Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how do we gameplan with McCarron?
So how do we gameplan with McCarron at the helm?

We may have to gameplan differently with AJMC in...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:12 AM)milksheikh Wrote: So how do we gameplan with McCarron at the helm?

We may have to gameplan differently with AJMC in...

Not as many roll-outs nor bootlegs. McCarron is not athletic so that takes away numerous read options.

Mainly, gonna have to keep McCarron purely as a pocket passer. He doesn't get the ball out quickly, so that is going to lead to the line holding their own longer. There will be a few adjustments and possibly takes out a few plays, but nothing extremely major or anything.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly - very little will or should change. He has been in the system for 2 years and he should be comfortable with the playbook.

From what I saw today, he can get us by. He can make all the throws necessary, it will just be the mental part of the game that he needs to work on. If anything, I can see them cutting down on the changes at the line of scrimmage, but that's about it.
Reply/Quote
I think we'll probably be able to run just about all of the playbook. I'm not worried about AJ knowing our plays and audibles, what concerns me is his ability to read defense and that just comes with time and experience.
Reply/Quote
More running the football, more special teams, and hopefully a shutdown defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd go heavy sets, unbalanced lines. We have the line and backs to pound it, and the receivers to make big plays when needed. It will allow Hill to run from sets he is comfortable with and give McCarron more time to take shots.

Reply/Quote
Nothing changes, AJ and AJ, Marvin and Mo will work late this week getting timing down, and we will run the playbook as usual. Ie, we still won't be able to run the ball effectively. AJM is going to have to sling it, and I think he is up to it.
Reply/Quote
AJ has played on the big stage at Bama so the "Bright lights" will not bother him.

As he noted with Lap after the game having a full week of taking the first team reps will be huge for him, I also like the fact we face the Niners this week for him to get his feet wet and confidence up.

I also liked the fact he owed up to the interceptions and vowed to not let the team down!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Eifert getting healthy and playing will be crucial.
Reply/Quote