Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell bodine
IDK if I'm the only one who saw this but when the Browns got their third sack the Browns player got stuck In a spin move with his back toward bodine and he backpedaled 4 steps to get past bodine and sack Dalton. He can't even stop a guy who has his back to him
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: IDK if I'm the only one who saw this but when the Browns got their third sack the Browns player got stuck In a spin move with his back toward bodine and he backpedaled 4 steps to get past bodine and sack Dalton. He can't even stop a guy who has his back to him

I can agree with many that say his play has improved as the season has wore on. So now he's just up to servicable, yippie.

He still struggles mightily against 3-4's or any time he faces a hat on a hat. And it wouldn't take a lot for an upgrade at center.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can agree with many that say his play has improved as the season has wore on. So now he's just up to servicable, yippie.

He still struggles mightily against 3-4's or any time he faces a hat on a hat. And it wouldn't take a lot for an upgrade at center.

You have a coupon for that upgrade? Otherwise, not gonna happen.

Look at our 'kicker'....
Reply/Quote
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm tired of seeing a replay that shows him looking back at Dalton on the ground not engaged w/ anyone.
Reply/Quote
And there is a couple good ones available this upcoming draft as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:39 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm tired of seeing a replay that shows him looking back at Dalton on the ground not engaged w/ anyone.

Yes. There have been many plays this season where he doesn't make contact with a defensive player at all!!! Maybe they should send him to remedial-center school if they don't plan to replace him before next season. PATHETIC, but OSU's Elflein is probably no better IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:44 PM)Go Cards Wrote: And there is a couple good ones available this upcoming draft as well.

Don't give him yet ANOTHER chance to bring up and subsequently cream his pants about Elflein Whatever Whatever Whatever
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:47 PM)Derrick Wrote: Yes. There have been many plays this season where he doesn't make contact with a defensive player at all!!! Maybe they should send him to remedial-center school if they don't plan to replace him before next season. PATHETIC, but OSU's Elflein is probably no better IMO.

at least he plays good against elite dts though unlike bodine 
Reply/Quote
Russell Bodine? Yep, he still sucks...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't give him yet ANOTHER chance to bring up and subsequently cream his pants about Elflein Whatever Whatever Whatever

don't forget qbout McMillan
Reply/Quote
I saw Ogbuehi out there once. Wasnt really looking for him. But on Hills TD run he whiffed on his block and did a 360 while his man got contact on Hill. I think this goes to the root of the problem with him. He thinks he is ice dancing, totally forgot it was football.
Reply/Quote
I had hope Bodine would improve this year. Thought for sure he would take a big step.

Im impressed. He has improved enough that I would like him to stay and play out his rookie contract as a backup.
Reply/Quote
Here's hoping Bodine, Ooggieboggie, Maualuga , Michael Johnson, Shawn Williams , Nugent never see the field as Bengals after this year. Ever again. They are all just really bad at the game of football.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 10:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I had hope Bodine would improve this year. Thought for sure he would take a big step.

Im impressed. He has improved enough that I would like him to stay and play out his rookie contract as a backup.

He didn't improve. He got worse.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 12:01 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He didn't improve. He got worse.

Many would disagree with you.
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/12/10/13901360/it-might-not-look-like-it-but-russell-bodine-is-improving

Overall, he's showing signs of going from bottom third in the league to middle. Improvement, but not where everyone would want their center to be (elite).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The article says he's ranked #22 which is still not very good, n the guy that loves Ogbuehi says he's good. But my eyes week in n out tell me he still blows balls , can't run block to save his life n is piss poor in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 10:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Here's hoping Bodine, Ooggieboggie, Maualuga , Michael Johnson, Shawn Williams , Nugent never see the field as Bengals after this year. Ever again. They are all just really bad at the game of football.

I agree with u on malaluga(hoping for McMillan in draft as replacement) Johnson I would take one more year to get his replacement acclimated to NFL speed Nugent will be here at least 2 more years, bodine never again (being replaced by eifling) og we will see how he does at lt personally I think it's a much more natural fit for him. Williams will be here for 4 years. The problem with Williams and iloka is there both ss so Williams is trying to learn the nuances of free safety. So I'm gonna wait one more year before I start calling for his head.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 10:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Here's hoping Bodine, Ooggieboggie,  Maualuga , Michael Johnson, Shawn Williams , Nugent never see the field as Bengals after this year.   Ever again.  They are all just really bad at the game of football.

So, when Ogbuehi gives up a sack, do you imagine that the rest of the OL tells Andy to just brush it off, as it's only the Ooggieboogie Buggaboo?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Many would disagree with you.
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/12/10/13901360/it-might-not-look-like-it-but-russell-bodine-is-improving

Overall, he's showing signs of going from bottom third in the league to middle. Improvement, but not where everyone would want their center to be (elite).

This is his 3rd year and he's still one of the worst centers in the league. I see no improvement.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote