Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rushing attack-How important?
(07-24-2018, 02:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I sure do

Welcome back ole buddy, ain't seen you around in awhile.

I was in your old stompin’ grounds a couple weeks ago. I was in SE Ohio and I took the long way home along the Ohio River. I stopped in Wheelersburg to visit Memorial Burial Park where some of my relatives are interred, drove past WHS, caught 52 West to 23 North in Portsmouth and home via 35 West to Kettering.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All I know on this subject is going back a little bit to Bettis and Cowher days in shitsburg - the Bengals could not stop him. Talk about demoralizing. The old - "impose your will on the other team". When you can do that and play with the lead its a W in your column and mentally devastating to your opponents.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 05:09 PM)BengalD Wrote: All I know on this subject is going back a little bit to Bettis and Cowher days in shitsburg - the Bengals could not stop him.  Talk about demoralizing.  The old - "impose your will on the other team".  When you can do that and play with the lead its a W in your column and mentally devastating to your opponents.

being able to grind out the clock when they know your gonna run it on them is a beautiful thing if you can do...  The bus was hard to stop...  especially on the goal line... (I think I remember agame he had 2 TDs but -4 yards)
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: being able to grind out the clock when they know your gonna run it on them is a beautiful thing if you can do...  The bus was hard to stop...  especially on the goal line... (I think I remember agame he had 2 TDs but -4 yards)

September 12, 2004 - 5 carries, 3 TD, 1 yard.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good point, probably cannot be much worse in pass pro than those guys, especially Og and Hart.

I have seen good pass protection from Fisher in the past but i still stand by that Fisher has always been more of a LT
then RT in my eyes. Would rather have a mauling type like Redmond or Perkins there. Perkins actually played well in
the one chance he got at RT against the Ravens. Went right down the field and scored a TD with him there.

People throwing out the notion of Redmond, Perkins or Taylor at RT i think are undervaluing what Pollack has been
saying. No one is given a starting position, no one. The best players will start.

Perhaps the very notion of the open competition will bring out the best in everyone.  I mean, there are as many as five guys competing for that RT spot and not one of them has a contract beyond next year (at least I don't think they do).  

I am really pulling for Redmond.  At just 23 years old, he hasn't even reached his physical peak.  And I am sure that everyone will hurl insults at this, but I remember reading that he left college early largely because he needed money to help raise his daughter.  Man, I can't wait for the preseason games.  Everyone else hates them, but I love watching battles like what we have at RT compete.  
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Perhaps the very notion of the open competition will bring out the best in everyone.  I mean, there are as many as five guys competing for that RT spot and not one of them has a contract beyond next year (at least I don't think they do).  

I am really pulling for Redmond.  At just 23 years old, he hasn't even reached his physical peak.  And I am sure that everyone will hurl insults at this, but I remember reading that he left college early largely because he needed money to help raise his daughter.  Man, I can't wait for the preseason games.  Everyone else hates them, but I love watching battles like what we have at RT compete.  

Good stuff, didn't know that about Redmond. No denying the dude's physical attributes.

This year Preseason should be much more interesting that is for sure. Nice that that 3rd one against the Bills
will be on Fox and i will get to see it. Didn't get to see many games last year cause we sucked so bad. Need to
win a bunch so we get back in the limelight. With our new additions i expect just that.

And like you said, open competition should bring out the best in everyone.
Reply/Quote