Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia bans ......
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/13/russia-has-banned-memes-so-heres-the-best-ones-of-vladimir-putin-5147681/

Russia bans Internet memes. Sad days for Dino, Zona, and Sunset. I guess Moscow will be off your travel lists haha

Quote:This image of an overly-enthusiastic Vladimir Putin is one of the most recognisable memes out there – and it’s near guaranteed to appear in the comment thread of every viral video on Facebook.

But we’re sorry to report that Vladimir Putin’s people won’t be having the lols anymore, after memes were banned in Russia.

According to reports, Russian artist Valery Sjutkin managed to successfully sue website Lurkmore, after they created a meme of him adorned with the words ‘hits women in the face’ – a quote from one of his songs.

As a result of that ruling, Russian internet regulators Roskomnadzor have tightened internet laws, and deemed it unacceptable to post ‘disparaging’ pictures that could affect someone’s dignity or business.

Exactly why there should be zero governemnt regulation on the Internet.
This has me torn. If there's one thing I (barely) love more than Putin, it's internet memes.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]