Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rush Limbaugh has died at 70
(02-17-2021, 05:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can’t think of anyone I wish dead or would be glad they are dead because of what they said. Yeah I think people like child murderers should die, but even then I don’t celebrate. And people do take a lot (not everything) he said out of context. They didn’t realize who is actual targets were.

I'm with you.  Never wish for someone to die.  Like I said when he was still doing DJ shtick is was clever then he just got mean.  He knew his style attracted listeners and he thrived doing it.  Howard Stern's style did the same for him.  If you find your niche and someone will pay you to do it you do it.  I get that.  But in doing so he said a lot of awful things about people and they will happily remind us of that today.  But it was brought up every time he was in the news so his death just won't be any different.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm with you.  Never wish for someone to die.  Like I said when he was still doing DJ shtick is was clever then he just got mean.  He knew his style attracted listeners and he thrived doing it.  Howard Stern's style did the same for him.  If you find your niche and someone will pay you to do it you do it.  I get that.  But in doing so he said a lot of awful things about people and they will happily remind us of that today.  But it was brought up every time he was in the news so his death just won't be any different.

I get it. I personally hate feeling that way. I’ve certainly been there before, and the problem is your object of hate couldn’t care less. My sister is constantly ranting about Nancy Pelosi. I tell her quit listening to her. What she says day to day doesn’t mean anything. Why do you want to be mad all the time?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I never understood the appeal of Rush or O'Reilly. You didn't need to ever watch or listen to their show to know exactly what they're going to say about any topic. I get wanting your opinion reinforced but I can't understand how that isn't boring to listen to. There are very few people I'd be pleased to hear about their death, Rush certainly wasn't one of them. But I can't say that I care very much either.

I will give the man his due, he became insanely successful in a very competitive industry.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I never understood the appeal of Rush or O'Reilly. You didn't need to ever watch or listen to their show to know exactly what they're going to say about any topic. I get wanting your opinion reinforced but I can't understand how that isn't boring to listen to. There are very few people I'd be pleased to hear about their death, Rush certainly wasn't one of them. But I can't say that I care very much either.

I will give the man his due, he became insanely successful in a very competitive industry.

His appeal was that he was so much better than anyone else. I would listen to him and turn Hannity off. Rush could sai predicted it here first and Hannity could say I predicted it here first, and Hannity sounded like a blow hard and Rush didn’t.

Edit: I made a thread on the Hotel Cecil documentary in the entertainment section if you have any insight. No big deal if you don’t.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:28 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Aaahhhhhhh, the tolerant left...........................unless you disagree with them.

If there is one thing I won't tolerate, it's people being intolerant of people who make a career out of being intolerant.  At any rate, Limbaugh made his fortune and name upon doing and saying things that would ensure that a large percent of the population would be happy he was dead, so you reap what you sow.

Honestly, I think the man would be happy to know how many people who disagreed with him are gleeful he's dead.  As John Wayne Gacy said before they executed him "Kiss my ass!"
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:28 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Aaahhhhhhh, the tolerant left...........................unless you disagree with them.

He was openly racist and sexist and attacked the physical appearance of the children of politicians. 

You embarrass yourself by pretending that animosity towards him was simply because of a difference of political opinion. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If there is one thing I won't tolerate, it's people being intolerant of people who make a career out of being intolerant.  At any rate, Limbaugh made his fortune and name upon doing and saying things that would ensure that a large percent of the population would be happy he was dead, so you reap what you sow.

Honestly, I think the man would be happy to know how many people who disagreed with him are gleeful he's dead.  As John Wayne Gacy said before they executed him "Kiss my ass!"

I believe you are right. I can hear him saying mission accomplished. Definitely a talk radio icon. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I get it. I personally hate feeling that way.  I’ve certainly been there before, and the problem is your object of hate couldn’t care less. My sister is constantly ranting about Nancy Pelosi. I tell her quit listening to her. What she says day to day doesn’t mean anything. Why do you want to be mad all the time?

Oh, I totally understand.  I never hated him as much as he just stopped being entertaining to me.  Obviously a lot of other people disagreed with me...lol

(02-17-2021, 06:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: His appeal was that he was so much better than anyone else. I would listen to him and turn Hannity off. Rush could sai predicted it here first and Hannity could say I predicted it here first, and Hannity sounded like a blow hard and Rush didn’t.

Edit:  I made a thread on the Hotel Cecil documentary in the entertainment section if you have any insight. No big deal if you don’t.

Limbaugh wasn't the first but he was the biggest and everyone else just looked like copycats.  He had a knack for making it work.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If there is one thing I won't tolerate, it's people being intolerant of people who make a career out of being intolerant.  At any rate, Limbaugh made his fortune and name upon doing and saying things that would ensure that a large percent of the population would be happy he was dead, so you reap what you sow.

Absolutely nailed it.  Plus the added satisfaction of the folks on the right attacking the "tolerant left" over it.  As divisive as his was alive.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:39 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I believe you are right. I can hear him saying mission accomplished. Definitely a talk radio icon. 

Yep, and he's one of those people that commoners can look at and say "Maybe being rich and famous isn't such a great thing."  Everyone wins.  
Reply/Quote
I doubt they'll be saying that.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:54 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I doubt they'll be saying that.

Who will be saying what?
Reply/Quote

"Left" or "right" has nothing to do with being a nasty ass hole.

I tolerate plenty of people on the right who i disagree with on political issues.  I don't tolerate Rush because he was mean, abusive, sexist, racist, and a liar.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 07:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who will be saying what?

Them damn commoners  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
For the record, anyone who is like "you just didn't like him because he disagreed with you," this is why people tend to dislike Rush, shit like this:\

[Image: EudKwwXXUAEa5nC?format=jpg&name=medium]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 07:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For the record, anyone who is like "you just didn't like him because he disagreed with you," this is why people tend to dislike Rush, shit like this:\

[Image: EudKwwXXUAEa5nC?format=jpg&name=medium]

If that's true then that's really effed up.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 07:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If that's true then that's really effed up.

It’s true. He later, kind of sort of apologized about it. The apology definitely didn’t match the thought he put into that segment he ran for weeks.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 07:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s true. He later, kind of sort of apologized about it. The apology definitely didn’t match the thought he put into that segment he ran for weeks.

That's far worse then anything I knew about him.  That's really vile.  When did he do this?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 07:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's far worse then anything I knew about him.  That's really vile.  When did he do this?

In the '80s, it seems: https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/02/rush-limbaugh-used-celebrate-deaths-gay-men-aids-radio-show/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 07:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In the '80s, when the epidemic was at a peak: https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/02/rush-limbaugh-used-celebrate-deaths-gay-men-aids-radio-show/

Honestly, I assumed it was in the 80's.  I can't see that flying anytime after that, even for a Limbaugh type.  I've never understood homophobia and how rampantly some people hate homosexuals.

EDIT: 90's surprises me. That was probably the most egalitarian decade this country has ever seen.
Reply/Quote