Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Sanction Deadline
(01-30-2018, 02:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So we leave them unpunished for what they did, but we are well aware they are ramping things up for 2018?

[Image: nothing-to-see-here_new.jpg] 

I'm with you Matt, but you know the rubes don't believe ANY of it.  None.  In fact they are still after CLINTON for something, anything.

My folks said last night they never thought they'd see this stuff a SECOND time in their lives.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-30-2018, 02:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So we leave them unpunished for what they did, but we are well aware they are ramping things up for 2018?

[Image: nothing-to-see-here_new.jpg] 

Did they do anything other than buy ad buys for black lives matter and Post on social media? Heck seems like they did more when Ted Kennedy was actively working with them in an election to beat Reagan.

Unless I missed where they were tampering with voting machines.
(01-30-2018, 02:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm with you Matt, but you know the rubes don't believe ANY of it.  None.  In fact they are still after CLINTON for something, anything.

My folks said last night they never thought they'd see this stuff a SECOND time in their lives.

List what Russia did to alter our elections.
(01-30-2018, 02:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: List what Russia did to alter our elections.

Someone is touchy about Mother Russia.... Smirk
(01-30-2018, 02:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Did they do anything other than buy ad buys for black lives matter and Post on social media? Heck seems like they did more when Ted Kennedy was actively working with them in an election to beat Reagan.

Unless I missed where they were tampering with voting machines.

State sanctioned hacking, targeted misinformation campaigns intended to influence election outcomes, supporting alt-right movements to help them in their efforts to get Trump elected, according to emails they offered information to Trump campaign officials that had been acquired through illegal means. They actually have hacked election processes in Europe, and would here if they could (we know they have tried, but too much of our process is analog). But no, let's just pretend they did nothing wrong.

Need I go on?

Nevermind, this will all be denied or dismissed as no big deal, because a democratic society isn't important to some people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-30-2018, 02:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: State sanctioned hacking, targeted misinformation campaigns intended to influence election outcomes, supporting alt-right movements to help them in their efforts to get Trump elected, according to emails they offered information to Trump campaign officials that had been acquired through illegal means.

Need I go on?

Nevermind, this will all be denied or dismissed as no big deal, because a democratic society isn't important to some people. They actually have hacked election processes in Europe, and would here if they could (we know they have tried, but too much of our process is analog). But no, let's just pretend they did nothing wrong.

1. Most of that was covered under social media posting I mentioned.

2. Supporting alt right is a stretch considering they paid for ads for BLM.

3. On the emails to the campaign.... that is interesting but I wonder what is under the SOP on this stuff. Obama did the same for Netanyahu’s challenger in Israel. Not saying it’s right but this needs looked into. Personally I don’t like it either way.

4. What illegal means? Pedesta gave up his email password. If you are talking about the DNC, then that speaks to their cyber security that the fbi asked to come in and help but the DNC refused whereas the RNC accepted. That is probably a DNC issue as much as anything. So yes their incompetence led to the Russians getting their information.

Yes please go on. I will give you #4 and partial on #3.
(01-30-2018, 02:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Most of that was covered under social media posting I mentioned.  

Which was an attempt to undermine our democracy. Democracy relies on an informed public, which is why media in Russia is so government controlled. By engaging in these misinformation campaigns it is influencing the elections because people aren't smart enough (or are too lazy) to see through it.

(01-30-2018, 02:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 2. Supporting alt right is a stretch considering they paid for ads for BLM.  

So housing servers, providing financial support, and actually providing sanctuary to some of the alt-right trolls like Andrew Anglin don't count as supporting? BLM ads were paid for in attempt to throw that movement off, but they actually gave tangible support to the alt-right.

(01-30-2018, 02:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 3. On the emails to the campaign....  that is interesting but I wonder what is under the SOP on this stuff.  Obama did the same for Netanyahu’s challenger in Israel.    Not saying it’s right but this needs looked into.   Personally I don’t like it either way.    

So we agree it's wrong.

(01-30-2018, 02:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 4. What illegal means?   Pedesta gave up his email password.   If you are talking about the DNC, then that speaks to their cyber security that the fbi asked to come in and help but the DNC refused whereas the RNC accepted.    That is probably a DNC issue as much as anything.   So yes their incompetence led to the Russians getting their information.  

Yes please go on.  I will give you #4 and partial on #3.

Hacking is illegal. They hacked the DNC, they also attempted to hack government servers on numerous occasions. None of the rest of what you say here is relevant. They performed state sanctioned hacking, obtaining information used to then influence the election.

I'm not going to bother going on. We know what they did, it is sanction worthy. They intend to do it again because Trump is weak and not willing to actually punish them for their transgressions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-30-2018, 02:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not going to bother going on. We know what they did, it is sanction worthy. They intend to do it again because Trump is weak and not willing to actually punish them for their transgressions.

Trump is so beta when it comes to Putin.
you low t liberal beta ***** still complaining about Alpha Trump rejecting the sanctions that congress sent them because they're jealous of Putin's high t levels?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-30-2018, 02:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which was an attempt to undermine our democracy. Democracy relies on an informed public, which is why media in Russia is so government controlled. By engaging in these misinformation campaigns it is influencing the elections because people aren't smart enough (or are too lazy) to see through it.

So housing servers, providing financial support, and actually providing sanctuary to some of the alt-right trolls like Andrew Anglin don't count as supporting? BLM ads were paid for in attempt to throw that movement off, but they actually gave tangible support to the alt-right.

So we agree it's wrong.

Hacking is illegal. They hacked the DNC, they also attempted to hack government servers on numerous occasions. None of the rest of what you say here is relevant. They performed state sanctioned hacking, obtaining information used to then influence the election.

I'm not going to bother going on. We know what they did, it is sanction worthy. They intend to do it again because Trump is weak and not willing to actually punish them for their transgressions.

Not sure we can sanction further than we have already. It already costs a fortune to order things or send anything over that way. My sister in law has a baby and it cost us 4x the cost to send her congratulatory flowers compared to other European destinations. And that wasn’t even Russia.
(01-30-2018, 04:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure we can sanction further than we have already.  It already costs a fortune to order things or send anything over that way.    My sister in law has a baby and it cost us 4x the cost to send her congratulatory flowers compared to other European destinations.    And that wasn’t even Russia.

Then more sanctions wouldn't be a problem.
I think this thread is a perfect illustration of a major flaw in this forum. It appears Matt and Lucie are having a civil back and forth on the matter and you have the usual suspects adding absolutely nothing, just taking shots many of which are personal.

As to the subject at hand: Trump should do exactly what he said he would do or be subject to impeachment.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]