Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia begins moving troops into eastern Ukraine
(02-28-2022, 06:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure someone who is more up to date on things has already pointed out that Russia fired on Ukrainian vessels on Trump's watch.

Is that the same as an invasion?
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Is that the same as an invasion?

No, just makes it seem a bit doubtful that Putin was waiting for Trump to leave office before he "did something."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure someone who is more up to date on things has already pointed out that Russia fired on Ukrainian vessels on Trump's watch.

Are you implying this is equivalent to annexing Crimea (under Obama) and the current situation (under Biden)?  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This entire situation is just beyond fascinating to me.

It's absolutely horrible for the Ukrainian people and the Russian people, but it's insane how this has basically united the world against one common enemy.

It actually kind of gives me faith in humanity. No one wants war except Putin. There's a lot of good people and leaders of countries out there.

At this point I just don't see what the end game is here for Putin. I don't think he's going to nuke anyone, I think that's manufactured by fear mongering people on the internet based on Putin's posturing...and that's all it was...posturing. He's not near stupid enough basically end his reign in an instant by launching a nuke.

I wouldn't be surprised by a ceasefire here soon. Part of me thinks he's in too deep to just turn around, though. That would be a gigantic blow to his ego as well.

Wonder how those closest to him and the oligarchs still view Putin. Wonder if a hit on him is on the table anytime soon. A lot of powerful people in Russia are losing a ton of money right now and it seems like a ton of them don't back what he is doing.

I think this is the end of Putin. This is the war version of jumping the shark. There is no path to recovery for Russia from being an pariah state with Putin at the helm. I've no idea how the war ends. As much faith as I've put into MAD as a deterrent, it is not an exaggeration to say the world is on the edge of the knife right now. But no matter the outcome, I don't see a road back to relevance for Putin's Russia.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:38 PM)basballguy Wrote: Are you implying this is equivalent to annexing Crimea (under Obama) and the current situation (under Biden)?  

Nah, this is a lot bigger, but Trump's standing up to Putin is right up there with that healthcare reform he was going to pass and the proof that he was going to release to show that Obama was born in Kenya...I just see better than I hear, is all.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, just makes it seem a bit doubtful that Putin was waiting for Trump to leave office before he "did something."

Actually, I just remembered what you're talking about and Russia fired on those ships because they were in Russian territory.

Granted, Russia has taken the territory from Ukraine, but why would Trump take action against a country firing on vessels that were in their territory?
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, I just remembered what you're talking about and Russia fired on those ships because they were in Russian territory.

Granted, Russia has taken the territory from Ukraine, but why would Trump take action against a country firing on vessels that were in their territory?

Why would Trump stop bowing at Putin's feet just because they invaded Ukraine?

Your meme just brought up memories of 20 years ago when people were debating on whether it was Bill Clinton's or George Bush's fault that 9/11 happened.  The party that isn't in power always has all the answers and totally would have done things right and blah blah blah.  Just my 2 cents.

Anyways, Putin seems to be faceplanting anyways, so his judgment seem to be questionable.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 07:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why would Trump stop bowing at Putin's feet just because they invaded Ukraine?

Your meme just brought up memories of 20 years ago when people were debating on whether it was Bill Clinton's or George Bush's fault that 9/11 happened.  The party that isn't in power always has all the answers and totally would have done things right and blah blah blah.  Just my 2 cents.

Anyways, Putin seems to be faceplanting anyways, so his judgment seem to be questionable.

Way to avoid answering the question ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Please don't spoil that thread with your childish posts. Make one of your own.

We don't give a shit about Trump and Biden. This is serious matter.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 07:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Way to avoid answering the question ThumbsUp

My answer is that I don't think Trump would take action against Putin regardless of what he does, outside of a full scale invasion upon American soil.

The guy loves Putin, and can't even stop slobbering on his knob right now as Putin flounders and Russia faces economic collapse.  I just find it odd that we are entertaining the idea that a guy who endlessly gushed about Putin would have been the one to bomb the shit out of Russia.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 07:07 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Please don't spoil that thread with your childish posts. Make one of your own.

We don't give a shit about Trump and Biden. This is serious matter.

I can leave it be, but I bring this stuff up because the optics of this conflict are going to have a lasting effect upon our own democracy.  Again, I'll bow out, but this isn't just me taking shots at Trump for the fun of it.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 11:46 AM)basballguy Wrote: Ignoring the fact that you clearly aren't using the same definition of "full scale" as the rest of us, why in the world do you think he would "drop a nuke?"

I'm not sure I've seen a more irrational take than this.  

Ahh yes.

I forgot about how rational it was for Putin to invade Ukraine.

