Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Bodine was...
(10-11-2016, 01:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Depends.....if we're talking about the o line, it's great.  If we're talking about DreK, it's BS.....don't believe me?  Just ask fred. LMAO

Sigh.  I have explained several times the difference between the individual grading system and the unit grades but some people can not understand even the most simple basics of analytics.  Either that or they are afraid to have a serious discussion on the subject.

"Paul alexander plays the piano.  That means he sucks as a football coach. Derp."
Reply/Quote
Believe everybody with the exception of a few on here have been wanting PA replaced for years.

Think it is time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:24 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Why do I have a feeling that Paul Alexander printed off that article and hung it above his bed...

"It's ok Paul...we were right all along....everrryyyone else is the crazy ones....muahhahahaha..."

-Gargled through his full face CPAP machine in the dead of night before his constricted airflow deprives him of oxygen and his body goes to bed as a last ditch survival tactic

FTFY
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sigh.  I have explained several times the difference between the individual grading system and the unit grades but some people can not understand even the most simple basics of analytics.  Either that or they are afraid to have a serious discussion on the subject.

"Paul alexander plays the piano.  That means he sucks as a football coach. Derp."

:hooked:

[Image: 72001346.jpg]

.......like moths to the flame. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe everybody with the exception of a few on here have been wanting PA replaced for years.

Think it is time.

Yep.....Hue and Gruden were able to scheme around the deficiencies with Dalton's ability to read the coverage quickly and his quick release.....except for the woefully ranked run game.  So far, ol KZ has not been able to do this.  Could be lack of talent/experience at the wideout, could be poor draft choices and or coaching up front.  

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:09 PM)jason Wrote: When Bodine gats thrown around  like that, do you suppose he yells anything back to Andy?... You know... Does he yell "Run Andy!!!" Or "Look out!!!" or "My bad..."

Ole!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ole!

A la "Nasty" Nate Livings?  Another Piano Man "project"? LMAO

Reply/Quote
I know weight room strength doesn't translate to the field but every time I see Bodine get tossed around like a rag doll i find it harder and harder to believe he actually benched 225 42 times at the combine
Reply/Quote
PFF officially means nothing. Any info posted from there needs to get the poster banned
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can trade Bodine to the moneyball Browns who uses PFF as the football bible.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ole!
I forgot another possibility. When he got ragdolled the other day it looked like he was yelling "Help!!!!".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I know weight room strength doesn't translate to the field but every time I see Bodine get tossed around like a rag doll i find it harder and harder to believe he actually benched 225 42 times at the combine
He's not using his chest enough out there. He needs to clean that up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
PFF lost what little credibility it might have had (by the middle of last season, by my reckoning). Funny how some folks will quote it as gospel if it supports their particular ax to grind, and utterly ignore it if it doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:09 PM)jason Wrote: When Bodine gats thrown around  like that, do you suppose he yells anything back to Andy?... You know... Does he yell "Run Andy!!!" Or "Look out!!!" or "My bad..."

Lol probably not, he probably says god suck
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I know weight room strength doesn't translate to the field but every time I see Bodine get tossed around like a rag doll i find it harder and harder to believe he actually benched 225 42 times at the combine

Me too I'm like where is this brute strength lol
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....Hue and Gruden were able to scheme around the deficiencies with Dalton's ability to read the coverage quickly and his quick release.....except for the woefully ranked run game.  So far, ol KZ has not been able to do this.  Could be lack of talent/experience at the wideout, could be poor draft choices and or coaching up front.  

Let me guess Fred toast is one of them lol
Reply/Quote
I have said for the last couple weeks that Bodine is improving. Folks just dislike Bodine so they cannot give him credit.

Did he have a great game? Nope, was he one of our better performers? Sure.

Folks need to understand that he is currently not the weak link of this Oline.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The best blocker on the Cincinnati offense is 5'8" 205 pound Giovani Bernard. Why? He's already low on the defensive lineman -- and low man always wins.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I know weight room strength doesn't translate to the field but every time I see Bodine get tossed around like a rag doll i find it harder and harder to believe he actually benched 225 42 times at the combine

Yeah, and many have argued through the years that the bench press for reps is likely the poorest measure of strength for a lineman, on either side of the ball.  If you want a weight lifting move that more accurately measures the athletic power of a lineman, go with the Olympic Clean, or at least the conventional hang clean.  Takes a lot more strength, mobility, and athleticism to perform those, than simply laying down and getting good at pressing a light weight for a ton of reps. (not even "good" reps, at that...)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I think I heard, "Out of the way, peck."

That's a Willow reference for you whippersnappers. Look it up. 
Reply/Quote