Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Running game
(11-12-2017, 02:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Why?

Are you in a bathtub holding hands with an older lady who is in a different bathtub?

Yes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 07:44 PM)wcu Wrote: A few weeks ago in one of the game day threads, someone asked the question: When is the last time a Bengals running back ran for more than 100 yards in a game against someone other than the Cleveland Browns?

I went back through the game logs for the answer. It was at the very beginning of the 2015 season. Gio went off on the Chargers. It’s absolutely disgusting that aside from one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL, we haven’t had a 100 yard rusher in nearly two and a half seasons. How do they reconcile this with the lack of changes needed to improve?

Our OL is just that bad. Hill, Bernard and Mixon are all capable of 100 yards games. The OL is not capable of blocking for a 100 yard ground game. Our coaches are not capable of fixing the problem either. It's all really that simple.

Marv doesn't believe the OL is a problem, which means he's a blind SoB.

Reply/Quote
3 bums at rb
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:53 PM)Igor Wrote: 3 bums at rb

Nothing about the five bums blocking for them?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:53 PM)Igor Wrote: 3 bums at rb

So, you think it's the RBs, and not the blocking?

Gotcha.  Wink

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you think it's the RBs, and not the blocking?

Gotcha.  Wink

If we had Kareem hunt instead of that ***** that beats girls we wouldn't blame the oline and we could have still had witworth too but we're the bengals and we get banged more then mia Khalifas lose ponini
Reply/Quote
It's really near impossible to evaluate Mixon. He seems to have a ton of physical talent...but he's also seeming to get worse breaking tackles as the season goes on.

Everyone was screaming for the Bengals to play him more and I contended that playing behind a bad offensive line might ruin him. It's actually starting to happen in some ways.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:58 PM)Igor Wrote: If we had Kareem hunt instead of that ***** that beats girls we wouldn't blame  the oline and we could have still had witworth too but we're the bengals and we get banged more then mia Khalifas lose ponini

Jokes on you.  KC has, and usually maintains a very strong OL.  Typically, they produce backs among the league leaders.  Don't believe me?  Remember Jamal Charles?  He was a super stud with the Chiefs.  How's he doing in Denver, with a crappy OL?

Oh, you didn't know that Charles was with the Broncos?  Why didn't you know?  Because nobody is talking about him, he can't do much behind a crap OL...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mixon actually averaged over 4 YPC this game. If you watched him you may have seen him hitting the holes with more aggression or perhaps the oline just got better
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If you have 3 starting RBs you have none. As for the OL the Bengals need new players and a real coach. Steelers had a great OL in 2005 and neglected it for years after while Ben took a beating. They got Munchak to coach a couple of years ago and turned a backup TE from another team into their starting LT. They also have a couple of 1st round picks on there too.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixon actually averaged over 4 YPC this game. If you watched him you may have seen him hitting the holes with more aggression or perhaps the oline just got better

Sad that we're using a 9 carry, 37 yard game as a source of optimism for the line. That really says something.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:58 PM)Igor Wrote: If we had Kareem hunt instead of that ***** that beats girls we wouldn't blame  the oline and we could have still had witworth too but we're the bengals and we get banged more then mia Khalifas lose ponini

If you honestly think Kareem Hunt is that much better then mixon you don't watch much football. In Hunts first 4 games he could be 4 or 5 yards down the field before getting touched. Any RB who has that is going to be able to fall forward for  7-8 yard gain. Look at his last 4 games running when the blocking hasn't been quite as good. If they switched teams I'm sure they would have pretty similar stats. All of our RBs didn't just suddenly become terrible...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sad that we're using a 9 carry, 37 yard game as a source of optimism for the line. That really says something.

Yeah...you basically have to cherrypick stats at this point.
Reply/Quote
With this offensive line Earl Campbell in his prime couldn't rush for 100 yards
Reply/Quote