Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run stopping
Not as good today as it was against the Titans. Is it because we are better at stopping power runners like Henry and not faster runners like we faced today?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not as good today as it was against the Titans. Is it because we are better at stopping power runners like Henry and not faster runners like we faced today?

I think the scheme was a lot different.  Deeper zones, LBs further from the line of scrimmage. Ends spread out to rush passer.  Sometimes only 3 rushed.  Against Tennessee it looked like we had 4-6 guys (including LBs and safeties; Hilton was run blitzing sometimes, too) on the line a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:43 PM)BRM13 Wrote: I think the scheme was a lot different.  Deeper zones, LBs further from the line of scrimmage. Ends spread out to rush passer.  Sometimes only 3 rushed.  Against Tennessee it looked like we had 4-6 guys (including LBs and safeties; Hilton was run blitzing sometimes, too) on the line a lot.

Yeah, I guess it comes down to Lou respect Mahomes more than Tannehill
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I guess it comes down to Lou respect Mahomes more than Tannehill

Yes it was the Mahomes/franchise gunslinger effect. You absolutely have to take away the pass and ask them to run it at you and that's what they did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote