Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryam Kalil newest cut
He is 34 years old with loads of experience/ He was cut due to Tunsil trade

Should we grab him to back up our tackles?

I say yes. a no brainer if price is right
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is 34 years old with loads of experience/ He was cut due to Tunsil trade

Should we grab him to back up our tackles?

I say yes. a no brainer if price is right

He'll probably have a host of teams lining up for his services.  He will probably choose to be a starter or backup on a contender at this point of his career.  But hey, if he likes a challenge and playing time, it's here.
Reply/Quote
He's really struggled to stay healthy recently. I think Winston was in a similar predicament when he became our backup guy for a couple of seasons. A role where he's not leaned on every week, but can help if someone goes down might be exactly where he is in his career.
Reply/Quote
My bad, it is Matt Kalil and not Ryan

e signed one year deal with Texans for 7.5 million, 2.5 guaranteed so my guess he would agree to 1 year 5 million contract right now

Former all pro with Carolina

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My bad, it is Matt Kalil and not Ryan

e signed one year deal with Texans for 7.5 million, 2.5 guaranteed so my guess he would agree to 1 year 5 million contract right now

Former all pro with Carolina

If it’s the same Kalil im thinking of, he’s struggled the past few seasons but I’m sure he’s still better than 75% of our line now. So heck yea.
Reply/Quote
Is Matt Kalil better than what the Bengals currently have? If so, then yes!
Reply/Quote
If you're bringing him in, it's in an Eric Winston/Andre Smith kind of role. If you're expecting the all-Pro from Carolina you're setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.
Reply/Quote
No reason not to bring him in. Provides proven tackle depth which this team really needs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 02:12 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No reason not to bring him in. Provides proven tackle depth which this team really needs.

Plenty of reasons. We just cut an old washed up guy. We don't need an injury plagued old washed up guy either. 
Reply/Quote
Is he better than Dugas? If so, they need someone besides Andre to back up Glenn (injury history) and Hart (performance issues). I am not saying Kalil is the guy but they need someone.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Bring him in, even if just for depth. Always good to have experienced backups.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Plenty of reasons. We just cut an old washed up guy. We don't need an injury plagued old washed up guy either. 

Compare him to Jerry.

Kalil has the talent to be an All-Pro, he's done it before. The guy he'd replace has never shown the ability to be worth it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If Matt Kalil is willing to sign for the same value, or even close to what Andre Smith signed for? Then hell yeah, bring him in.

The Texans were suckers for giving him $7.5M with $2.5M guaranteed.. Imagine if the Bengals had made that move in the offseason, and how all of us would be reacting?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 05:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Compare him to Jerry.

Kalil has the talent to be an All-Pro, he's done it before. The guy he'd replace has never shown the ability to be worth it.

He may not be an all pro anymore, but if we can get him for a decent price, why not go after him. He is a vet who could teach other OL and help stabilize our OL. 

He has been in the trenches a long time and was signed to start in Houston in 2019, only reason he is available is the Texans wanted Tunsel short and long term.

Bring him in Vince and ZT please for at least a look

Reply/Quote
He was so bad the Texans paid him a 2.5 mil signing bonus to walk away and traded two first round picks and a second to acquire a replacement. Did I mention he has recently been injured often?

Why would we want this guy?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 05:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Compare him to Jerry.

Shit, Munoz has done it before too. Should we think about getting him out of the booth?

Bringing Jerry back was about the biggest bummer we have on the 53. I am all about going with young blood on the OL. Enough of the washed up dudes. Lets try to develop some guys. Give some young prospects a chance. Pats usually get it done with young OL, not a bunch of washed up old OL.
Reply/Quote
Khalil > Jerry
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 02:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Shit, Munoz has done it before too. Should we think about getting him out of the booth?

Bringing Jerry back was about the biggest bummer we have on the 53. I am all about going with young blood on the OL. Enough of the washed up dudes. Lets try to develop some guys. Give some young prospects a chance. Pats usually get it done with young OL, not a bunch of washed up old OL.

So, you would rather keep Jerry versus adding Kalil????

Reply/Quote