Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Wilson trade
Would you trade Andy Dalton a first and a third for Russell Wilson?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No, Wilson was a 3rd round pick, Andy was a 2nd round pick. If Seattle wants out of the Wilson contract, they can go even swap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 04:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Would you trade Andy Dalton a first and a third for Russell Wilson?

Andy + a 1st and a 3rd round picks to rent a QB for 1 year? No.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, Wilson was a 3rd round pick, Andy was a 2nd round pick. If Seattle wants out of the Wilson contract, they can go even swap.

I e always thought Wilson was just a more athletic Dalton. They're roughly the same age too. I'd pass on the OP.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Andy + a 1st and a 3rd round picks to rent a QB for 1 year? No.

Obviously would sign Wilson to a long term deal before trade occurred.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 04:41 PM)jason Wrote: I e always thought Wilson was just a more athletic Dalton. They're roughly the same age too. I'd pass on the OP.

Wilson has played in the league for 7 years and has had a QBR of 100+ in 4 of them. He's had a rating of 92+ every single year.
Dalton has only had 1 year above 100 and 1 other year above 90.
On top of that, Wilson has had less offensive talent to work with.
Wilson is a tier above Dalton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wilson has played in the league for 7 years and has had a QBR of 100+ in 4 of them. He's had a rating of 92+ every single year.

The question becomes if Seattle has better coaching and a better team around Wilson. The answer is obviously Yes.

It would be interesting to see how he did here.

I'd do the trade.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wilson has played in the league for 7 years and has had a QBR of 100+ in 4 of them. He's had a rating of 92+ every single year.

Is he a 1st and a 3rd round pick tier above Dalton? I personally don't think he is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No. Russell is a great QB but fear the payout wouldn’t be close to what we expected.

Reply/Quote
Russell would certainly be an upgrade over Dalton. Just not sure about shipping a 1st and 3rd as well.
Reply/Quote
35 TD and 7 Ints in 2018. IF you can get Wilson, you do it.

That said, this is a pipe dream that won't happen.
Reply/Quote
I hesitated for a minute getting hung up on the first round pick and then I started thinking about what we’ve been doing with first round picks......I’ll take that trade please!
Reply/Quote
Nah, I wouldn't do it. The swap plus a 1st and 3rd and the extra $9Mil in cap space is too much.

Gimme Andy the 1st 3rd and a FA to rent for about $9 Mil
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 12:29 AM)HuDey Wrote: I hesitated for a minute getting hung up on the first round pick and then I started thinking about what we’ve been doing with first round picks......I’ll take that trade please!

Different coaching staff. May not apply.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 08:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Different coaching staff. May not apply.

True. But I love Wilson’s ability to extend plays and make plays outside of the pocket. It’s a big move, and I believe we need to make big moves (players as well as coaching) to truly ring in a new culture.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 09:31 PM)jason Wrote: Is he a 1st and a 3rd round pick tier above Dalton? I personally don't think he is.

Not 1st, 3rd, AND Dalton, no IMO. But maybe Dalton and a 1st, definitely Dalton and a 3rd. Or a 1st and 3rd without Dalton included.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
no thanks....history suggests that Wilson has peaked as a QB.
thats way too much.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, Wilson was a 3rd round pick, Andy was a 2nd round pick.  If Seattle wants out of the Wilson contract, they can go even swap.

Like others have said, I wouldn't give up the draft picks and I'd want a contract extension agreed before completing the trade.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:15 PM)impactplaya Wrote: no thanks....history suggests that Wilson has peaked as a QB.
thats way too much.

?????
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 04:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Would you trade Andy Dalton a first and a third for Russell Wilson?

We'd have to hit a grand slam in free agency to even consider giving up two of our top three picks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote