Great call brother, this was the move i was hoping for but doubted it would happen.
Happy the FO proved me wrong and thanks for the details. Rock On

(03-13-2018, 11:11 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, picked up a former 1st round selection at a position of need to us while still getting a 1st round pick 9 spots later. Moved from 6th to 5th round as well. 

Think Bengals got great value if he is healthy. 

Dalton is already sleeping better. 

For sure and as Ocho said, it is getting harder and harder to find good LT's in the Draft anymore.

Cordy Glenn's don't just grow on trees.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great call brother, this was the move i was hoping for but doubted it would happen.
Happy the FO proved me wrong and thanks for the details. Rock On

For sure and as Ocho said, it is getting harder and harder to find good LT's in the Draft anymore.

Cordy Glenn's don't just grow on trees.

Yea, in a mock scenario about a month or so ago, I looked up actually trading back to 21/22 from 12. I thought it made sense to send 21 and 53 to CIN for 12 overall. There was a difference there of 1200 pts (12th overall) vs 1170 points (21st + 53rd). Pretty close trade in terms of trade value chart.

As you quoted me earlier, the Bengals essentially got Glenn for 389 points, which would have been right around the same as if they would have given the Bengals 53 overall. Would the Bengals have gotten a player of Cordy Glenn's caliber at 53 overall? Likely not. But obviously Glenn's cap hit is higher than 53 overall pick would command.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
One thing I really like about this is that there's no learning curve. If he's healthy, he's ready to go. Would a rookie be? Maybe, maybe not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea, in a mock scenario about a month or so ago, I looked up actually trading back to 21/22 from 12. I thought it made sense to send 21 and 53 to CIN for 12 overall. There was a difference there of 1200 pts (12th overall) vs 1170 points (21st + 53rd). Pretty close trade in terms of trade value chart.

As you quoted me earlier, the Bengals essentially got Glenn for 389 points, which would have been right around the same as if they would have given the Bengals 53 overall. Would the Bengals have gotten a player of Cordy Glenn's caliber at 53 overall? Likely not. But obviously Glenn's cap hit is higher than 53 overall pick would command.

Yeah, very good value and a proven player unlike a 53rd Draft pick. Fantastic move. :andy:

(03-13-2018, 06:30 PM)McC Wrote: One thing I really like about this is that there's no learning curve.  If he's healthy, he's ready to go.  Would a rookie be?  Maybe, maybe not.

We all know that, just look at that last rookie OT we drafted. It is just a crapshoot man, you never know how a player is
going to turn out in the NFL. That is why it is better to add some proven NFL players through FA or just like we did in this
trade.
Reply/Quote