Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Backs vs. Running Backwards
Let's trade Jeremy Hill for something valuable while the rest of the league still thinks he's good.

The Bengals can do better in 2017 by letting Rex Burkhead, Giovani Bernard, and Cedric Peerman run the ball -- and all three of these players can catch passes too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How do you replace 20 carries for 43 yds?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burkhead making things happen..Lets put Jeremy hill back in who gains 1 yard a carry. Hell let's sit Burkhead the whole 2nd half and keep Hill in..Zampese and Marvin love seeing those 1 yard carries on 1st and 2nd down. Lovin it! Hill is garbage. Tip Toer
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:53 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Burkhead making things happen..Lets put Jeremy hill back in who gains 1 yard a carry. Hell let's sit Burkhead the whole 2nd half and keep Hill in..Zampese and Marvin love seeing those 1 yard carries on 1st and 2nd down. Lovin it! Hill is garbage. Tip Toer

...and that's the difference between Jeremy Hill and LeVeon Bell.  They both tap dance but LeVeon Bell has the best vision I've ever seen from a running back.  He can tap dance and wait for a hole to open while Jeremy just runs into people. Granted, the Bengals have the worst offensive line in modern history but somehow Rex Burkhead seems to find a gap on occasion.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:
...and that's the difference between Jeremy Hill and LeVeon Bell.  They both tap dance but LeVeon Bell has the best vision I've ever seen from a running back.  He can tap dance and wait for a hole to open while Jeremy just runs into people. Granted, the Bengals have the worst offensive line in modern history but somehow Rex Burkhead seems to find a gap on occasion.

Yeah he runs straight into his guys. He reminds me of Cedric Benson. Weak
Reply/Quote
Dalvin Cook please.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:

Some where along the line Jeremy Hill got the idea in his head that he's a scat back, he's not. And being totally serious he needs his eyes examined.

There have been a few RB's that can be patient and let blocks develop, then accelerate off them. Hill isn't one of them ! He's a downhill, having a head of steam type runner.

We don't have the O-line where blocks are going to develop anyways. You'd think the coaches would know that and say Jeremy hit the damn hole and stop dancing ?

I was a Hill backer, I'm not anymore.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Some where along the line Jeremy Hill got the idea in his head that he's a scat back, he's not. And being totally serious he needs his eyes examined.

There have been a few RB's that can be patient and let blocks develop, then accelerate off them. Hill isn't one of them ! He's a downhill, having a head of steam type runner.

We don't have the O-line where blocks are going to develop anyways. You'd think the coaches would know that and say Jeremy hit the damn hole and stop dancing ?

I was a Hill backer, I'm not anymore.

Hill also thinks he has the speed to bounce runs to the outside, very delusional.
Reply/Quote