Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Wilson to the Broncos
Did the Broncos just become an AFC Contender?

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have to see what they gave up a ton of draft Capital + Players is going to hurt them. Getting Wilson does improve their team though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 03:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Did the Broncos just become an AFC Contender?

Yes, that makes them contenders. If they Gave up only draft capital, it was a no brainer.
Reply/Quote
Props to the Broncos, I think it's a good move for them even if they gave up future drafts similar to what the Rams have been doing. Russ is younger than Aaron Rodgers, so it's not like they acquired a player past his best years. I think this puts Denver back in competition with KC for AFC West titles and playoff runs.
Reply/Quote
Great, just what we need... another stud QB in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 03:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Props to the Broncos, I think it's a good move for them even if they gave up future drafts similar to what the Rams have been doing. Russ is younger than Aaron Rodgers, so it's not like they acquired a player past his best years. I think this puts Denver back in competition with KC for AFC West titles and playoff runs.

Heck yes it does. This is probably the most complete offense (OL and pass catchers) he has ever had. Jeudy, Sutton and Patrick are so underrated.
Reply/Quote
And a defense to keep his side manageable for a scoring.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Yes, Broncos just became contenders. Strong contenders? I am not sure about that, but contenders nonetheless. A QB of Wilson's talent is that strong.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 04:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Heck yes it does.  This is probably the most complete offense (OL and pass catchers) he has ever had.  Jeudy, Sutton and Patrick are so underrated.

They also have a couple big very fast Tight Ends Noah Fant and Albert Okwuegbunam.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Word is Multiple first rounders at least plus Drew Lock and Shelby Harris.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 04:07 PM)Synric Wrote: They also have a couple big very fast Tight Ends Noah Fant and Albert Okwuegbunam.

Fant is a part of the trade.
J24

Reply/Quote
I get the trade for the Broncos but I don't love it. As for the Seahawks I would rather have gotten Surtain than any of the other three players.
J24

Reply/Quote
From a bengals perspective I wonder if some team now considers getting back into the first round for qb more than they might have before. I can see Willis going to Seattle with what I assume would have been Denver’s first, I think 9 overall. If ridder, Pickett, Howell or corral is the last man standing in rd 1 someone might get desperate. Assuming there is no one there we love of course.

And the afc playoffs just got potentially even tougher. The nfc playoffs should be a breeze to qualify for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 04:24 PM)J24 Wrote: I get the trade for the Broncos but I don't love it. As for the Seahawks I would rather have gotten Surtain than any of the other three players.

What is not to love? They get a HOF QB, still very much in his prime, and they instantly insert themselves into the conversation of AFC champs.

Jeudy, Sutton and Patrick will challenge any trio of WR outside of the bengals.

If the result is a SB, it’s worth it. They were a tough out, 3 of their last 4 games were decided by 5 points or less, and those were playoff teams.

I wish I placed a bet on them to win the SB yesterday, I’m sure the odds just went through the roof.
Reply/Quote
He's past his prime. A lot to give up to get the 3rd best QB in your division.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 04:49 PM)BengalBob Wrote: He's past his prime. A lot to give up to get the 3rd best QB in your division.

Elaborate please. Even last year he posted another great season 25tds to 6int and is still a top 10 QB. He may well be the 3rd best in that division, but its stacked. Should the broncos have just sat on their hands? He is only 33 and has 3-5 years ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 04:44 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What is not to love? They get a HOF QB, still very much in his prime, and they instantly insert themselves into the conversation of AFC champs.

Jeudy, Sutton and Patrick will challenge any trio of WR outside of the bengals.  

If the result is a SB, it’s worth it. They were a tough out, 3 of their last 4 games were decided by 5 points or less, and those were playoff teams.

I wish I placed a bet on them to win the SB yesterday, I’m sure the odds just went through the roof.

For starters they gave up 4 future starters who will be on cheap contracts and secondly they gave up a young upcoming pro bowler in Nant.
J24

Reply/Quote
I'm not liking how much they gave up (especially Fant), but it's certainly an interesting trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 05:12 PM)J24 Wrote: For starters they gave up 4 future starters who will be on cheap contracts and secondly they gave up a young upcoming pro bowler in Nant.

They gave up about the same package, slightly more, as the rams did for stafford. Wilson is the better QB.
Reply/Quote
So the Seahawks finally get a shot at Bo Callahan...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote