Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumors of Hearst
Panthers are looking to maybe trade him since he has not done much there in that disaster. From what I hear, we could get him for the rest of the season for less than a mil, and figure 24 later. Might be the piece we need to get the offense moving. Chatter online...we'll see
Reply/Quote
He's coming out of retirement? He's been out of the game for two decades! I mean, we need a RB and all, but I would've gone for someone younger...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure, I'm betting that Burrow would welcome Hayden HURST back to the team with open arms.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don’t see it. It is way too soon to trade for a guy that bailed this year. Same thoughts on Perine. Out of the two, I would be more inclined to go after Perine.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 07:49 PM)Danimal Wrote: I don’t see it. It is way too soon to trade for a guy that bailed this year. Same thoughts on Perine. Out of the two, I would be more inclined to go after Perine.

This is pure fan thinking (not a compliment).

Football is a business and it would make sense to bring a guy in who knows the system and did well here.  NO ONE except fans begrudge players changing teams for money.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 08:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: Football is a business 

Not really something the FO has been great with over the years. Let's see if they've evolved.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 08:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: This is pure fan thinking (not a compliment).

Football is a business and it would make sense to bring a guy in who knows the system and did well here.  NO ONE except fans begrudge players changing teams for money.

Not really “fan thinking “. More of a realistic assessment. I could care less about your compliments. Seems like a petty statement (not a compliment).
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 08:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: This is pure fan thinking (not a compliment).

Not really “fan thinking “. More of a realistic assessment. I could care less about your compliments. Seems like a petty statement (not a compliment).
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 07:49 PM)Danimal Wrote: I don’t see it. It is way too soon to trade for a guy that bailed this year. Same thoughts on Perine. Out of the two, I would be more inclined to go after Perine.

He didn’t bail. He was given more money to do his job. A matter of the employer undervaluing him. 
Reply/Quote
If they bring back Garrison Hearst, all my masochistic dreams will have come true. A 50-year-old Garrison Hearst? Well now we’re checking literally all the boxes
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 10:13 PM)tms Wrote: If they bring back Garrison Hearst, all my masochistic dreams will have come true. A 50-year-old Garrison Hearst? Well now we’re checking literally all the boxes

I'd rather sign Herschel Walker
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 09:57 PM)125250 Wrote: He didn’t bail. He was given more money to do his job. A matter of the employer undervaluing him. 

The Bengals didnt undervalued Hurst.  He just isnt worth 21.7 million in this offense or maybe any offense.  Carolina is already looking to trade Hurst 6 games in to his 3 year contract.  Im guessing Carolina feels they severely over-valued Hurst or they wouldnt be looking to trade him 6 games in.

I dont blame Hurst for getting as much as he could in free agency.  That was his chance at getting a big pay day at 30 years old.  I dont see the Bengals giving away draft picks to inherit a big contract for a 30 year old TE they wouldnt pay 22 million to in the first place so I doubt a trade happens.  The only way I could see it is if his contract was reworked and/or Carolina ate a large portion of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, I'm betting that Burrow would welcome Hayden HURST back to the team with open arms.

Im sure he would but at some point Burrow needs to get the job done with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and the rest of the talent the Bengals have assembled for Burrow on offense.   They moved Williams to RT where he is playing good.  They got Orlando Brown Jr. who was Mahomes LT.  They got Cappa and Karras who blocked for Brady.   Burrow has been surrounded by a bunch of talent on the offense and yet he goes M.I.A. at times.  There is no reason he shouldnt be able to get the job done with all the talent he already has around him.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, I'm betting that Burrow would welcome Hayden HURST back to the team with open arms.

Yeah I misspelled it.
Reply/Quote
We are not gonna pay $7 mil a year for Hurst AND give up draft capital to do it. That's fan thinking.

Now, a compensatory pick or Jackson Carman for Mike Gesicki? Now you are talking. No money beyond this year. But even that is unlikely.

Why? First, because that isn't how the Bengals roll. We only have 2 in-season trades in forever, and they were both offloads (Dunlap, Palmer). Second, I believe the belief in the building is that we are largely OK and that most of the issues are offensive. And most of those are due to Burrow not being healthy. We are gonna find out in 4 hours if that is true or not. If it is, we likely stand pat. If not, then we lilely have deeper issues that getting Hurst back can fix, and that $7 mil is better spent elsewhere next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 09:57 PM)125250 Wrote: He didn’t bail. He was given more money to do his job. A matter of the new employer overvaluing him. 

Fixed for you.
Reply/Quote
They can have Irv Smith and a late pick get him back
Reply/Quote
Trades I consider at TE:

1) Gesicki from NE. Carman or a 7th. FA,after this year.
2) Dalton Schultz from Texans. Carman or our extra 5th. 1 year left at $3.375 mil.

We are not gonna pay $7 mil for a TE. That money should go towards retaining Tee, Reader, Jonah, Chido, or Boyd.
Reply/Quote