Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run Game
(09-19-2016, 12:43 PM)NKYRob Wrote: This past draft was the deepest at the center position that I can remember in a long time.  Now we have to hope for things to fall our way next year to get a top center prospect (assuming they choose to address it).

all the pieces seemed to be in place  we had to retool the WR depth as the highest priority.   

plus when you go 12-4 while missing 4 games with your starter..(2-2)

It doesn't seem the right time to start a rookie center the next year does it?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: all the pieces seemed to be in place  we had to retool the WR depth as the highest priority.   

plus when you go 12-4 while missing 4 games with your starter..(2-2)

It doesn't seem the right time to start a rookie center the next year does it?

I'm not naive enough to be believe that they could've plugged a rookie center in there and all of our problems would be fixed.  But they could've grabbed one early in the draft as depth/insurance for the future.  There is no way that the play of Bodine so far this year is coming as a surprise to these coaches, as it is what we have consistently seen out of him since day one.  

In his rookie year he gets a pass - young, inexperienced, learning the system.  In his second year you expect to see improvement, which we didn't really see. Now in his third year, we are still not seeing improvement which should be a red flag, and there is nobody behind him that we could be developing.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:39 PM)NKYRob Wrote: I'm not naive enough to be believe that they could've plugged a rookie center in there and all of our problems would be fixed.  But they could've grabbed one early in the draft as depth/insurance for the future.  There is no way that the play of Bodine so far this year is coming as a surprise to these coaches, as it is what we have consistently seen out of him since day one.  

In his rookie year he gets a pass - young, inexperienced, learning the system.  In his second year you expect to see improvement, which we didn't really see. Now in his third year, we are still not seeing improvement which should be a red flag, and there is nobody behind him that we could be developing.  

Maybe he'll be like Hunt and take till his 4th year before he figures it out. LOL

Those contract years seem to get football players to pay attention.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The rain and refs and the running game/Were our downfall yesterday.

Are you writing a sad country song?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:17 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Are you writing a sad country song?

Exactly, this seems to be the apologist thread for all of the OL woes.  I say bullshit!  Bodine sucks ass.  Ogbuiehe is essentially a rookie, he's going to have his ups and downs. (for what it matters, he looked better yesterday than against NY) Zeitler will show his better form.  The asswipe on the OL is and will continue to be Bodine.  (sure, he had a good seal block on a play or two, but he still sucks in general) Until the coaching staff puts an emphasis on the running game, the run game blocking will continue to suck.

Is that enough sucks for the OL in one thread?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bodine actually had a good game per PFF.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the missing ingredient is Tyler Eifert. He is a run blocking beast.
Reply/Quote
This team always goes backwards with the Hill situation. Again Bernard puts up better numbers consistently, but gets half the attempts.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, this seems to be the apologist thread for all of the OL woes.  I say bullshit!  Bodine sucks ass.  Ogbuiehe is essentially a rookie, he's going to have his ups and downs. (for what it matters, he looked better yesterday than against NY) Zeitler will show his better form.  The asswipe on the OL is and will continue to be Bodine.  (sure, he had a good seal block on a play or two, but he still sucks in general) Until the coaching staff puts an emphasis on the running game, the run game blocking will continue to suck.

Is that enough sucks for the OL in one thread?

Why is it the team that invented the no-huddle can't run the ball for 2 yards, set up and snap the ball right the heck now and run it again?  That was the hallmark of the 88 team.  They averaged over 5 yards a carry.  The Bengals offense is forever milling around at the line of scrimmage, Dalton is waiting on a play, then they go through three shifts, a motion and finally they snap the ball almost always to pass it.

Of course, nothing about Marvin's demeanor or physical make up makes me think of perpetual motion.
Reply/Quote