Lets not act like this guy isn't acting out of fear and lunacy. Putin has clearly lost his marbles and weighing his actions based on rationality is hard given the irrationality of his current actions.

Let me be clear. I'm not saying Putin is going to drop a Tsar Bomba on Ukraine. However, I absolutely believe Putin would use a low yield nuclear weapon. Not because it's rational to do so, but because I think he's insane enough to do it. Perhaps you have more faith in him than I do.

We have a dangerous situation on our hands. The invasion of Ukraine clearly hasn't gone the way Putin thought it would and he is suffering militarily because of it. Next you have the sanctions that are damaging Russia economically. Then you have countries uniting with Ukraine in support and sending them much needed supplies to fend off the Russian invasion with NATO practically knocking on the doorstep with response forces.

If Putin's military campaign continues to meet significant resistance, I believe Putin may feel backed into a corner enough to justify using low yield nuclear weapons.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 07:29 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: If Putin's military campaign continues to meet significant resistance, I believe Putin may feel backed into a corner enough to justify using low yield nuclear weapons.

I could see that, but he also mentioned the possibility of doing so, which hamstring the entire initiative doesn't it?  Having any upper-hand in a battle of nukes requires a sneak attack upon strategic areas of nuclear power.  But if Putin is just on a suicide plan, then I guess it doesn't matter.  It is an unenviable position to be in where we are hoping Putin actually has some sort of exit strategy in mind, because things haven't gone his way at all, thus far.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 07:29 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Ahh yes.

I forgot about how rational it was for Putin to invade Ukraine.

Lets not act like this guy isn't acting out of fear and lunacy. Putin has clearly lost his marbles and weighing his actions based on rationality is hard given the irrationality of his current actions.

Let me be clear. I'm not saying Putin is going to drop a Tsar Bomba on Ukraine. However, I absolutely believe Putin would use a low yield nuclear weapon. Not because it's rational to do so, but because I think he's insane enough to do it. Perhaps you have more faith in him than I do.

We have a dangerous situation on our hands. The invasion of Ukraine clearly hasn't gone the way Putin thought it would and he is suffering militarily because of it. Next you have the sanctions that are damaging Russia economically. Then you have countries uniting with Ukraine in support and sending them much needed supplies to fend off the Russian invasion with NATO practically knocking on the doorstep with response forces.

If Putin's military campaign continues to meet significant resistance, I believe Putin may feel backed into a corner enough to justify using low yield nuclear weapons.

I don't mean this question to sound obnoxious but do you know why Russia is invading Ukraine?  I feel like if you understood Putin's logic (however wrong it is), then common sense would prevail and you would not fear a nuclear bomb being deployed.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 07:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I could see that, but he also mentioned the possibility of doing so, which hamstring the entire initiative doesn't it?  Having any upper-hand in a battle of nukes requires a sneak attack upon strategic areas of nuclear power.  But if Putin is just on a suicide plan, then I guess it doesn't matter.  It is an unenviable position to be in where we are hoping Putin actually has some sort of exit strategy in mind, because things haven't gone his way at all, thus far.

he eems to have screwed himself either way you slice it....if his goal was to get his puppet regime in place , nuking the place doesnt really allow for anything afterwards and add to that Russia down wind of radiation fallout. He's in deep russion crap and if was smart he would negotiate something that allows him to save some face but Im afraid the damage is done..the whole world seems to be against him including China now  and his Oligarchs are getting pissed now because they cant buy a new yacht....I wouldnt be suprised if his life is in dangera or forcibly removed.  
For an Ex KGB agent, this total miscalculation is hard to believe and then add that his soldiers werent told what the mission really was?? like WTF??!  I hope this all gets resloved but it seems to be escalating and Putin is slowly being squeezed like he is in a  grasp of a Python. 
Reply/Quote
One thing to keep in mind is Russia is a country that Putin rules but his power really exists because the Oligarchs allow it. Putin is 70 and while it’s logical to think he could have nothing to lose, the Oligarchs do and so don’t be surprised if things get bad enough that Putin gets “Ceasered” as there have been rumblings for a while about internally people making moves to succeed Putin.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 274936439_5023657561014306_5972789868194...e=622330CA]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 08:38 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 274936439_5023657561014306_5972789868194...e=622330CA]

.0098 - I had to look it up, but that is correct.
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 08:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: .0098 - I had to look it up, but that is correct.

Quote:Russian Ruble now worth less than the Robux video game currency

After international sanctions punished Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the ruble is now worth less than the online equivalent of Monopoly money.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/617917/russian-ruble-now-worth-less-than-roblox-robux-game-currency.html
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 08:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: https://www.pcworld.com/article/617917/russian-ruble-now-worth-less-than-roblox-robux-game-currency.html

It's going to go lower.
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

Reply/Quote