Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Clady out for year
Perhaps Peyton Manning might should consider retirement?

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/2015/05/28/ryan-clady-torn-acl/28079497/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So both Mannings left tackles are out for the year...interesting.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:50 AM)magikod Wrote: So both Mannings left tackles are out for the year...interesting.

That's what I was thinking.  Sets up the possibility for some trade leverage.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not like Manning and his Lincoln Log Neck could pass the ball beyond the line of scrimmage anyhow.
Reply/Quote
Rumors have already started swirling that the Bengals could ship Whit off to Denver.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:08 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Rumors have already started swirling that the Bengals could ship Whit off to Denver.

Rumors where?

I could absolutely NOT see that happening.

If anything, I could see Andre Smith getting traded.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Rumors where?

I could absolutely NOT see that happening.

If anything, I could see Andre Smith getting traded.

Last night there was a story on cbs sports, and I have seen 2-3 articles on Bleacer Report... granted they aren't normally very reliable. I would prefer Smith be traded honestly. I want to keep Whit. A line of Ogbuehi-Whit-Boling-Zeitler-Fisher would make me happy.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine this team trading Whit away. That would be a huge hit to the team all around.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:54 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Last night there was a story on cbs sports, and I have seen 2-3 articles on Bleacer Report... granted they aren't normally very reliable.  I would prefer Smith be traded honestly.  I want to keep Whit.  A line of Ogbuehi-Whit-Boling-Zeitler-Fisher would make me happy.

Ogbuehi likely isn't playing this year, I doubt Fisher sees much action in the first half of the season.  Tackle is one of those positions that Marvin seems to like experience at.

By the way, I googled Whitworth to Broncos. All that came up were a couple of speculator articles, looking at possibilities. Those are hardly "rumors", a true rumor is when someone says something has happened, but has yet to be confirmed.

Not trying to bang on ya, just wanted to explain the difference. Rumors cause panic, speculation is what we all do on places like this, every day.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:54 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Last night there was a story on cbs sports, and I have seen 2-3 articles on Bleacer Report... granted they aren't normally very reliable.  I would prefer Smith be traded honestly.  I want to keep Whit.  A line of Ogbuehi-Whit-Boling-Zeitler-Fisher would make me happy.

I'd probably switch Fisher to LT and Ogbuehi to RT if this was the case.
Reply/Quote
We shouldn't trade Whitworth to the Broncos. No way we give up on the best LT in the game coming off a great year in favor for a future pick. Whit will probably play 2 or 3 more years with us anyways so what's the use on giving up on him. Smith maybe but not Whit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Why trade him? We are gonna need depth. When's the last time we went a year with 0 line injuries?

Let them sign a street guy. Why would we give an opponent help?
Reply/Quote